Page 6 of 54 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: My panelvan is a piece of shit so I'm making my own but with blackjack and hookers.

That's Sir Cunt to you... krisr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skompa View Post
    Does he do repro stainless trim? The bits around all the windows. I look at what second hand shit is advertised for and cringe.
    Yeah, these days this shit makes me cringe too. Give Greg @ Classic Oz Wreck a call, he might have what you're after. Wrecks out alot of Holdens and I get most of my weird shit for my coupe from him if I ever need it as chances are he'll have it on the shelf but he will charge you accordingly though, only caveat.

Quote Originally Posted by krisr View Post
    Yeah, these days this shit makes me cringe too. Give Greg @ Classic Oz Wreck a call, he might have what you're after. Wrecks out alot of Holdens and I get most of my weird shit for my coupe from him if I ever need it as chances are he'll have it on the shelf but he will charge you accordingly though, only caveat.
    That sounds like another path to bankruptcy. I'll wait before buying the little bits and bobs.
    Do not listen to anything this man says. They are insane, illogical thoughts propagated by us, the voices in his head.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11637947_1643002995913758_1982911160_n.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	84508Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11652182_1643003002580424_1234845761_n.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	84509

The cheap tonner has these in it.

What sort of seats am I looking at and will it be not aids in the coupe?
    Do not listen to anything this man says. They are insane, illogical thoughts propagated by us, the voices in his head.

Brobdingnagian Member Mighty Mouse's Avatar
    they are run of the mill HJ onwards buckets.
    ok, but look tall as fuck in a coupe.
    better than a milk crate but not HQ buckets.

I had an XP hardtop bare shell years ago - should have done something with it, but the stainless trims for the headliner was going to cost $1500. Fuck that noise.
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Looks like I've found a free HJ wreck and a $200 tonner with usable guards and nosecone so I can start chopping repair sections

Good work!

dont worry too much about getting the right model shit for it. Slapit together with what you have lying around and enjoy the cunt.

you can worry about period correct shit later as the funds work out and you find the stuff cheap. I highly reccomend going to the bendigo swap meet this year

I kind of have the idea in my head of taking it to the monaro nationals next year and enjoying the fact that I'll have the cheapest car that cost less than the stainless trims around their windows.

Name:  $_12.JPG
Views: 522
Size:  14.7 KBName:  badge.JPG
Views: 520
Size:  26.6 KB

Wasted money on important shit today because I am unwell and needed to cheer myself up.

Have to finish it now.

Though I've been told the night riders car is actually meant to be a midnight blue kinda colour? Can anyone confirm?

I can't paint that shit if so.

Unregistered User Permit Roadsailing's Avatar
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]
    Though I've been told the night riders car is actually meant to be a midnight blue kinda colour? Can anyone confirm?

I can't paint that shit if so.
    looks like some flavor of dark blue" in the movie, why can't you paint it midnight blue?

So what engine and box do you have set aside for this beast? (I cant keep up with all the other cars at the beginning of the thread that may have had a V8 of some kind haha)

I'm a terrible painter is why!

Going for easy, I've got a 179HP with half a parts catalogue thrown at it. YT head, bored and stroked etc. Also the celica 5 speed from the WB.

I'm a terrible painter is why!

Going for easy, I've got a 179HP with half a parts catalogue thrown at it. YT head, bored and stroked etc. Also the celica 5 speed from the WB.
    Erm, Mr Skompa Sir....I thought the whole point of this thing was you loved the no fucks given aspect. If so, why let that impact your usual artistic umm flair? Get the paint shop to mix you up some single stage dark blue, don't know if flatteners can be mixed in/work on single stage but if you could do it so knocks the gloss off it and looks more like the car in the movie [thing looks matte ffs] that'd be the ticket. I think a lot more cunts than just me want to see this thing happen.

Also, throw the 179noHP into the Landcruiser, and the LS1 into the Nightrider?

Well the plan originally was 1J and t56 but I'm going for actually finishing this one so keeping it simple for now. Will have a spare 400 when I buy a crate motor for the yacht so that's always an option too.

And when I watch mad Max the car still looks black with red pinstripes to me

Why do you need trim?

Well the plan originally was 1J and t56 but I'm going for actually finishing this one so keeping it simple for now. Will have a spare 400 when I buy a crate motor for the yacht so that's always an option too.
    If it was me I would get it running with what you have lying about that bolts in with no mods or hassles. If you start going 1J or LS it becomes too daunting trying to do everything etc. if you throw the 179 in at least and you will have half a chance at getting it roadworthy in a much shorter time frame

I would prefer to see it with a V8 in there though haha.

"Roadworthy"

Quote Originally Posted by afraid View Post
    "Roadworthy"
    I have seen worse cars on club reg!

Lel
    caprice nugget.

Needs a V8, grab a VN 304 & trans (early ones don't need computer for trans) from gumtree for $500 & slap a dirty old holley & cheap ebay intake on it, bosch HEI dizzy & second hand headers.
    You could sell the 179 & cover most of the cost - dumb cunts will pay $$ for a nice 179 & 5 speed, dunno why.

304 bolts straight in, gets the 'right' motor in it, is cheap & gives a nice basis for a decent engine in the future.

If you need engine mounts, sump & pickup for 304 into HQ hit me up, got plenty laying around, may even have a bosch HEI.
    Last edited by TK; 26-06-15 at 10:08 AM.

PS - if you go 304 & rego with the later engine with carb fitted is a hassle I *may* have a solution, but can't post it on a public forum - PM for info.

If TK told me to close my eyes and bend over, I would.
    caprice nugget.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$_20.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	84580

I do actually own this 5 litre piece of shit but it has the typical fun 5L problem of oil light disco.

Oil light disco is easy fix, it'll be a clogged pickup, which needs to be changed to dump er in a HQ anyway.
    Also worth pulling the oil pump apart & cleaning the relief valve etc & reassembling packed with moly lube so it primes up quick.

haha

TK suggests VN V8, Skompa already owns entire VN - love it

Skompa has this building cars thing down pat---keeps his own parts yard out back!

I bought it to put the 4 speed in the caprice and then never got to drive it to figure out if the auto was any good so it has just been sitting there.

Figured it was just the pickup but it hasn't been high on my priorities list. Cheers man!

Quote Originally Posted by Xnke View Post
    Skompa has this building cars thing down pat---keeps his own parts yard out back!
    Ha! problem solved, has V8 VN donor car already in stock.

Just use that then, will be much more rewarding than the 179 nugget

Will go the same but have V8 sound effects
    Quote Originally Posted by RVK 355 View Post
    Hold it flat cunt