Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Evo 8 racecar

latest auto action on coxs car.

"the engines are built in australia and depending on how hard the drivers want to push them, can push out between 201 - 212kw."

so one would find it not unreasonable to assume 225 from the other guy in IP....
    Originally Posted by Tut
    THEY SHOULD ANALYY RAPE THEMSELVES WITH A FUCING CACTUS UPSIDE DOWN WITH COCONIUTS AND PINEABPPLES AS CHRISTMAS BALLS THE FUCKNIG THIEVENG CUNTS ID RATHER DIE FROM HAVING A RAINBOW UNICORN URETHRALLY RAPE ME THAN TO FUCKNIG DO BUSINESS WITH THEM CUTNST EVER AGAN

Quote Originally Posted by bp18t View Post
    latest auto action on coxs car.

"the engines are built in australia and depending on how hard the drivers want to push them, can push out between 201 - 212kw."

so one would find it not unreasonable to assume 225 from the other guy in IP....
    212 kw would be 9800rpm or something silly

160-170 fwkw's is the max for a B series and that's a serious $$$ engine to boot. The B series Honda's don't make what the Nissan and Toyota 2 litre's make. Its the suspension type that gives them the speed.
    When Anthony's Integra was a 1.85 (with a $$$ engine) it made 152 fwkw's on Phil's dyno and past Esky's with 165 rwkw's down the Creek's main straight, and his car is also some 150 Kg's heavier than them as well. Watching his in car vid's showed how fast the Honda's were into, middle and out of the corners which gave great straight line speed.

And Anthony and I have found Graeme and Jordan Cox to be delightfully helpful IPRA competitors.
    Last edited by 3sgem; 25-03-17 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3sgem View Post
    160-170 fwkw's is the max for a B series and that's a serious $$$ engine to boot. The B series Honda's don't make what the Nissan and Toyota 2 litre's make. Its the suspension type that gives them the speed.
    When Anthony's Integra was a 1.85 (with a $$$ engine) it made 152 fwkw's on Phil's dyno and past Esky's with 165 rwkw's down the Creek's main straight, and his car is also some 150 Kg's heavier than them as well. Watching his in car vid's showed how fast the Honda's were into, middle and out of the corners which gave great straight line speed.

And Anthony and I have found Graeme and Jordan Cox to be delightfully helpful IPRA competitors.
    what are the rules with IPRA for engines? My engine made 170wkws with the 2.4 and it isnt an expensive setup, very cheap, but if it had inlet restrictors it would be fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by nuk1ear View Post
    what are the rules with IPRA for engines? My engine made 170wkws with the 2.4 and it isnt an expensive setup, very cheap, but if it had inlet restrictors it would be fucked.
    The 2.4 if used in a car manufactured after Jan 1 1986 would need to have a minimum weight of 1175 kgs inc driver. Assuming that's not the original engine. Also if manufactured after Jan 1 1986, only cars that were originally turbo'd by the maker can use a turbo.

Quote Originally Posted by 3sgem View Post
    The 2.4 if used in a car manufactured after Jan 1 1986 would need to have a minimum weight of 1175 kgs inc driver. Assuming that's not the original engine. Also if manufactured after Jan 1 1986, only cars that were originally turbo'd by the maker can use a turbo.
    Yeh that throws it out the door. Would be a fat civic at 1175kg. Could build a similar power 2.0 but would be about double the cost.

Hmm, yeah, too slow at that weight???
    Car in 2nd place ran at 1150 kgs.......
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_mVBpbIVxA

1175 is still only a stock EG with 2 passengers... not exactly heavy. Plus if you're starting from scratch you'd have the stiffest EG ever if you put the weight into the cage.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Tow car/camping bus: 2011 D40 Navara ST

Daily: Honda Civic EK1 Hatch

Baby mobile: 2016 Nissan Qashqai

75 Mini Clubman club racer - DCOE powah

BP18t just to justify my exsistance Jordan Cox is over 2 yes 2 seconds quicker in qualifying than the next competitor
    you carnt convince me its all in his car I know a couple of those other guys dont lack $$$ or decent cars.
    2 seconds is lightyears faster.
    I told them I once raced cars (total lie ) pissed them right off I will think of something bigger.

turbosurfer

so if the rules allow the k20 why dont they use it? Maybe it actually affects the car balance and doesnt suit the chassis as well? Seems to work in time attack tho?

Because they'd have to run the weight handcap.
    Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Sports Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by nuk1ear View Post
    so if the rules allow the k20 why dont they use it? Maybe it actually affects the car balance and doesnt suit the chassis as well? Seems to work in time attack tho?
    The last 10 posts discuss exactly this.

Anyways, we've been straying from the topic a little too much. Fact is this is the first season in Andy's new car, a car that is considered a no hoper cause of weight and restrictor among many in IPRA, yet he's already achieved multiple podiums. Pretty fucking cracking effort I reckon.

My Sports Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by Guido View Post
    Anyways, we've been straying from the topic a little too much. Fact is this is the first season in Andy's new car, a car that is considered a no hoper cause of weight and restrictor among many in IPRA, yet he's already achieved multiple podiums. Pretty fucking cracking effort I reckon.
    Thanks Sam, pretty happy with how it's going after not a lot of use.
    Hopefully I can get it fast enough for people to think they're worthwhile running in IP without having to spend 100k.

Its a real shame that they make it so difficult to make evos competitive as they pretty much the best
    and fastest straight out of the box. Just look at any trackday or supersprint.
    Me being a owner of one for 10 years would be very happy with them at the front where they should be.
    I told them I once raced cars (total lie ) pissed them right off I will think of something bigger.

turbosurfer

Andys is at the front ffs.
    Originally Posted by Tut
    THEY SHOULD ANALYY RAPE THEMSELVES WITH A FUCING CACTUS UPSIDE DOWN WITH COCONIUTS AND PINEABPPLES AS CHRISTMAS BALLS THE FUCKNIG THIEVENG CUNTS ID RATHER DIE FROM HAVING A RAINBOW UNICORN URETHRALLY RAPE ME THAN TO FUCKNIG DO BUSINESS WITH THEM CUTNST EVER AGAN

Quote Originally Posted by bp18t View Post
    Andys is at the front ffs.
    Lol this guy is cooked!

Quote Originally Posted by turbosurfer View Post
    Its a real shame that they make it so difficult to make evos competitive as they pretty much the best
    Me being a owner of one for 10 years would be very happy with them at the front where they should be.
    Can you maybe take your fastest and best evo and fuck off real quick?
    www.vapeboss.com.au - big discounts for PF Cunts, PM me for a code

Quote Originally Posted by turbosurfer View Post
    It's really not difficult.
    Mine has standard brakes, standard turbo, standard head, a cheap set of rods and pistons, a front diff and some decent shocks. I took out everything that doesn't need to be in it and that's about it.
    Not really difficult at all.

Would a 7 be much slower?

Apart from the bumpers they're basically the same car, so no not any slower.
    The most critical thing to do it make it as light as you can and get the gearing correct.

But dont eos have to run restrictors thats why they are so slow in a straight line.
    you cannot tell me those other Hondas etc are faster in a straight line standard than
    a evo standard.
    MR1jz why the hostilities im on Andys side so JUST FUCK OFF CUNT>

turbosurfer

You clearly have no idea turbosurfer what a Honda is capable of .........

A Honda doesnt need a lot of power to run mid to high 12s on street rubber, throw drag radials on and flat 12s all day, now ask myself how much power an Evo needs to do the same ??

Little engine that could. itsnotagsr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy San View Post
    Apart from the bumpers they're basically the same car, so no not any slower.
    The most critical thing to do it make it as light as you can and get the gearing correct.
    Rumour has it that a certain front runing evo(s) in Combined Touring has been swaping ratios depending on tracks, which is specifically prohibited.
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
    (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
    Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Andy - with regards to ratios, without giving too much away, do you mean closer gearing within the box, shorter diff(s) gearing or taller diff(s) gearing to ride that restricted torque wave?

Can we please stop baiting the snapper head!?

My Sports Sedan

If this can't be a civil conversation I will start removing posts.
    #teamtremolo
    Quote Originally Posted by brasher
    TJ is 99% African American.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    And i'd still fuck Betty....

Quote Originally Posted by Guido View Post
    Andy - with regards to ratios, without giving too much away, do you mean closer gearing within the box, shorter diff(s) gearing or taller diff(s) gearing to ride that restricted torque wave?

Can we please stop baiting the snapper head!?
    Basically the challenge is making the top speed of the car on par with the other EM turbo stuff with the lack of rev range we have available. Without going into too much detail I'm sure you can work out how that's achieved.
    The problem my car has at the moment is that it doesn't hold much boost up the top end of the rev range compared to the other guys, which is partly due to the turbo being too small, along with a crappy restrictor design. Will be working to fix this eventually.

Why does every thread turbosurfer posts in turn into a shitfight......?
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMuz View Post
    Fuck 1uz you're such a sad cunt, trolling at a rookie level is the lowest form of self expression.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    Interesting that no-one wants to come to the rescue of 1uz though. Maybe he really is an annoying flog ?

Well Andy I think its about time you turbo guys make a stand and say fuck you guys we will be running without them.
    Even the stupid rule makers must see that its not normal for under NA2 litre cars are blowing away over 2 litre turboed
    cars in a straight line.

turbosurfer

You realise its voluntary to race in ipra?? No one forces you to run a turbo car in ipra... plenty of other classes to play in.