Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: ECU Tunes and Installs

Purist, whats that? Jason Broadhurst's Avatar
    The triggering in the Adaptronic is automatic, and fixing a threshold voltage due to noise is only masking the problem. Yes it does work sometimes, but it only takes a handful or shitty events at the wrong time to chip corners off a piston.

Also, RPM is only a function of one of the CAS' so the other can be spazzing out and the ECU logs fine.

In this order, report back your findings
    1) CAS shield resistance to ground with ECU plugged in
    2) CAS shield resistance to ground with ECU unplugged
    3) location of CAS shield ground, it should not be sensor ground, but just a regular lug to the chassis
    4) has some spastic grounded it at both ends
    5) is the CAS shield continuous through plugs/harness
    6) repeat steps 1:5 for the cas 0 VDC, ensuring it is to sensor ground and open circuit to ground when the ECU is unplugged

Then it might be time to get a scope out and check inj/ign angles and duration.
    Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Broadhurst View Post
    The triggering in the Adaptronic is automatic, and fixing a threshold voltage due to noise is only masking the problem. Yes it does work sometimes, but it only takes a handful or shitty events at the wrong time to chip corners off a piston.
    So why does every other ecu allow users to map the trigger voltages?
    im a cunt
    and apparently i dont know shit...

Even the M series does that now, it's not a bad option to have. But wouldn't you rather clean triggering?
    Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

hey jason - do you know what the injector offset does on the triggering page? ive always had it set to zero but just noticed the tuner had it changed to 3. would i be correct in assuming it changes which injector fires first in the sequence? if so, then why TF would he have changed it?

Even the M series does that now, it's not a bad option to have. But wouldn't you rather clean triggering?
    Unfortunatly that perfect world of clean triggering dosent exist
    im a cunt
    and apparently i dont know shit...

Quote Originally Posted by trdee View Post
    hey jason - do you know what the injector offset does on the triggering page? ive always had it set to zero but just noticed the tuner had it changed to 3. would i be correct in assuming it changes which injector fires first in the sequence? if so, then why TF would he have changed it?
    Yeah, it's the 1342, 3421, 4213, 2134 injection order. It's based on the cylinder to fire after the CAS 2 reset signal. It will not be causing your issue. If you want to be sure, switch it to batched for a test run.

Is it the 24+1+1? Are you using both CAS resets?
    Jason Broadhurst

ECU Tunes and Installs

Yeah 24 +1+1 Yes I'm using both cas resets. Injectors and coils are both set to full sequential.

Bumped the fuel pressure back up to 43psi last night and undid any changes to the tune. Will see if the fouling issue now goes away. Hopefully it does otherwise it's not related haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So after increasing the fuel pressure back to the previous setting of 43psi it instantly stopped fouling plugs! Pretty sure it's those injector spacers now. Going to get the manifold modified to try and have the injectors able to sit there without spacers. Probably also explains the very inconsistent afrs I've had between when the engine is just "warm" and when it is properly heat soaked. The afrs change massively from one condition to the other. If I am having fuel condensing on the walls of the spacers then that dynamic will surely change as the manifold gets heat soaked and the fuel gets hot etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably not the place to ask but does anyone have a link to spare correct pins for the plug on the haltech plugs? And what crimper I should be using?

Just looking to clean up my harness
    Last edited by Skippy; 13-07-17 at 08:45 PM.

http://broadtune.com.au/ecu-pins-and...-part-numbers/

My website has an increasing list of plugs and pins.

Ebay sell JST crimps and they are around about $80 for a OK set. This thread a few pages back has a post from me with some pictures of mine.
    Jason Broadhurst

Thanks Jason that helps heaps.
    Any thoughts on decent small crimps to lengthen wires that you can heatshrink over?

They are called open open butt splice's

Various exist, I use plenty in my day to day. It's how OEM's join cable.
    Jason Broadhurst

Jason Broadhurst

So who is going to make the big list of ECU compares? i'm thinking about changing the SM4/500r combo for something else.
    CISCOKIDS
    The Gentlemen's Club
    Midnight Rocker

Ask who your selected tuner prefers, and tell them the features you want/need.

SM4 is about 40 years old, so it's pretty low on most peoples lists now days.
    Jason Broadhurst

Ask who your selected tuner prefers, and tell them the features you want/need.

SM4 is about 40 years old, so it's pretty low on most peoples lists now days.
    Dam, not bad for a 40 year old ECU that can do fly by wire. must of been ahead of its game.... :P the only issue is inputs/outputs really it does everything else with no issues my tuner is autronic guru. so i would find a new turner but knowing me i will just stay with the sm4 and just deal with not having all the input/outputs
    CISCOKIDS
    The Gentlemen's Club
    Midnight Rocker

Jason, what's the jewest way to trigger a 7th injector on a v6? Hobbs switch and pulse from existing injectors?
    caprice nugget.

Got a spare digital output?

What ecu?

Quote Originally Posted by E-Z View Post
    Jason, what's the jewest way to trigger a 7th injector on a v6? Hobbs switch and pulse from existing injectors?
    assuming you don't have an aftermarket ecu, then IMO the options are in order of tune-ability:
    1. very cheap second hand aftermarket ecu and use that for the extra injector / errything
    2. duty cycle switching with this: http://www.autospeed.com/cms/A_2471/article.html
    3. on/off switching with a pressure switch (if boosted) or this: http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article...witch&A=113008 (e.g. monitoring TPS)

Quote Originally Posted by crack View Post
    assuming you don't have an aftermarket ecu, then IMO the options are in order of tune-ability:
    1. very cheap second hand aftermarket ecu and use that for the extra injector / errything
    2. duty cycle switching with this: http://www.autospeed.com/cms/A_2471/article.html
    3. on/off switching with a pressure switch (if boosted) or this: http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article...witch&A=113008 (e.g. monitoring TPS)
    yes jerry rigging a stock h25a for beach woosh rooster tails
    thankyou. piggyness doesnt matter as long as its somewhat durable.
    caprice nugget.

Boost switch, pressurised tank and air atomiser pre-turbo? Can mix your choice of alcohol(s) and water for power and temp control?

Off the shelf complete kits for $400 iirc.
    Last edited by Slides; 20-07-17 at 11:58 AM.

I assume it's because of turbo and no ECU?

Adjustable FPR will do most of what you want, plus -5/10 degrees base timing. It's rough but works just fine.
    Jason Broadhurst