Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: ECU Tunes and Installs

ID750s ^

Quote Originally Posted by burn is weird View Post
    yea I've got 1650s that are actually about 1480cc at 3 bar.

on e85 they are up in the linear repeatable zone and run perfect, on 98 even with a short pulse width adder table to deal with non-linearity set up, there is still an element of non-repeatability pulse to pulse that cannot be corrected for, so you just have to run a little bit richer lambda target to get them to stay open a little longer or deal with the occasional stumble at idle. the threshold is about 0.7ms effective pulse width for repeatable shots, and about 1.2ms for linearity.

the long nose 970cc bosch's with the multi-hole diffuser perform much better if you can get away with that amount of fuel.

I believe the red-band High-Z siemens dekas are even better behaved, unfortunately there is a gaping hole between 875cc and 2433cc in their range that would be very well received if they were to do one.
    Yes that is precisely what I have found, with the same behaviour at the same DC thresholds you have mentioned. Unfortunately I can't go to 1000s as I am making over 300kw on a 4 cylinder with e85, with plans for potentially more down the track, so they wouldn't have the headroom
    Last edited by trdee; 19-06-19 at 04:35 PM.
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - project #1 | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - project #2 | 1994 UZZ31 Soarer 1UZ-FZE - Cruise missile

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Kowalski talking like a crazed hobo View Post
    The major arrests will start from 1st January 2019.

I'm not a real engineer taijohnsen's Avatar
    I find this conversation relevant...

Literally just talking to burns and Jason about this the other day and went with the bosch 980-1150cc injectors from Goleby's EOFY sale which are the same p/n as burns mentioned (0 280 158 040)

Purist, whats that? Jason Broadhurst's Avatar
    Those Jason and burns lads are alright
    Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Quote Originally Posted by taijohnsen View Post
    I find this conversation relevant...

Literally just talking to burns and Jason about this the other day and went with the bosch 980-1150cc injectors from Goleby's EOFY sale which are the same p/n as burns mentioned (0 280 158 040)
    Interesting, i just happened upon those earlier today. Did you go with the flow tested or non flow tested?
    Chris
    ------
    The new nugget
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

I'm not a real engineer taijohnsen's Avatar
    I asked for them to be flow matched, however their flow machine is currently U/S

The have assured me that the injectors are colour dot matched though. Still thinking of flow testing them and arranging from min to max as cyl 6 usually runs leaner.

Quote Originally Posted by taijohnsen View Post
    I asked for them to be flow matched, however their flow machine is currently U/S

The have assured me that the injectors are colour dot matched though. Still thinking of flow testing them and arranging from min to max as cyl 6 usually runs leaner.
    Ah cool, i might just order a set non-flow matched then.

Edit: ordered. Wonder if i should build my dodgy flowbench again.
    Last edited by takai; 25-06-19 at 11:42 AM.
    Chris
    ------
    The new nugget
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Jim's Mercede Benz V8 conversion needs a loom. Time to grab the scotch decanter and a royal doulton and hit the cabin!

The factory loom is actually in good condition. 90's German plastic doesn't seem to get as brittle as 90's Japanese plastic it seems. Nevertheless, all new plugs were procured and I set about the task of laying out the OEM harness.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190623_134044.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	4.02 MB 
ID:	112434

Once everything was identified, I was able to lay over the Haltech universal harness and rough out routes, lengths and additional equipment.

Name:	IMG_20190623_141103.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	4.33 MB 
ID:	112435

I've laid out most of the equipment and will get started distributing 12 VDC, 5 VDC and 0 VDC.

Name:	IMG_20190623_144825.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	3.58 MB 
ID:	112436
    Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

F, there's some ocd in that cabin . Interesting though Jason

that's a nice way of laying out a loom, better than my engine building bench haha
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - project #1 | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - project #2 | 1994 UZZ31 Soarer 1UZ-FZE - Cruise missile

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Kowalski talking like a crazed hobo View Post
    The major arrests will start from 1st January 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by trdee View Post
    that's a nice way of laying out a loom, better than my engine building bench haha
    And I can use it for shelves afterwards
    Jason Broadhurst

That's the way to work it properly! Looking great!
    Quote Originally Posted by thebluerx7 View Post
    The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .