Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1039

Thread: Yet another PF kent buys a fancy Vee Dub

Take the bonnet stripes off but leave the roof.
    2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)

Quote Originally Posted by Monza View Post
    I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Stripes or no stripes sell it to me please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Gents,

PF has spoken. Hairdryer came out and stripes came off. I think the cleaner look is the way forward. Got out to the rally sprint. Not sure what was going on but was just an off night. Maybe a bit of fatigue from long work days, not sleeping, boozing too much. Fuck nose. The excuse book list is long. Thankfully didn't bin it and got to the end of the event 10th outright. This round is the same circuit but run in reverse. Be interesting to see how I go at the next round when it switches back again as my gut feel is the other direction suits my car better. Has a bit more flow and can carry speed onto straights as opposed to point and shoot onto long straights that suits the big grip big power cars more.

A mate rolled down in his 964 3.6 Turbo. Picked it up in the UK in the late 90's when he was working over there. Had the good sense not to sell it. Such a cool thing. Potato pic below.

Pic from round 1

And some incar. Was fluffing gear changes. Found the spring preload screw that centres the shifter had backed out...well thats my excuse anyway...

Last edited by darkside; 07-12-18 at 10:55 AM.

Glad you took the stripes off. Not because I hate them, just that I didn't see any stripes on it last night and it was doing my head in reading about stripes on this thing just now...didn't think I was that unobservant! Like the rear wing treatment though, not so much the truncated bonnet stripes.
    Yeah, you were having fun with 3rd gear a bit that I could hear. So frustrating that kind of thing...
    Some days I find I'm just not on it. Other days I can let the car go as hard as it can...no idea why! Maybe you had an off day, but no big deal. You don't forget how to drive!
    Was a top night, nice and cold and heaps of action. Troy set the tone for the madness by going off and eating fence about 15 seconds into the nights first run. Its all getting a bit scary serious/quick at the top for mine...

What happened with you and the chicane after the snake pit? Was it knocked about a bit and you straight lined it or? Couple others got pinged for that too I think.

Next time I'll have a car rady to enter.... Just like I said last time!
    Last edited by 200MPH; 07-12-18 at 11:39 PM.

Stripes no good

Thanks gents,

I think we are all aligned on the stripes. And yeah Julian, you aren't losing your mind, I just didn't waste any time getting them off. So the chicane. Funny you mention that. may have run out of talent. May have been caught on camera. Fluffed a gear change leading on to the straight. "I know, I will make time up by going really deep into the chicane. " Suboptimal strategy. So its about a month til the next round, so pulling the race seat out and dropping the Bride back in for some summer cruising.

Ha, gold quality chicane snot shot right there! Laughing away hard in my dodgy desert donga right now. So thanks for that! I avoided doing the same thing there on a banzai braking effort a few years back...but missing that bollard cost me a brand new front Kumho that turned into a 50c bin job. Wish I took the 5 sec penalty instead.

See you next round...

Day made.

Also see Scotty came down to the sprint - tell him I said hi when you see him next!
    #teamtremolo
    Quote Originally Posted by brasher
    TJ is 99% African American.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    And i'd still fuck Betty....

Happy 2019 cunce,

good spotto TJ. If I had known I could have tried to do a really shit skid. Its about all I am capable of.

So finished the year out cruising . Dropped into the local hipster bar. Smashed a couple of 8+% XIPA's, felt inspired and took a pic. Some cool laneway art in the area. Also ran into Julian on the way to coffee and cars in the tunnel. Noise of his thing on full accel with a bang and flames on lift off was an eargasm.

2019 we are back onto the rallysprints. Julian got the lotus out for a run as well. Had a much better round than the last one. I think the level of fatigue I was suffering at the last round definitely hurt. Felt much fresher and "on it" for this one. Didn't hit my fastest times but was more consistent and wasn't crashing into chicanes. So will have to see what else 2019 brings, but keen to get some consistent seat time and keep developing the handling of the car. Made a minor change for last night. A touch more low speed bump in the rear as it was unweighting the front mid corner when I tried to pick up the gas and it would run wide. Seemed to improve it a touch.

Booze inspired pic.

Some incar from round 3.

Last edited by darkside; 11-01-19 at 12:26 PM.

Nice work as usual! Coming in hot!
    If in doubt, flat out!

Quote Originally Posted by toyabusa View Post
    Nice work as usual! Coming in hot!
    Hot indeed... Nice dancing on way into first chicane! Great consistency like you said - 2:21 every run is massive effort.

Top night it was. Now, I'm off to find meself three seconds somewhere, somehow...

Oh, and onto the serious summer cruising matters - more tunnel runs please! 6 trumpets howling somewhere behind me back in the tunnel was too good.
    Last edited by 200MPH; 11-01-19 at 03:46 PM.

What a way to spend an evening.

Sounds hot AF.

Love everything youíve done with this. Shifter looks amazing. What track are you on while dicing with the Evo?

^^ Cheers for that,

The shift was the last thing that was a clear reminder of its 1970ís heritage. I think itís about as good as I can get it and while itís not quite modern synchro good, given that type of fix is circa 20k, itís not worth spending that kind of money on.

The track is the Collie Motorplex about 2 hours south of Perth. The track I am driving is the short track. They have built an extension but are still waiting on certification. Am off to a working bee this weekend to build more of the Tyre bundles required to get it certified. It was supposed to be opened early last year. Clearly they underestimated the size of the job to build the Tyre bundles. . Should be epic once opened. Is about the only new circuit thing to happen in WA in 20 years. Aerial view on google maps has picked up the extension.

Collie Motorplex
    643 Powerhouse Rd, Collie Burn WA 6225, Australia
    +61 428 826 613
    https://goo.gl/maps/5e8HtTZyMbQ2

Quote Originally Posted by darkside View Post
    ^^ Cheers for that,

The shift was the last thing that was a clear reminder of its 1970ís heritage. I think itís about as good as I can get it and while itís not quite modern synchro good, given that type of fix is circa 20k, itís not worth spending that kind of money on.

The track is the Collie Motorplex about 2 hours south of Perth. The track I am driving is the short track. They have built an extension but are still waiting on certification. Am off to a working bee this weekend to build more of the Tyre bundles required to get it certified. It was supposed to be opened early last year. Clearly they underestimated the size of the job to build the Tyre bundles. . Should be epic once opened. Is about the only new circuit thing to happen in WA in 20 years. Aerial view on google maps has picked up the extension.

Collie Motorplex
    643 Powerhouse Rd, Collie Burn WA 6225, Australia
    +61 428 826 613
    https://goo.gl/maps/5e8HtTZyMbQ2
    Re: the shifter, looks smooth in the videos and just by looking at it you can tell it would feel pretty solid (or maybe i'm completely wrong and guessing haha). Porsche were still pretty shit at engineering shifters right up until about 2010. The shifter in mine was a piece of junk.

The track layout looks like an awesome little circuit. Are there plans to plant some grass there at some stage? The setting reminds me of some of the small japanese tracks that used to feature in the Best Motoring videos.

Grass? In Collie?

pfft, no chance. no water, gravel will do.

Looking good mate
    This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless.

Geez this jigger has come a long way since I first saw it in the flesh.

Exemplary my friend, as per your standard effort.

Great cars arenít uncommon. Owners with the talent to tune and steer them to the limit is rare. Keep it up mate.

Yeah Spiller,

as per Monza, its always been gravel run off down there. I don't see it changing any time soon sadly. You definitely don't want to run off onto it at high speed. Almost feels like you accelerate and the tyre barriers (original ones are mining dump truck tyres filled with dirt) come up quick and have been known to destroy cars. Its a great little track. You are pretty busy all the time. The extension will prob suit big HP cars more, but should still offer some new challenges.

Cheers Marlin. The car that was passed off to the Missus as "all the work has been done. Wont have to do anything to it" has kind of grown arms and legs.....its a disease. She asked me how much of the original car was still on it..... *awkward silence. lol. But to be fair, its a way better thing now than it was and has been a fun journey progressing it in stages and seeing the improvement.

Just had this drive past me in Osborne Park, looks awesome.

I reckon I'm going to have enough HP to run straight through the S Bend and just keep going into town

I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Quote Originally Posted by Nugs View Post
    Just had this drive past me in Osborne Park, looks awesome.
    Good spotto. Had to drop some tiles back and pick up more grout. Didnít require proper work car that can carry shit so porka got a run. Itís still a pretty decent road car. Also dropped into BCF to grab a new esky for beers after the rally sprints. The soft bag one leaked water in the car. Grabbed a nice retro Coleman made of metal on sale. Much better than the flimsy willow plastic offerings. Have entered the feb 7th round so will give it a run then. Already looking forward to end of night icy cold frothies

Rusty, did run the car around the extension of Collie at pedestrian pace after going down and building Tyre bundles at the working bee on the weekend. Will upload and post link. Extension should be a hoot. Although wide angle camera softens the radius of the corners. They are tighter than they look.

Have been doing some minor tidying up of the car. The centre rear light was cracked and faded. Managed to find a guy on scumtree selling a new set of tail lights new in box for sensible money. Especially considering the tanking Aussie peso. Also minor other tweaks like fixing some panel gaps, repairing door check straps etc. With the resurfacing of Barbagallo and the Collie extension, might be time to fitnsome new r comps and have a good lash at some lap times.

Yea cool. Chuck the vid up. Iíve only seen Brockas doing fat arm slow lap with rap music.

On the subject of Barbys is the new surface awesome sauce?

Will get it up shortly.

Re Barbs, the new surface should be awesome. Wonít open until first week of March for their 50th anniversary.

So here is some incar of the track extension. The wide angle lens does seem to "straighten" some of the corners. But ti should add some new challenges and excitement to the circuit. I think the point at which you leave the old track onto the new section will be exciting. You are carrying heaps of speed. And the top section at the end of the uphill straight through to where you rejoin the circuit will be a good challenge. Will have you arriving at the old flip/flop/chicane at a rate of knots.

Epic thumbnail on the vid! But surely you lost 2.8% braking power hanging the rubber over the side?

Coolness BP, I'm big kevved

Awesome. They werenít generous with the run off! Nothing like some concrete to make you feel like youíre going pretty fast. So who owns/built this thing?

Two words for you: Marginal Electorate.

I was gonna try and cut you off in West Perth today

Spiller,

I am not entirely sure on who exactly owns it. It is run by the Collie Motorsports Group. Its very grass roots community based facility. Its history is the main buildings were mine site vehicle maintenance related. The mine moved further away, so did the maintenance facility. The infrastructure and land was gifted I think. There are also some redundant sealed haul roads nearby used for "hillclimbs" and an 8th mile drag strip. (Some of this was incorporated into the extension) I say "hillclimb" as it had more decline than ascent. As 200MPH said I think there was some politics and maybe royalties for regions $$ involved getting it extended. Cant think of a better way to spend it personally Its a very friendly run facility. You can camp there. (free) Hot showers. BBQ. Makes for a great weekend of motor sport followed by some booze and banter. Hear you on the concrete barrier. I expect we will see pretty early on where people manage to get themselves into trouble. I am hoping that going down and volunteering to build some of the required tyre bundles (54 tyres in each bolted together) might have the motorsport gods shining on me.

Rusty, didn't spot you. Can probably only see as far up as your side steps from where I am sitting.