Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334

Thread: Yet another PF kent buys a fancy Vee Dub

Take the bonnet stripes off but leave the roof.
    2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)

Quote Originally Posted by Monza View Post
    I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Stripes or no stripes sell it to me please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Gents,

PF has spoken. Hairdryer came out and stripes came off. I think the cleaner look is the way forward. Got out to the rally sprint. Not sure what was going on but was just an off night. Maybe a bit of fatigue from long work days, not sleeping, boozing too much. Fuck nose. The excuse book list is long. Thankfully didn't bin it and got to the end of the event 10th outright. This round is the same circuit but run in reverse. Be interesting to see how I go at the next round when it switches back again as my gut feel is the other direction suits my car better. Has a bit more flow and can carry speed onto straights as opposed to point and shoot onto long straights that suits the big grip big power cars more.

A mate rolled down in his 964 3.6 Turbo. Picked it up in the UK in the late 90's when he was working over there. Had the good sense not to sell it. Such a cool thing. Potato pic below.

Pic from round 1

And some incar. Was fluffing gear changes. Found the spring preload screw that centres the shifter had backed out...well thats my excuse anyway...

Last edited by darkside; 07-12-18 at 10:55 AM.

Glad you took the stripes off. Not because I hate them, just that I didn't see any stripes on it last night and it was doing my head in reading about stripes on this thing just now...didn't think I was that unobservant! Like the rear wing treatment though, not so much the truncated bonnet stripes.
    Yeah, you were having fun with 3rd gear a bit that I could hear. So frustrating that kind of thing...
    Some days I find I'm just not on it. Other days I can let the car go as hard as it can...no idea why! Maybe you had an off day, but no big deal. You don't forget how to drive!
    Was a top night, nice and cold and heaps of action. Troy set the tone for the madness by going off and eating fence about 15 seconds into the nights first run. Its all getting a bit scary serious/quick at the top for mine...

What happened with you and the chicane after the snake pit? Was it knocked about a bit and you straight lined it or? Couple others got pinged for that too I think.

Next time I'll have a car rady to enter.... Just like I said last time!
    Last edited by 200MPH; 07-12-18 at 11:39 PM.

Stripes no good

Thanks gents,

I think we are all aligned on the stripes. And yeah Julian, you aren't losing your mind, I just didn't waste any time getting them off. So the chicane. Funny you mention that. may have run out of talent. May have been caught on camera. Fluffed a gear change leading on to the straight. "I know, I will make time up by going really deep into the chicane. " Suboptimal strategy. So its about a month til the next round, so pulling the race seat out and dropping the Bride back in for some summer cruising.

Ha, gold quality chicane snot shot right there! Laughing away hard in my dodgy desert donga right now. So thanks for that! I avoided doing the same thing there on a banzai braking effort a few years back...but missing that bollard cost me a brand new front Kumho that turned into a 50c bin job. Wish I took the 5 sec penalty instead.

See you next round...