Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Yet another PF kent buys a fancy Vee Dub

I'm heading there for the first time on the 19th of July. Looking forward to it!

Hmmm,

being impatient, if the deal goes ahead I will be keen to get it home ASAP. But, there is a general practice session on Friday 10th July. $120 for half a day plus a $20 day permit. Apparently it will be a little busy as there is a race event on that weekend so a few will be looking to use it for practice, but still should be reasonable track time available. Could possibly do an AM session and then get the car to a transport depot in the arvo.....

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    I've been keen to get out for a mid-week myself. Is that a closed event day or can it be entered via QR?
    MX5 club. They take outsiders if they have spare spots.
    The most dangerous risk of all - the risk of spending your life not doing what you want, on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later. - Randy Komisar.

Have looked into the track day. Plan was to fly the red eye thurs night, do the deal AM Friday, afternoon at Lakeside and then drop sat morning at transport depot. Have checked transport though and they only do weekdays. Be a push to get car deal done, hit lakeside and drop the car by 4,30pm in the arvo. So all going well, might just settle grabbing the car Friday 3rd for a quick whip through some decent roads in the area, drop it to the depot and find somewhere for some frothies friday evening and fly out Saturday.

Welcome to stay at my place if you like mate. We might even plan some kind of a PF shoot-the-shit gathering for like minded souls if that floats anyone's boat. Again, welcome to do that at my pad.
    Can probably grab you from the airport depending on workload and you're welcome to use my ute. I can drive the pub-creeper AU to/from work no sweat. Got car trailer too if you need it, might save the hassles of trying to drive two cars.

^^^^ Thanks for all those numerous offers of help mate. Will most definitely be in touch once the final decision is made after the PPI next tuesday.

Assuming you'll be dropping @ Ceva on the south side (Acacia Ridge from memory?), traffic heading north will be murderous during Friday knock off. So completely understood if you decide to camp closer to the city (I'm on the Redcliffe peninsula).

Looks hot mate.

I vote BBS/mesh style

Smoke em if you got em! LINCOLN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    Assuming you'll be dropping @ Ceva on the south side (Acacia Ridge from memory?), traffic heading north will be murderous during Friday knock off. So completely understood if you decide to camp closer to the city (I'm on the Redcliffe peninsula).
    See how it goes mate, but loose plan might be to get the car deal sorted in the AM and do whatever I have to do at Dept of Transport, then have a cheeky frothie and a lunch somewhere nearby you if you have time. Then I might head to CEVA and get the car to the depot. Sounds like significant ballache to get back your way at the end of the day.

Re wheels, I think I am going to do my best to upset the purists and fit something JDM with dish. Have a good contact who can get custom Work wheels, so it might be a mega dish meister.

Last edited by darkside; 26-06-15 at 07:06 PM.

By custom, do you just mean custom width/offset?

I tried to get Work Japan to make up a pair of custom Meister M1's to give 8mm extra brake clearance over "R disk" and they wouldnt do it.. if youre able to get something like that done, please let me know

Good luck with the 5x130 pattern.
    If you find a jdm option let the rest of us know.
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Quote Originally Posted by seedyrom
    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

meister and vs-xx comes in 5x130

Havent done the final ground work but the meister can come in custom offset and stud pattern. Probably go the S1 3 piece. I reckon you will be stuck with their off the peg choices of centre disk and then just tweak the barrels to get required offset. Will just need to confirm we can get a centre disk to suit big brake clearance. Link below to a PDF of fitment info.

http://www.workwheelsusa.com/media/w...IZING_1214.pdf

EDIT: After having a closer read of that PDF it seems they only go up to 120 PCD in the work wheel. Apparently the Rauh Welt stuff is a professor SSR SP1. Seems there is a Porsche fitment.

http://www.ssr-wheels.com/wheels/sp1_17181920.asp
    Last edited by darkside; 28-06-15 at 10:27 AM.

I reckon something like these but with appropriate offset (won't have quite the mad dish of the extra wide body Rauh Welt) would do the trick.

The picture i posted of the RWB Porsche is on Meister M1s.. its straight off the Work website

RWBs definitely use Works

Edit:
    Last edited by yohoes; 28-06-15 at 11:27 AM.

^^^^ Good pickup. Thanks for that. Will just need to try to establish caliper clearance. An 18" rim should help as I think 17's accomodate GT3 brakes.

Not sure I work can do it, but forgeline were able to supply sections through the rim to scale I could print out and cut cardboard templates to check fitment. Was a great help.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435476224.714273.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	312.4 KB 
ID:	84638

Edo spec shot, but you know what u need...

i guess making a 993 targa look like shit is the best outcome for it
    Quote Originally Posted by Smidge View Post
    Would bang. Did bang. Marrying that shit.
    SUNTORY BOSS is the boss of them all since 1992!

^^^^ I'm with this guy. That looks like arse

Whats with Porsche dudes being into random stripes , colours and graphics and shit?

I just looked at the Forgeline site (never heard of them) but in the pics they certainly dont look like a $5.2k/set quality wheels?

They are a great quality wheel but are crack pipe money. Mine were 1k each. But for a complete custom wheel there are limited options.

I just saw you at the pub, good to see you're still keeping this thread going strong.

So the PPI went very well. Ted at T and D sounded almost surprised when he advised it had no oil leaks. Engine is strong. Gearbox spot on. Minor blemishes on the body that I expected. Minor electrical issues like blown bulbs etc. But the major stuff is sweet. Commented it ran particularly well for something with RS cams. Has the lopey idle but no stalling issues.

So I fly into Brisso Friday morning to give it a quick once over and handover the cash. Marlin has been an absolute champ sorting out some bits and pieces at that end.

Am a little bit excited to say the least.

It shouldn't be stalling with RS cams lol. Unless owner didn't update anything else. Shouldn't be a surprise!
    Good to hear everything else went well.. How long is it hanging around before you ship it off?
    Last edited by clutch-monkey; 30-06-15 at 05:56 PM.

^^ Good to know re cams. Was sure I had read something somewhere that cams without the right ECU tweak can be a bit troublesome. Lots to learn...

Plan to run it straight to CEVA that afternoon as I fly out Saturday.

Yeah stock ecu can stall them if the flywheel is lightened, but even then.. Mine didn't stall until after I got a lighter clutch as well. Was a $100 fix on the ecu

This is most pleasing in my unterhose region.

hope it goes through mate... living vicariously through you. you must post phone spec pics of the journey to pick up!

Chairbourn ranger! Mike Lowrrryyy's Avatar
    And den??
    Quote Originally Posted by turbosurfer View Post
    Go fuck yourself cunts you to fatboy you cunts wanna bring up wifes as usual im just defending myself.
    Then you all get all teary gang up and attack like a bunch of lebbos that see an open oppertunity pretty
    much a bunch of gutless cunts that think like sheep. And if he is a ugly cunt and has a looker than he must have
    lots of $$$$ which speaks for itself. So as I said well and truly get fucked cunts.