Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Yet another PF kent buys a fancy Vee Dub

He just left here. Car looks and sounds the goods!
    He declined my offer of a beverage over lunch and has instead headed to Glorious - he's a man after my own heart he is
    Last edited by Marlin; 03-07-15 at 12:23 PM.

Chairbourn ranger! Mike Lowrrryyy's Avatar
    Well played.
    Quote Originally Posted by turbosurfer View Post
    Go fuck yourself cunts you to fatboy you cunts wanna bring up wifes as usual im just defending myself.
    Then you all get all teary gang up and attack like a bunch of lebbos that see an open oppertunity pretty
    much a bunch of gutless cunts that think like sheep. And if he is a ugly cunt and has a looker than he must have
    lots of $$$$ which speaks for itself. So as I said well and truly get fucked cunts.

Just by chance soon after Darkside showing up my friend Wayne arrived with his modular-powered DRB Cobra. Impromptu car gathering, and what a ripper day for it too. Can't blame BP for choofing off to enjoy that DakDak in the mountains one bit

And just like that, he was off!

Last edited by Marlin; 03-07-15 at 12:36 PM.

Thanks for all your help Marlin. Greatly appreciated. You weren't wrong when you said you worked "just up the road" from the dept of transport. Like 200m away on the same road?? Lol. Sadly phone (google maps) was running out of juice so had to call off the glorious run. No usb charger in it currently. Add that to the list. Didn't want to risk getting lost and missing my cutoff at the depot. Made up for it by driving like a twat around all your on and off ramps and roundabouts. It's a good thing.

First impressions. Big gobs of torque and linear power. Nowhere near as killdeathy with the rear as I expected. Very civilised to drive regardless of the fact it's full of rose jointed suspension. Could easily drive it every other day. Epic engine note. (Fab speed exhaust) gets a particular sweet note as it comes on in the midrange. So far very impressed.

Just uploading a vid of a quick strap now
    Last edited by darkside; 03-07-15 at 12:52 PM.

It looked to have plenty of schtick as it left mate. And of course, a pleasure to be able to help. THANKS for the couple of cartons of top quality booze too mate!
    I would have given you a USB/ciggy lighter thing if I'd known....

^^^ yeah hadn't even crossed my mind. Was well on my way there and noticed I was under 20%. Maps hammers it I think. Only just found my way to CEVA. Could have got there the old fashioned way but couldn't really afford not to get there in time. Ah well. Was still an epic sunny day for a quick whip.

Time for a city based PF-er to step up and show you a stool at a bar I'd reckon.

Quick vid just prior to dropping it off. Tacho needle needs some work. Pulls quite well and felt quite neutral through sweepers with very controllable throttle over steer. Not bonkers RX7 fast but still heaps of fun.

Last edited by darkside; 03-07-15 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    Time for a city based PF-er to step up and show you a stool at a bar I'd reckon.
    Would be ace woo but after my red eye raping last night and everything going smoothly today I have pulled my flight forward and am going to make qantas club pay

Awesome. Have a great flight bud. Good to see you, albeit briefly!

Hopefully next time it's at a targa bar

Nice! have the fab speed as well, I think a lot of 3.6 conversions done through t&d had similar setups

Looks and sounds great - looks like you weren't far from me either - pity I could have popped out
    'Lifes pretty straight without twisties'

^^^ yeah would have been good to organise something. Just had no idea how today was going to go with road worthy and vehicle transfer etc. went better than expected. Did a red eye last night as well and seems I had the only seat on the plane (full flight so no option to relocate) that didn't recline. So zero sleep for me. Am a bit shattered to be honest so would have been a shit drinking partner

Quote Originally Posted by yohoes View Post
    Whats with Porsche dudes being into random stripes , colours and graphics and shit?

I just looked at the Forgeline site (never heard of them) but in the pics they certainly dont look like a $5.2k/set quality wheels?
    The white one is in Martini Racing colours.
    Forgline are available through Harrop, that should explain something about price & quality.

Chairbourn ranger! Mike Lowrrryyy's Avatar
    Hows the credit card from you airport wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by turbosurfer View Post
    Go fuck yourself cunts you to fatboy you cunts wanna bring up wifes as usual im just defending myself.
    Then you all get all teary gang up and attack like a bunch of lebbos that see an open oppertunity pretty
    much a bunch of gutless cunts that think like sheep. And if he is a ugly cunt and has a looker than he must have
    lots of $$$$ which speaks for itself. So as I said well and truly get fucked cunts.

^^^ it's a bit hammered . Free booze and time on your hands isn't a good combo. On your advice a WEVO shifter is on its way. Hopefully gear selection will go from stirring custard to slicing sushi.

man that looks the goods! Love it.
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Quote Originally Posted by seedyrom
    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Good stuff.

Cheers fellas. At this stage it falls into good from far but far from good category. Paint is a little rough, but this was expected. First job will be to give it a little tidy up and then hit the high impact areas with clear protective film.

Now to Chips. Chatting to the old owner he tells me it has the factory stock ecu in it. With the fabspeed exhaust and cup cams there should be the ability to liberate a little more power and drive ability. I hear a bit about 911chips (Steve Wong). Any experience here ? Will I get besanko'd. ??

Any other tuning options shy of replacing ecu?
    Last edited by darkside; 05-07-15 at 10:06 AM.

talk to clutch-monkey about lightweight flywheels and steve wong chips

worked out how to check your oil level yet? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Smidge View Post
    Would bang. Did bang. Marrying that shit.
    SUNTORY BOSS is the boss of them all since 1992!

Quote Originally Posted by darkside View Post
    Cheers fellas. At this stage it falls into good from far but far from good category. Paint is a little rough, but this was expected. First job will be to give it a little tidy up and then hit the high impact areas with clear protective film.

Now to Chips. Chatting to the old owner he tells me it has the factory stock ecu in it. With the fabspeed exhaust and cup cams there should be the ability to liberate a little more power and drive ability. I hear a bit about 911chips (Steve Wong). Any experience here ? Will I get besanko'd. ??

Any other tuning options shy of replacing ecu?
    i've had steve wong chip in my 3.6/RS cam/lw flywheel, for 9 years no problems. CNJ in bris does a piggyback ecu (unichip? or something?) that's probably a bit better for $1400 installed and tuned, i'm sure any decent tuner could do the same.
    i'd go that way, if i wasn't saving for ITB's and different ECU.
    Last edited by clutch-monkey; 05-07-15 at 10:45 AM.

^^^ cheers gents. A custom tuned option would always be my preference over a mailed in tune. But good to hear the Steve Wong stuff works first hand. So much rhetoric on renspeed forum. Might need to consider any other tweaks to the current setup I would consider and sort them and do the one tune. Internally and exhaust is all sorted. I guess it's just the intake side.

EDIT..

So I had a look at ITB's. Fuck.... I can see why you are saving.

So I assume these engines like most others have a sweet spot where you get good bang for buck gains they stay reliable and then get on a slippery slope of massive diminishing returns and possible reliability issues. Not planning on anything internal. Seems exhaust is sorted. Anything sensible to look at on the intake side ?

Current engine bay looks like this...

Last edited by darkside; 05-07-15 at 03:17 PM.

you could fit a cup intake (where they cut holes in the airbox basically) but i think it gives a nicer sound rather than more power

oh, i forgot the fun you'll have with twin plugs in a 3.6!

intake manifold* itself and airbox are good for power, aftermarket ecu/tune + delete that big afm thingo is the bang for buck intake and tune mods basically.

*you can mount the manifold on top of a set of jenvey itb's. it's not a restriction

Quote Originally Posted by agentcrm View Post
    The white one is in Martini Racing colours.
    Forgline are available through Harrop, that should explain something about price & quality.
    I guess it does.. since Harrop are the kings of charging the absolute fuck out people cos they chucked their badge on a product (usually something out of the Eaton catalogue)

Yea i still reckon stickers and random colours look considerably worse when you think how good it would look all 1 colour.. bit like that Magnuson redneck from the States making a bunch of Porsches look bunky and apparently its awesome?
    Last edited by yohoes; 06-07-15 at 01:58 PM.

Have emailed Steve Wong to see if he has any live tuning options other than a full replacement ECU. He seems to offer some kind of live tuning on his site. Really want to avoid going down the replacement ecu path if i can. Apparently he did a chip that ran a Bosch HFM5 MAF, so that may be an option. If this comes together I am hoping to make up a pretty simple custom intake off the existing elbow with the Bosch MAF in it and I guess a pod filter on the end and have him sort the chip side of things or possibly come up with a local live tuning alternative. Definitely my preference to live tune than have a one size fits most tune, although that said, SW chips do come with the option specify your mods and then to run it up on the dyno and provide him an AFR plot and he will retweak the chip.

Open to any input on this. Don't want to go overboard on it, just want to optimise what I have.

And fuck rennlist. Does that LorenFB guy shit in every thread??

especially this one, but it's okay Steve set him straight LOL.
    http://rennlist.com/forums/911-forum...l#post11999877

I think you're better off on Pelican or PFA.

^^^ LOL. Good to see him get set straight. And the UK guys troll with the WGBE L90 chip (weapons grade bell end) was epic.

In other news, tracking says the car has left brissy and arrives in Melbourne tomorrow. Then I guess onto rail to Perth. Hopefully its get turned around quickly in Melbourne.

So I had a look at ITB's. Fuck.... I can see why you are saving.
    yeah the rothsport setup is like.. 11k? or some shit? fuckthat.jpeg
    i'm just gonna stick a 964 manifold on top of the jenveys and call it a day, makes plenty of power through it.
    like this one

Have emailed Steve Wong to see if he has any live tuning options other than a full replacement ECU. He seems to offer some kind of live tuning on his site. Really want to avoid going down the replacement ecu path if i can. Apparently he did a chip that ran a Bosch HFM5 MAF, so that may be an option. If this comes together I am hoping to make up a pretty simple custom intake off the existing elbow with the Bosch MAF in it and I guess a pod filter on the end and have him sort the chip side of things or possibly come up with a local live tuning alternative. Definitely my preference to live tune than have a one size fits most tune, although that said, SW chips do come with the option specify your mods and then to run it up on the dyno and provide him an AFR plot and he will retweak the chip.

Open to any input on this. Don't want to go overboard on it, just want to optimise what I have.

And fuck rennlist. Does that LorenFB guy shit in every thread??
    ring up BPS or CNJ in bris and see what they do, they do a custome tune on some piggyback ecu/chip thing. goes great by all accounts. could have done it before you left any half competent local shop should be able to do it though.
    i have the wong chip for exhaust/lwf/98 octane goes ok. definitely safe at least (9 years with track work and no explodey yet). but i don't know how much of an improvement it makes as it's always had the chip
    Last edited by clutch-monkey; 06-07-15 at 06:18 PM.