Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: School me on nutserts/rivnuts

I used 6 x M8 alloy inserts for my old fuel system using the Trade Tools cheapy rivnut gun.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SDC12798.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	678.2 KB 
ID:	85061   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SDC12797.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	673.9 KB 
ID:	85062   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SDC12796.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	733.7 KB 
ID:	85063  
    Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Sports Sedan

trade tools rivet gun is pretty good for the price too. Anything under M6 it works well for. Honestly, if you guys are using anything larger and/or using stainless nutserts, really should either look at one of the air operated guns or at the least the one that can run in the end of a drill. Air ones will laugh at m10 stainless ones all day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buford T. Justice
    This happens every time one of these floozies starts poontangin' around with those show folk fags.

Thread bump!

Hows everyones rivnut guns going? Going to need one for a few little jobs soonish. Would like to be able to do M8 steel nuts if possible, and be able to get into tightish spot would be a bonus.
    Trade tools air guns still the go?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdyno
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripper
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

I got the Dafra ratcheting one, it goes up to M10 though I haven't tried it past M8 yet.

https://dafra.com.au/product/drt512nm/

I have this one, only have alloy nutserts for it so far but it seems good. My little 12v drill can just insert an alloy 10mm nutsert.

http://www.gasweld.com.au/nutsert-at...drivers-511617

Quote Originally Posted by neil_se View Post
    I got the Dafra ratcheting one, it goes up to M10 though I haven't tried it past M8 yet.

https://dafra.com.au/product/drt512nm/

Holy fuck that looks nice as. Hows it work? Hold one handle and ratchet the other until tension on upper handle says your done? One for the cordless ratchet looks interesting as well.

Mines a cheapy but does ok, none of them have come loose yet, for eg im using 4x M8 inserts to hold the battery tray down in the Gemini. Done around 15k so far and battery is still where its supposed to be.

Got one at work bloody brilliant tool

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1064-Piec...QAAOSwKtVWw9cB

I have this one. Works well enough and haven't had one fail yet.

Quote Originally Posted by F3ARED View Post
    Holy fuck that looks nice as. Hows it work? Hold one handle and ratchet the other until tension on upper handle says your done? One for the cordless ratchet looks interesting as well.
    Yeh just hold one handle still and ratchet the other. You can feel the resistance increase when it's done.

Thread bump

I want to get some rivnuts on fibreglass, to attach some stainless sheeting to it. Last time I tried this the fibre glass crumbled, so I used jacknuts. While jacknuts are ok you can torque up the fastener as much with a rivnut.

So what the best approach? maybe put a washer on the other side to give the rivnut something to grab on and spread the force over?

longest nuts you can find with a knurled shank + epoxy. Even with a washer they tend to turn in the fibreglass, especially as soon as someone overtightens one (then you're well fucked because you can't remove it, you have to drill it all out).
    Quote Originally Posted by Buford T. Justice
    This happens every time one of these floozies starts poontangin' around with those show folk fags.

OK, Maybe back to plan B, just use regular locknuts with aluminium back plate (strip) that runs across the width of the sheet. Top, middle and bottom. That should stop the nut lock nuts from digging in from over tightening as well.