Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: New Tesla S has "Ludicrous Speed" mode - 0-100k in 2.8secs

Quote Originally Posted by Forg View Post
    I've never been into the drag-queen thingy, but 10.9s is quite a big difference from 11.6s isn't it?
    Also, when you say stock Falcon V8, you're talking a blown one aren't you? So the "tune" means lots of boost?
    Yeah what I'm getting at is this new one would have a heap more top end then the old one as its significantly quicker over the 1/4

In other news it seems the Audi rs7 will do a 10.6 1/4 @ 130mph tune only on 21" wheels

Faaaark!

PF's #1 soft roader advocate Captiva Fan's Avatar
    RS7 only available with DSG?
    So two 10.6s runs & it's off to VW for a new $20k gearbag?
    Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Hardly. High end DSG bags are proving excellent even in race conditions.

As opposed to two runs in the Tesla and it goes into limp mode?

Two runs in the Tesla and it needs an 8hr recharge to get you home ...
    Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

RS7 only available with DSG?

Nope it's auto not dsg

Quote Originally Posted by MexicanBatman View Post
    Nope it's auto not dsg
    Wat? That seems like an admission of something they don't want to admit.

no mods, leave it stock Jack Nicholson's Avatar
    B̶e̶v̶e̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶H̶i̶l̶l̶s̶,̶ ̶C̶A̶ Baulkham Hills, NSW
    How can anybody be unimpressed by the performance of the Tesla? It's fucking outrageous.
    Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR

Quote Originally Posted by Marv View Post
    Look, just because you drive a couple of imported luxo Pommy cars doesn't mean you need to act like an Imperialistic Lapdog and be the last bastion of defence for Straya The Beaut's mid-20th-Century ideals
    Quote Originally Posted by nutttr View Post
    People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Wat? That seems like an admission of something they don't want to admit.
    The S7 has a dsg, but does not have 700nm and over 400kw like the RS7

Registered User bigshipengine.jpg's Avatar
    Yeah the RS7 has the ZF 8 speed.
    It Places the lotion in the basket!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Nicholson View Post
    How can anybody be unimpressed by the performance of the Tesla? It's fucking outrageous.
    This. How good is it going to be when hot rodders get hold of electric cars and start tuning them for more power, longer range, bigger electric motors etc. The future is going to be insanely fast electric cars that do silent burnouts (what will the cops do????) and leave most ic engines in their wake. I look forward to it but the sound of a tough ic engine will be sorely missed even if they pipe the sound into the cabin it just won't be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by richzx View Post
    This. How good is it going to be when hot rodders get hold of electric cars and start tuning them for more power, longer range, bigger electric motors etc. The future is going to be insanely fast electric cars that do silent burnouts (what will the cops do????) and leave most ic engines in their wake. I look forward to it but the sound of a tough ic engine will be sorely missed even if they pipe the sound into the cabin it just won't be the same.
    The first step would be someone cramming the guts of a crashed Tesla into an old Vette or something. Get the weight down half a ton and it'll haul serious arse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Japanese Nostalgic Car - Dedicated to classic japanese cars

The Ludicrous option is AUD $13,500, BUT what hasn't been mentioned anywhere is that it requires the 90kWh battery pack upgrade which is AUD$4100 which gives a claimed 6% range increase.

Registered User bigshipengine.jpg's Avatar
    It Places the lotion in the basket!

Those sideburns are ludicrous
    Japanese Nostalgic Car - Dedicated to classic japanese cars

Attachment 85043

Here is a size comparison. They are not small but any means.

Quote Originally Posted by irsa76 View Post
    The Ludicrous option is AUD $13,500, BUT what hasn't been mentioned anywhere is that it requires the 90kWh battery pack upgrade which is AUD$4100 which gives a claimed 6% range increase.

just biscuit money for that ballistic hypercar performance,
    faggot teens today buy 500 dollar jeans and zombie phones
    from their bloated donors loose change.

some speakers on the outside as well and watch the puzzled looks
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mtzsC12D9Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLs8YcWMIx4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz9HWHjUcyc

By the time you at LCT & NSW stamp duty on top, it adds around $24k to the price. Apparently they will add the extra speed (not capacity) to existing p85d owners down the track. You can avoid the LCT & stamp duty by going that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Babalouie View Post
    The first step would be someone cramming the guts of a crashed Tesla into an old Vette or something. Get the weight down half a ton and it'll haul serious arse
    The batteries & motors would weigh more than the Vette powertrain & fuel-tank wouldn't it?

Hey ... segueing to an interesting thought ... an electric race car wouldn't change weight as it used fuel would it?

Meh
    Hey ... segueing to an interesting thought ... an electric race car wouldn't change weight as it used fuel would it?
    Very slightly, but barely enough to measure with really accurate scales let alone worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Babalouie View Post
    The P85 battery pack weighs 600kg and has dimensions of measuring 8 feet (2,450 mm) in length, about 5 feet (2,440 mm) in width and four inches (102 mm) in thickness

Where are you going to stick all that plus the electric motor and associated electricals?

Quote Originally Posted by rj_astra View Post
    The P85 battery pack weighs 600kg and has dimensions of measuring 8 feet (2,450 mm) in length, about 5 feet (2,440 mm) in width and four inches (102 mm) in thickness

Where are you going to stick all that plus the electric motor and associated electricals?
    There in lies the challenge.

The batteries & motors would weigh more than the Vette powertrain & fuel-tank wouldn't it?

The problem is getting all the electrons to the motor at a high rate for a long time. Teslas will eventually go into limp mode when thrashed for a continuous amount of time (ie race track)

Quote Originally Posted by SPDRCR View Post
    By the time you at LCT & NSW stamp duty on top, it adds around $24k to the price. Apparently they will add the extra speed (not capacity) to existing p85d owners down the track. You can avoid the LCT & stamp duty by going that way.
    Ludicrous package is a physical upgrade as well, upgraded wiring and fuses among other things.
    As for the pricing, I don't think many people would worry about that considering you're looking at $200k+ anyway, I just priced one ticking everybox got it to AUD$225k.

Auto/no gears, awd, powerband goes to peak torque immediately

Sounds boring as fuck to punt down a drag strip to be honest.. the car doesnt even need you to be in it realistically

I had a P85 for about half a day. Went like stink in a straight line. I ended up getting half the advertised range due to the right foot. The handling wasn't that great.

Eastern Creek
    - 1:53.633
    Wakefield Park - 1:10.34
    WSID - 18.3

Im here for the lulz

Quote Originally Posted by nash View Post
    thanks to Jesus (our LORD and SAVIOUR) that the day of reckoning will soon be at end and these filthy moon worshippers will soon be sent back to the abyss from whence they came. praise be to GOD the almighty

Quote Originally Posted by yohoes View Post

Sounds boring as fuck to punt down a drag strip to be honest.. the car doesnt even need you to be in it realistically
    Tesla's should come with a RC, 1:1 scale RC racing

Ludicrous package is a physical upgrade as well, upgraded wiring and fuses among other things.
    As for the pricing, I don't think many people would worry about that considering you're looking at $200k+ anyway, I just priced one ticking everybox got it to AUD$225k.
    Apart from the (minor) storage upgrade they only change a few things to access the extra power (as you say):
    http://www.teslamotors.com/blog/three-dog-day

Also ACT pays no stamp duty on electric vehicles so add $20k odd to your figure if you live in NSW. If I get one I think I'll be leaving a few options unticked and get them installed later (eg ludicrous mode) if I feel that I really need them.

when they try to bad ICV's, i'm going to mount an EMP into the back of a old carby van and ruin lots of peoples days.

Quote Originally Posted by yohoes View Post

Sounds boring as fuck to punt down a drag strip to be honest.
    Drag strip is about being the fastest; don't see how "interesting" comes into drag racing.

Quote Originally Posted by padey View Post
    I had a P85 for about half a day. Went like stink in a straight line. I ended up getting half the advertised range due to the right foot. The handling wasn't that great.
    Being an IT company rather than knowing anything about suspension etc, that's no surprise.
    Being American it's even less of a surprise.
    Last edited by Captiva Fan; 19-07-15 at 10:43 PM.