Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Suzuki jimny

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    Didnt realise they were still selling the here. Suzi dropped them coz vic ruled all new cars must come with dsc. Must have updated the abs software and quietly brought them back?

They are a cool little car no doubt!
    ah, got to love the consistency of ADR rules being applied.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Purple View Post
    You can certainly still buy them here new - 1090kg/3.7m long and 62.5kW of 1.3L fury. They're $19,990 driveaway.

I considered one a few years ago, I hate 4WDs but these are sort of awesome. I'd recommend driving one before making any decisions!
    I love it how the .5kw is worth mentioning! The power is so low that half a kilowatt makes a contributing difference to the overall power!

Old Goat
    I have a little ZOOK too, done Darwin to Sydney and return, not bad comfort wise, able to cruise quite well. Perfect for two, great for city driving (if no hills, hated the Glenbrook climb from the 'riff). Missus loves the little thing and said we can only replace her with another......Talking to mechanic mates from up this way, they reckon they never give up......until one day when they just pass away in their sleep.
    Best thing was driving on the mudflats at Buffalo creek, having all the jacked up Cruisers/Patrols laughing at our toy........so I ensured I drove past them as they were bogged to the sills, wound my window down and laughed all the way with my stock AT tyres.
    Last edited by BAN01T; 17-08-15 at 04:00 PM.
    You can skydive without a parachute.........but only once

Quote Originally Posted by BAN01T View Post
    I have a little ZOOK too, done Darwin to Sydney and return, not bad comfort wise, able to cruise quite well. Perfect for two, great for city driving (if no hills, hated the Glenbrook climb from the 'riff). Missus loves the little thing and said we can only replace her with another......Talking to mechanic mates from up this way, they reckon they never give up......until one day when they just pass away in their sleep.
    Best thing was driving on the mudflats at Buffalo creek, having all the jacked up Cruisers/Patrols laughing at our toy........so I ensured I drove past them as they were bogged to the sills, wound my window down and laughed all the way with my stock AT tyres.
    One of the best things of owning a zook is driving past the "real men" in their "real 4x4's" in your little "girly tonka toy with your boyfriend".

Having something one shep's Jim posted eairlier that is locked, lifted, geared and running decent rubber would upset a lot of knuckle dragers.

The 2015 model due to the TRC goes a lot further than the earlier models (in stock form), I wouldn't say it replaces lockers but it no longer makes them a necessity. The system does give up reasonably quick to prevent overheating if you just mash the throttle, but if you keep the pedal nice and steady you feel it doing it's thing.
    Last edited by vet 180; 17-08-15 at 11:30 PM.

Malakia Industries
    I had an early G13 powered one. It was a great little basher. Took it on the beach a couple times loaded up with 4 people and as much camping gear as I could fit in the back and it was more than capable. On softer sand it would struggle to keep up with the bigger cars but otherwise really fun.

Registered User bigshipengine.jpg's Avatar
    I deliver new Suzukis at work and yes they stopped coming in for about 6 mths due to no DSC but have been back for awhile now.
    I also have a secret liking for them but as others have said id take one for a decent drive as there certainly different.
    It Places the lotion in the basket!

one of the techs at work bought one, its now referred to as a swift 4wd.

Took this out on the weekend. Found some dunes that pushed it hard even in low range. An extra 60 or so kw's would have been nice, but in general it was awesome, nice and agile and just "fun" to drive.

http://vid1313.photobucket.com/album...psszrbnmkp.mp4
    Last edited by vet 180; 27-09-15 at 10:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Babalouie View Post
    Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Quote Originally Posted by Don Mega View Post
    Fucken bizzarre... wonder why suzuki QLD lists a different tow capacity to Suzuki Aus ?
    Suzuki is imported by 2 different importers, QLD is a different company too the rest of Australia. Iirc at one point there were 4 of 5 different importers.
    To be honest because these things are so small and light I'd be wary about towing anywhere near 1000kg with one.

Quote Originally Posted by vet 180 View Post
    Took this out on the weekend. Found some dunes that pushed it hard even in low range. An extra 60 or so kw's would have been nice, but in general it was awesome, nice and agile and just "fun" to drive.

http://vid1313.photobucket.com/album...psszrbnmkp.mp4
    Cool!
    Take some getting used to the sensation of "fuck I'm going to end-for-end this thing" that must arise?

Quote Originally Posted by Gammaboy View Post
    I think you can still buy them new here - apart form the engine, the running gear is almost 100% compatible with a coil spring sierra from memory.
    Aside from the uni joints, and cvs nothing mechanical is the same as coily Sierra.

Quote Originally Posted by irsa76 View Post
    Suzuki is imported by 2 different importers, QLD is a different company too the rest of Australia. Iirc at one point there were 4 of 5 different importers.
    To be honest because these things are so small and light I'd be wary about towing anywhere near 1000kg with one.
    Yeah, QLD gets (or did when I last looked) different trim specs and colours too. Pre ABS models had 350kg towing capacity unbraked, 450 braked haha.

I had a Jimny, good fun and great on the dunes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Vegana. View Post
    They strike me as a total piece of shit.

So definitely right up my alley.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    Cool!
    Take some getting used to the sensation of "fuck I'm going to end-for-end this thing" that must arise?
    It's all part of the fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    My 2013 jimny is a shitload of fun

That's allllll kinds of awesomesauce
    Quote Originally Posted by thecrackfox
    I wanna put you in a dress and hurt you...

Just drove it from 300km South of Darwin to Adelaide in a easy 2 days. It's a great little car

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    Just drove it from 300km South of Darwin to Adelaide in a easy 2 days. It's a great little car
    NICE!

My wife now wont drive anything else. She loves it. We have already hit the 10,000km mark on it.
    Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

For some reason my wife won't go near mine. i think my previous suzuki put her off touching my cars

Lwb....cool!

Maruti?
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

No, it's a suzuki. SJ51 with SJ70 diffs and a fair bit of other stuff

It used to be my touring car

It's a tough rig i also had a LWB ute. Will try find some old pics of it

Fuck I got sick of working on those cunting things. They always came in really abused, and your eyes, ears and hair would be full of sand and fucking grease dropping off them as you worked on them. Was amazing, cunts thought nothing of spending thousands of dollars putting replacement diffs and transfers when the whole thing was fucked and worth a couple hunjii. A little fucking maintenance would go a long way for most of them - replaced numerous diffs where they'd let the axle seals go and emptied the diff.
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

The winter is coming Time to start exploring some Wadi's! This one was found in the Hajar mountains. Want to explore these mountains more.

Pics from the weekends day trip:

This was a nice swimming hole:

One thin that sucks with the little zuk's is how hard it is to fit bigger tyres, the lack of power and the degree to which that is effected when upsizing tyres. With that in mind I have half decided on 215/80r15's but haven't completely ruled out 235/75r15's

So thought I would test the 215/80's. I do not have them fitted currently, was just a test fit to see how much of the bumper will need to be trimmed. I don't feel I really need mud terrains as I will drive mostly sand and wadi's. Not really a lot of mud out there, and it is my daily that the wife has to drive.

The tyre:

The sidewall was surprisingly flexible, Even more so than the stock bridgestones. It would be great for sand and deformation, but it gets very thin in the middle where the letters are. Not really sure how much puncture resistance it will offer over stock if any.

Next to the car:

Where it rubs below. I think my bumper is already hanging a little lower than stock from all the dune jumps I have done. Might not be so bad once lifted up, but will need to be trimmed.

No issues at the back of the guard with rubbing:

and how they look compared to stock. Front wheel ATM, back stock:

I am a fan of white letters, but looks ok without

Was good to test to see where I will trim. I am not 100% decided yet, but they look alright and will be on the limit for gearing I think. I could always go to a 235/75 as a plan B

When testing these I was pretty much ready to pull the trigger on these, trim the guards and get a lift ready for winter. But thinking I might try get a few more kms on the stock gear first, push the limits a bit more with what is on there offroad and upgrade at around the 30,000km mark because money is a bit tight. I am at 15,000 now. Might change my mind again next week.

So ended up with a cheap Taiwan curved light bar for this pig. I could have got a Cree bar for double the price, and over the distance I am sure it would be double as good, but for now want to cheap one just to try and get me by. Right now i don't care too much about light intensity or distance as I will not use going very fast, will be used for low speed night time offroad only. So spread was more important to me and went for a curved spot/flood combo.

The results in my apt carpark, bar resting on the bonnet:

No lights:

Low beams:

High beams:

Light bar on its own:

Light bar and high beams:

For the price I can't complain. What I like is that the wall, poles and roof light up indicating the spread of light is much better than just the headlights. Pics taken with the bar on the bonnet just testing. Wanted to test to make sure its worth installing

Thats friggen awesome!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Property Guru
    don't haemophrodites generally have tiny wangs?
    Quote Originally Posted by oxy View Post
    No, that's asians
    A80 Supra
    80 Landcruiser

Quote Originally Posted by smithbro View Post
    Love the sound of the 3cyl turbo engines and the 2 stroke.They would be fun to drive. They all like the tall and skinny tyres. It's quite common for guys to import the jap spec ones here and use just as an offroad car. RHD can not be registered.

I was eyeing off the black 2 stroke one at Ebisu circuit earlier this year. Bloody tractor tyres on that thing!

So took this pig wheeling with the wife on the weekend. Was good fun.

A few breakages. The sand was apparently rather tricky due to some rain recently. Jimny returned unharmed but did end up popping the tyre off the bead. Was surprising as I was running 12 psi and I normally run 10. Popped back on without an issue. I am glad I bought the compressor.

A couple of Ipotato pics

A GU patrol's front axle that didn't want to stay attached:

Have around 25,000kms on it now