Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NS Pajero....

NS Pajero....

Well I figured one shitbox 4x4 in the shed wasn't enough so I bought another for the wife.
    2007 Diesel NS Paj VRX auto..
    Already fitted are some nice a/t tyres, redarc trailer brake controller, 50A anderson for trailer and some extra outlets in the boot.

Had a few dramas early in ownership, 6 days.. A small fight and 1.5 weeks without it and it's now got new injectors free of charge. But that's all behind us now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Paj1.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	386.4 KB 
ID:	86279

Name:	paj2.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	447.5 KB 
ID:	86280

First mod was performed today.. Fitted and EGR blanking plate to stop any carbon buildup in the plenum and runners and bored a 12mm hole in the throttle body to prevent throwing CEL's when there's no EGR flow.

Name:	pajTB.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	333.0 KB 
ID:	86281

Pajeros are pretty well renowned for having major issues with the buildup of carbon, thankfully this one has had the works thrown at it by the previous owners, NT plenums fitted (relocates the MAP sensor pickup) runners cleaned, fairly new DPF.

This weekend I'll be dropping off the DPF pipe and either gutting it and looping the pressure lines onto each other or replacing it altogether.

Future plans are to basically make this thing a sweet family cruiser/tourer. Get a decent tune done, roof basket, awning, snorkel, bullbar, 2" lift and enjoy the shit out of it
    Last edited by Kyle; 08-09-15 at 09:35 PM.

Looks good, have you decided what brand shocks and springs for the lift? I am just about to do mine but cannot decide on standard or hd springs.

Quote Originally Posted by RESON8 View Post
    Looks good, have you decided what brand shocks and springs for the lift? I am just about to do mine but cannot decide on standard or hd springs.
    I haven't yet mate. Some research suggests I shouldn't lift it at all to preserve the drivetrain.. Will have to continue researching I think!

Can't wait to get the dpf out of there!

I avoided dpf issues by going lpg/petrol. 2inch lift seems the norm, I wouldn't go any higher. A lift will help to preserve your rear fascia, mine decided to part company with the car.

50mm is fine for the driveline
    We went a little higher in the rear of our SWB (LWB H/D) as the Aux fuel tank drops it back down to a genuine 2"

There are a few mods people have done to protect the rear bar from becoming a sand scoop.
    Bushskinz have a rear bar arrangement that works well
    http://bushskinz4x4.com.au/bushskinz...ear-Bar-Bumper

I know Kieron from Bushskinz very well (I did most of his bash plate photos) and rate his gear very highly..
    I have all his underbody protection as well as sliders (my car's pic are his SWB sliders pic)

Hey Jase... I remembered yesterday you told me to check for rust on top of the doors.. guess what I found lol..

BOOSTFARKIN
    Nice another paj should actually start a thread for mine on here one day.
    I got a ultimate suspensions assembled set with rear bags for our nx so far so good.

These make great family cruisers
    Quote Originally Posted by Babalouie View Post
    Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Currently driving one of these to and from our property, have wondered about mods and this has helped a lot thank you!
    Who'd you have the barny with dealership or private sale?
    Quote Originally Posted by TK View Post
    may 10 thousand malaria carrying mozzies attack their syphillis sores simultaniously whilst their shrivelled genitalia are nibbled by hungry gofers

Quote Originally Posted by bbits_elements View Post
    Currently driving one of these to and from our property, have wondered about mods and this has helped a lot thank you!
    Who'd you have the barny with dealership or private sale?
    Probably the biggest dealership in western sydney.. well a branch anyway.

Yeah it's a good bus, I actually really like driving it, can't wait till it's got some more power though!

Check that it has had the chain tensioner recall done as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Yeah it's a good bus, I actually really like driving it, can't wait till it's got some more power though!
    Agree on being a good thing... Father in law has had a few now and never anything wrong with any of them.

Yeah so pajero's are shit hey..

Cunt CEL'ed on the wife at lunchtime today. She tried to call me at work but couldnt get hold of me, so kept limping it home (fucking moron but whatevs) and then I spoke to her, tole me what happened so I came home. Car is lazy to start, found heaps of diesel under it and peppered on the catalytic converter... So I spent all afternoon trying to find the source..

Ended up being an o-ring between the IP's feed pump outer plate and the main body of the IP... Fuck you Denso! Fuck you.

I have a theory; There was so much shit built up under the pump that it's been leaking bit by bit for years. It's always been lazy to start since and was more noticeable after they did the injectors last year. I've noticed with the rail pressure is lazy at certain points as well as struggling to rev out past 3000 rpm and i suspect this has been contributing to the problem.

While i've the battery out of the engine bay I'll rotate the SCV 180 degrees and see if that also returns some performance. If it does I'll get a new SCV
    Last edited by Kyle; 16-04-16 at 07:35 PM.

Look like a twin for my truck that is towing us around Aus atm. I had mine flash tuned before we left and then had to replace the over pressure valve on the rail. It goes pretty well when not towing 2.5t. Seems pretty capable off road, have bashed it through some WA scrub a few hours north of Perth and scratched the shit out of it.
    Only use genuine fuel filter and put clamps on all the fuel lines. Suction control valve is fucking gay, I replaced mine in Sydney and it still plays up occasionally, cunt thing.
    I disabled the dual runner inlet on mine too as it may be blocked up.

Pajero, like a Prado but 10k cheaper.
    David Fraser - Automotive Historian!

Quote Originally Posted by bigmuz View Post
    You can't polish a turd but you can put 600hp in it and laugh your fucking arse off coming past someone sideways at Powercruise.

Quote Originally Posted by JZK25 View Post

Pajero, like a Prado but 10k cheaper.
    More like $15+k cheaper.

Parents just picked up a 2016 NX GLS for $49k driveaway.
    If in doubt power out

Bluemaxx was a win the other day on my fucked oring on the feed pump. Power delivery not as peaky, rail pressure is stable and smooth unlike before. And it seems to be happy to rev past 3k now. I didn't rotate the scv though, one of the cap screw heads is flogged out so I'll need some small multi grips

Just joined up to Paj club, hopefully some useful info on there.

Kyle, you think the problem in the car initially was probably the pump oring and not injectors?
    Last edited by JZK25; 21-04-16 at 10:46 AM.

You can't polish a turd but you can put 600hp in it and laugh your fucking arse off coming past someone sideways at Powercruise.

Have considered getting one of these things or a R51 Pathy. Pathy seems to have a bit more poke which is a good thing. Either option would most definitely be petrol though. I'd move the VSI lpg system on my R50 pathy over to whatever car.

Quote Originally Posted by Rona View Post
    More like $15+k cheaper.

Parents just picked up a 2016 NX GLS for $49k driveaway.
    Local dealer hear claims to have a a few "demo" ones for $46k driveaway. Tempted but fuck breaking my lease.

Just joined up to Paj club, hopefully some useful info on there.

Kyle, you think the problem in the car initially was probably the pump oring and not injectors?
    Just saw this, sorry man!
    Can't say for sure, But I definitely believe that o-ring's been like that for a very long time, either at pump rebuild or from new. I don't think the pump's been rebuilt so..... It would have definitely contributed to the issues it's had thats for sure.
    One week on and it's very smooth in power delivery now, no more hesitations around 3k rpm which is great.

I really want to get this DPF fucked off.

Get it tuned then motherfucker. Dale cunt is waiting.

Get it tuned then motherfucker. Dale cunt is waiting.
    I definitely want to! Just another thing on the ever growing lost

Ran it to work and back for the first time since fixing up the pump and can report it revs freely all the way to redline without hesitation at all. Loke a completely different vehicle!

NS Pajero....

Anyone know of any 4m41 engines being pushed hard power wise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by irsa76 View Post
    Local dealer hear claims to have a a few "demo" ones for $46k driveaway. Tempted but fuck breaking my lease.
    They'll be the GLX though (no heated/electric seats and a few other goodies like headlights washers, auto wipers etc). Dad's was the cheapest GLS on carsales that way new (20km on the clock).

Anyway to retrofit NX shit on the NS since it doesn't have the DPF?
    Last edited by Rona; 02-05-16 at 11:43 PM.
    If in doubt power out

Anyone know of any 4m41 engines being pushed hard power wise!
    I haven't... but I am pretty much the youngest pajero owner in my local area though haha

Found some Google stuff of tritons in Thailand with 360hp 700nm. Had a fucking hx40 on it though, wtf.

Both front and rear main seals leaking good..

Going to burn this cunting thing I think

I can happily rebuild a 1hd... but these common rail cunts scare me

Found some Google stuff of tritons in Thailand with 360hp 700nm. Had a fucking hx40 on it though, wtf.

I found this locally with an NM paj.. http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=48582

Were not in a position to sell and replace the paj at the moment... so perhaps I need to buy a 2nd hand motor and rebuild it then drop it in and let DaleCunt loose..

The 3.2 don't really get tickled in pajeros the ML triton guys bone off these like a 4.2td in a patrol.

They do like a bit of boost and more fuel safely enough plus the earlier ones don't have variable geometry turbos so can spec up a bit too
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux Forg View Post
    I agree with Rdyno