Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: NS Pajero....

Registered User bigshipengine.jpg's Avatar
    Ok i just noticed on the carsales specs the NT has extra power and torque is that just down to the tune and they bumped it ip for the newer model?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    It Places the lotion in the basket!

Quote Originally Posted by bigshipengine.jpg View Post
    Ok i just noticed on the carsales specs the NT has extra power and torque is that just down to the tune and they bumped it ip for the newer model?

The key differences are no pathetic DPF choking the system and the switch from a Jatco model to an Aisin one, which is rated to handle the extra power

Registered User bigshipengine.jpg's Avatar
    Ok cheers. DPF's can fuck right off.

It Places the lotion in the basket!

Been happy with this thing. She's got 251,000 on the clock now.

Finished off the bullbar install with some pinch weld and whatnot. Happy with the look.
    Also added an awning. These seem fairly useless, need a wind breaker/wall thing. Will be handy for putting a swag under I guess.

I've been noticing a knock from the front end on rough bumps etc, and got under there earlier this week and noticed that the shock absorber bushes are fukt. The shocks themselves are not fantastic either, so Bilstein shocks and 2" raised lovells it will be!

That vehicle doesn’t look like it has over 250k on it and that is a credit to you mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by TK View Post
    may 10 thousand malaria carrying mozzies attack their syphillis sores simultaniously whilst their shrivelled genitalia are nibbled by hungry gofers

Does look tidy.
    I'm considering going to Bilsteins on the Chally in the future, currently running Ultimates which iirc are Gabriel, at least they used to be.
    When you installed the bullbar did you keep the OE reo bar? I'm seriously considering pulling my TJM bar off and trimming abit more of the plastic for better airflow and maybe ditching the reo so I can squeeze a bigger intercooler in.

Thanks BBits! The interior could use some tidy up, seat bolsters and the like.. but she's not too bad a bus for 1/4 a million k's LOL

Quote Originally Posted by irsa76 View Post
    Does look tidy.
    I'm considering going to Bilsteins on the Chally in the future, currently running Ultimates which iirc are Gabriel, at least they used to be.
    When you installed the bullbar did you keep the OE reo bar? I'm seriously considering pulling my TJM bar off and trimming abit more of the plastic for better airflow and maybe ditching the reo so I can squeeze a bigger intercooler in.
    The reo bar got turfed in the bin save for two small sections to support the bumper bar cheeks under the headlights. This was as per the ARB instructions.

One fkn day I'll get this down to Dalecunt for a tune!

check out http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/
    Some pretty sharp Bilstein / Lovells Pricing..

Once you have your pricing - let me know how much and part numbers and I will see if I can get it cheaper for you...

Time for an update..

Have had this Optima AGM here for as long as I can remember and with a new fridge on it's way I thought I'd better get it installed.

This battery was too large to install in the engine bay, and they perform better in a cooler climate, so I chose to install in the boot.

I don't have a multi tool and couldn't be arsed buying one so I set about cutting this shit out with black panthers. Next time I'll buy the multi tool.

There's just enough clearance for the battery with regular terminals up top. I'll run from this with 6B&S to a distro/fuse block at a later date.

I chose to run 6B&S twin from the main battery to the rear battery, it should have more than enough ccc for the job. This was easily the worst part of the whole job.

The engine bay work is temporary and will change at a later date, so forgive the cable tied circuit breaker lolz... I'll be getting a nice alloy plate or enclosure made up for this area in here to mount that breaker and some lighting relays at a later date.

Originally the car had a 50A anderson plug at the rear hooked up through that '70amp' oex relay, triggered with an ignition on signal. I want that anderson outlet to be always powered so I've hooked it up to the load side of the redarc relay for now and removed that relay and it's associated wiring completely.

That's where they pinchecd the ignition on source for the relay, no idea if this is a common practice place to do this, but I certainly wouldn't have.

Can't even tell it's there All I need to do now is to install some rivnuts and a hold down bracket for it, and run a vent tube out into a wheel well.

While I was feeling productive, I set about installing a pair of cheap LED's I scored for a song off a friends old truck.

Relatively straight forward job. Produce plenty of light that's for sure. Wanted to go test them last night after i'd finished, but id had too many beers whilst installing them

Should probably get some stedi led fog lights to fill those holes now