Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1996 1FZ 80 Series Landcruiser

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

1996 1FZ 80 Series Landcruiser

96 "Winter Limited Edition" which I think just means it's a light blue GXL with alloys and stickers. Dual fuel. Cold ac, fast glass, steer, auto.

Was used for towing a horse float around the country so has a heap of kms but an excellent service record. Requires a couple of things to be tidied up but nothing that bothered the rwc guy. Couple of external blemishes but nothing that bothers me, otherwise presents well inside and out. Drives well, no steering play squeaks rattles or clunks. New tyres, upgraded suspension.

Planning to do some beach work and basic off-road stuff. This week it's getting a double din Alpine, keyless entry/immobilizer, cruise control and a uhf. After that I'll get the tint re-done.

More pictures later.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150920_093402-1.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	4.48 MB 
ID:	86731   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-09-21-20-40-02-1.png 
Views:	36 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	86732  

Looks mint. How long til boosts?
    DJ's don't need sigs

Winter edition had a selectable centre diff lock iirc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy McSkiddengoober View Post
    This. Guy has obviously committed a hate crime against hetrosexuality riding a scooter and should be stabbed to death with a sharpened cock.
    No. Driving an esky along the footpath will be the end humanity. This must be stopped.
    "Lo!! The son of satan will rideth thine esky, wearing nought but the beater of wives and the double secured half sandle, and he will wave his hands in great mirth ushering in the end of all mankind"

Looks tidy
    1+ on Boosts

Quote Originally Posted by dab.of.oppo View Post
    Winter edition had a selectable centre diff lock iirc.
    Every fulltime 80 had a selectable centerdiff lock

Haven't seen a button for center diff lock. Has a button for 2nd gear take-off though.

Boosts will be next year after I recover from paying off the national debt by driving this to Tasmania and back for Christmas holidays.
    Perfect mix of sports and luxury... Like an automotive version of a mullet

Actually I forgot has this got ABS?

You have no control over centerdiff lock if it does which means its effectively a AWD until you put it in lowrange

Grab a cdl switch, pull the center of the dash out and plug it in job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil. View Post
    Actually I forgot has this got ABS?

You have no control over centerdiff lock if it does which means its effectively a AWD until you put it in lowrange

Grab a cdl switch, pull the center of the dash out and plug it in job done.
    Yes it does, have ordered one. Thanks.

Next step I guess is the part-time 4wd mod

Opens
    If its got abs it will have a viscous coupling as the centre diff

gota' get me one of these and put my spare M112 on it

Why do people intending to do beach work, not buy a 4wd that's done beach work. Instead everyone looks for a clean mint one to fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosshoggett View Post
    If your planing to drive this on the road and enjoy it, id suggest a second opinion, someone with a history in Australian Rally or Fink River . If your just playing dyno comps. Then ok

Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    Why do people intending to do beach work, not buy a 4wd that's done beach work. Instead everyone looks for a clean mint one to fuck
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Bit of preventive maintenance and it won't turn into a lump of rust, but yeah a lot of people think a quick wave of the hose is enough

Quote Originally Posted by Neil. View Post
    Bit of preventive maintenance and it won't turn into a lump of rust
    This. My last 4wd saw weeks up Fraser Island and numerous weekends on North Shore and Rainbow. Wasn't rusty when I got it, still wasn't rusty 4 years later when I retired it from 4x4 duties. Nor was it rusty another 3 years later when I got rid of it. I had no interest in buying someone else's rusted out fuckheap that hadn't been looked after.
    Last edited by 132oft; 24-09-15 at 12:53 PM.

So tidy, you scored

Had this in the shop getting some maintenance while I've been away working in Gladstone - new power steering pump, assorted sway bar and suspension bushes, swivel hub kit, wheel bearings, stub axles and front pads. Found a snapped bolt in lhs steering arm, converted to studs but couldn't source enough studs and locks to do both sides. Will attend to rhs later when parts come in. Stuck the CDL button in. Will give it a good gurney underneath before I pick it up in the next day or two to locate any leaks that may have been hidden by the leaked power steering oil. Taking to a mate in Brisbane on Wednesday to have the tint re-done. 35% all 'round of course.

Haven't had much of a chance to drive it/get my own pictures yet as I went north a week or so after picking it up. Cancelled the registration on the SS, so it's just going to be a trailer car if I ever get around to racing it again and the Cruiser is now wearing the 132OFT plates.

When the budget recovers I'll contact MV about getting the auto tickled and start collecting parts for adding positive intake manifold pressure.
    Speaking of which, I did find these ---> http://www.treadstoneperformance.com...Turbo+Manifold

Took this for a little wander in the hills on some basic tracks and up the beach the other weekend. Went about as expected, no dramas. Tide was high so soft sand majority of the way up to Double Island, didn't bother letting the tyres down at all - I wanted to see how it handled. Crossed over to Rainbow and went up to Inskip, came back through Cooloola Way.

Quick tip with these - there is a bit of a water trap where the front inner guards bolt to the firewall. You'll see it if you look from underneath but there might be a little plug behind the guard that you should pull and leave out. No idea why they were like this, maybe it was just mine but water could run down the firewall and would be trapped. First I noticed it was when the passenger side carpet would get wet after washing it.

Yep eventually this happens.

Drivers window auto up mod is also something cheap and easy to do on these.

Cheers, will have a look.

Looks bloody clean! Nice pickup

So a couple of months ago this happened.

And then on new years eve, this happened.

Engine has many leaks. Picked up a 2nd 1fz for $100 that came out of an 80 that was getting engine swap, so I'll pull that down and see what it needs, but it was running and looks clean. Will get MLS head gasket, ARP head studs. May convert to run LS coils, depending on what management is going to cost, more research required but just something simple to control fuel and spark. Will get 3" exhaust when manifold goes back in for test fitting, current exhaust varies between 2"-2.5" and is entirely welded front to back /rageface. Turbo will be 35/82 with .86 rear housing, ceramic bearing, billet wheels, internally gated and 8psi.

is unplugging your matrix aaron_hogan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 132oft View Post
    Engine has many leaks. Picked up a 2nd 1fz for $100 that came out of an 80 that was getting engine swap, so I'll pull that down and see what it needs, but it was running and looks clean. Will get MLS head gasket, ARP head studs. May convert to run LS coils, depending on what management is going to cost, more research required but just something simple to control fuel and spark. Will get 3" exhaust when manifold goes back in for test fitting, current exhaust varies between 2"-2.5" and is entirely welded front to back /rageface. Turbo will be 35/82 with .86 rear housing, ceramic bearing, billet wheels, internally gated and 8psi.
    Hell yeah!

looking forward to seeing how this turns out!

would go the 98+ 1fz coil packs and oem leads simple and toyota quality...

is the transmission control in the ecu on these or separate TCU?

Yeah trans control is in the ecu, so piggy back.

So cool. Bring on the boosts!
    DJ's don't need sigs

Looks super tidy! I just picked up an 80 series too and that cast manifold is perfect!

I hope it works out well for you looks like a clean 80, I recently went 6Boost manifold GT3582R with 109 rear housing 1000cc injectors 3" exhaust (modified Zetti brand to suit a 1HZ) PS1000 a Bosch in tank with surge tank and an inline secondary pump also a Safari air to air cooler makes 420hp at the tyres on 16psi. I used a Cometic head gasket and 2JZ ARP head studs and still run the factory dissy but want to get an 1FZ out of a 100 with coil packs the crank trigger set up would make life a bit easier. The old set up was the cast manifold with a smaller Garrett turbo standard injectors Unichip Bosch in tank pump but came on boost too early (10PSI) all over by 4500RPM and tuning was a pain (not many people locally to tune the unichip) still made 230hp at the tyres. I ran the current set up at the Diesel Assault at Willowbank just before Xmas ran a 14.5 ET at 95MPH not bad for a car that weighs over 3000kg and has the aerodynamics of a Kelvinator!!!

Impressive!

So, I had a brain fart and wrote this off last weekend. Whoops. Not a big smash, just enough for it to reach "not economically viable to repair". Oh well, carry on.