Due to being flooded with requests for a build thread (1) I figured I should probably slap something together. Just downloaded all my photos from facebook where I often get "shouldve put a LS in it" from the people that will be supplying the tears to fuel this thing.
Ill see if i can put this together in some logical order. THere will be a period where it was running that will be skimmed over lightly. Mainly because it didnt last long and I blew the shit out of the full house SR that was in it racing at Gunnedah with 1320FT.
I believe i got this car in 2008, pretty sure i was 21. Was a $500 rolling shell that a mate knew about that was sitting around. Now I didnt really choose the 1600, i was meant to buy a S13 silvia, with a busted motor as i had a SR laying around doing nothing. THat sale fell through, so i was left with a motor and nothing to put it in.
I cant seem to upload the really early photos of this build, might be a size issue, they are around 1Mb each.
This is the second time it is being rebuilt, it was destined as a street car, but laws changed, and i had to choose between racing and rego. I chose racing. It was a 5 speed, with modified rear end to pull the wheels in both side 80mm. SR20DET making 420hp @ 20 psi with a GT3076R. Best it ran was a 11.3 @ 128mph, approx run time before catastrophic failure was around 10 hours. It broke the 2 cylinder 1 rockers and went down with the timing chain, mass destruction, zero oil pressure.
Toyota 147 and one of the commodore blues, pretty sure its VY whatever its paint code is.
This kept happening too. Way more often than I wouldve liked. Porka 930 CV joints, was going through a full set every 2 meets, the car had bad axle angles under power. When it all went to shit this prompted a full rethink of what we were doing with this shitbox. We decided to trash the IRS and 4 link the car.
Cut the car behind the front seats, and gutted everything out of it. Including the IRS mounts.
We built it all around a 28x10.5 slick, anti roll, strange suspension all the good bits. Ended up with 4.57 ratio in it, aiming for 160mph.
Ended up turning out alright. Should get up and go from the line now.
New motor stuff is a P11 headed SR22VET. Precision 6766, 2 speed transbraked glide, TCE custom convertor, being built by Aaron at APM. I only want to run 8's, somewhat reliably. Radiator is gone now, running methanol only, zero street duties or anything like that. Purely a track car.
Damn only 20 per post, Will have to do some more.
Feel free to ask questions of if you want pics of specific things, let me know.