Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Focus RS

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    This all the way.

Does beg the question though, this or a new Mustang?
    You'd need a V8, the ecoboost Mustang isnt fast.

Interesting review as they put both mustangs up on hoist and take a look at the differences

Last edited by rj_astra; 22-10-15 at 10:36 AM.

PF's #1 soft roader advocate Captiva Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Purple View Post
    I would have ordered a Mustang if I didn't make the mistake of getting an early 86. Now I spend my commute avoiding eye contact with the other 30 86 drivers I see on the way to work everyday.
    I'd be waving at them.
    But then I'm a bit of a dick like that ... I tend to nod & smile at people on the footpath/bike-path on the way to work, as well.
    Got a bit of a shock when waving to someone in the same colour of Commode wagon as ours, last Sunday, and he immediately waved back & grinned.

Quote Originally Posted by rj_astra View Post
    You'd need a V8
    If you're considering a Focus RS, you couldn't go the Rustang Ecoboost could you? You'd WANT the GT.
    But then you're going down the path of apples vs oranges, if you're comparing those two then you'd be considering all sorts of stuff, like the 300SRT and LSA'd Clubbie etc.
    Last edited by Captiva Fan; 22-10-15 at 10:47 AM.
    Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

no mods, leave it stock Jack Nicholson's Avatar
    B̶e̶v̶e̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶H̶i̶l̶l̶s̶,̶ ̶C̶A̶ Baulkham Hills, NSW
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    Does beg the question though, this or a new Mustang?
    Turbo 4-banger AWD Focus RS = cool as fuck
    Turbo 4-banger RWD Mustang = I wish I bought the V8
    Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR

Quote Originally Posted by Marv View Post
    Look, just because you drive a couple of imported luxo Pommy cars doesn't mean you need to act like an Imperialistic Lapdog and be the last bastion of defence for Straya The Beaut's mid-20th-Century ideals
    Quote Originally Posted by nutttr View Post
    People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

"should of bought the v8" will be something you will hear a lot of if you buy the Turbo 4 stang
    #teamtremolo
    Quote Originally Posted by brasher
    TJ is 99% African American.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    And i'd still fuck Betty....

Little engine that could. itsnotagsr's Avatar
    flat plane crank in the new GT Mustangs!
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
    (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
    Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Quote Originally Posted by piss98 View Post
    If old Mustangs are any guide new Mustangs will be more common than arseholes on human beings.
    More old Mustangs on the road than old Falcons.

Yep, and while I don't mind them I intentionally avoided like the plague when looking for my old shitter.
    Hide yo' wife!!!

Quote Originally Posted by itsnotagsr View Post
    Which we're not getting

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Purple View Post
    I would have ordered a Mustang if I didn't make the mistake of getting an early 86. Now I spend my commute avoiding eye contact with the other 30 86 drivers I see on the way to work everyday.
    This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless.

Not too mention the stereotype with an 86 as most drivers of them seem to mid 20's wannabe cocks constantly trying to be fast and "exploit their vehicles handling characteristics" and show off how sporty their car is through a combination of fart can noise and poorly executed driving moves.
    Hide yo' wife!!!

Not too mention the stereotype with an 86 as most drivers of them seem to mid 20's wannabe cocks constantly trying to be fast and "exploit their vehicles handling characteristics" and show off how sporty their car is through a combination of fart can noise and poorly executed driving moves.
    Lol, couldnt have put it any better. There was a cock in an 86 last night (fart can and fully sik wheels) on a hill trying to predict when the lights were going green constantly going a few feet forward and then rolling back fucking up the clutch in the process. Except it was at night so you can easily see when the lights are going to go green, so of course I needed to demonstrate this in the mighty sports jazz Unfortunately he was likely too self absorbed to be aware of anyone else on the roads.
    this signature intentionally left blank

Quote Originally Posted by Forg View Post
    If you're considering a Focus RS, you couldn't go the Rustang Ecoboost could you? You'd WANT the GT.
    But then you're going down the path of apples vs oranges, if you're comparing those two then you'd be considering all sorts of stuff, like the 300SRT and LSA'd Clubbie etc.
    100%

RS or the V8 manual Muzza.. you wouldnt cross shop to the 4cyl Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by MZ21 View Post
    Which we're not getting
    We're going to get GT's without the flat-plane crank when in other countries they get the GT with it?
    Or are they going to stop importing GT's when the flat-plane crank becomes part of the spec level ... and badge the V8 they sell here something else?
    Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

AFAIK only the GT350 get the fezza sounding donk. Which Ford Aus has said we're not getting.

IT grad for lyfe.
    Yes we Chemistry

Doesn't look like a bad thing at all. Reasonable value for whats on offer verse the alternatives. Similar pricing I think to an FGX XR8, which also isn't bad value for what's offered in the package.

Even in 2015 it's pretty common to hear and read people bagging out Ford, and others still talking up the likes of Toyota (though generally Lemmings/Apple fanbois? ), but when one reflects on the fleet line up in comparison they do have pretty good offerings these days vs many alternatives

Focus ST
    Focus RS (ST even)
    Mondeo EcoBoost
    FGX XR8
    Ranger
    etc

Quote Originally Posted by lumpy View Post
    IT grad for lyfe.
    Ah, so snotta lied ...

This is the problem and why I avoid eye contact.

There's two main types of 86 owners:
    1. #YOLOSWAG 20 somethings who spend all their allowances on loan repayments for the base model 86 GT and put on Rota 18's and Chinese coilovers and drive around at redline in 1st.
    2. Middle aged women who had the choice between an auto GTS and RAV4 and buy the 86 because it sort of reminds them of the Celica they drove in the 80s. They keep it stock and do 20 under the limit everywhere.

The rest of us are trying to work out which one of these groups we belong to.

I'd be waving at them.
    But then I'm a bit of a dick like that ... I tend to nod & smile at people on the footpath/bike-path on the way to work, as well.
    Shouldn't be driving on the footpath!

Bloody Forges.

Little engine that could. itsnotagsr's Avatar
    Ah, so snotta lied ...
    DaFAQ?
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
    (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
    Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Quote Originally Posted by itsnotagsr View Post
    This, this here is a LIE, making people thing that flat-plane GT350-style cranks will be applied to cooking-model GT's!!

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    Shouldn't be driving on the footpath!
    Wat?
    Firstly it's the shortest route, and secondly it's just full of plump targets that don't even expect it.
    The cyclists on bike-paths tend to not only go slower, but they have more padding, which means their knees & elbows & various bones do less paint damage.
    Last edited by Captiva Fan; 22-10-15 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Nicholson View Post
    Which one is lighter?
    If you dig a hole and it is in the wrong place, digging it deeper isn't going to help.

Police warn that blow-up dolls are not recognised floatation devices.

Focus by 13kg or something.
    so basically the same lol. hot hatch the same weight as a mustang (AWD must add a bit of heft!)

So turn the boost up on the Mustang and have proper wheel drive fun instead of AWD gayness.
    If you dig a hole and it is in the wrong place, digging it deeper isn't going to help.

Police warn that blow-up dolls are not recognised floatation devices.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    Focus by 13kg or something.
    so basically the same lol. hot hatch the same weight as a mustang (AWD must add a bit of heft!)
    The Focus is 2.5cm taller, 25cm shorter & 9cm narrower ... there's probably not a helluva lot of extra weight in just the extra metal that's involved?

Quote Originally Posted by Banzai View Post
    So turn the boost up on the Mustang and have proper wheel drive fun instead of AWD gayness.
    But then you're stuck with a non-V8 Mustang when a V8 Mustang exists!
    Last edited by Captiva Fan; 22-10-15 at 03:14 PM.

Ecoboost Mustangs will be as awesome as Supermoo Monaros.

The Focus is 2.5cm taller, 25cm shorter & 9cm narrower ... there's probably not a helluva lot of extra weight in just the extra metal that's involved?
    2 of the doors are extra metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Nicholson View Post
    When I posed the question I wasn't even putting the Ecoboost mustang into the equation. I meant that the sort of person who would shell out for this would surely consider the extra $10k or so for the v8 Mustang, i.e. me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimi View Post
    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnitzelburger View Post
    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Temporary Australian Rorz de Puniet's Avatar

I find it amusing rolling up to the lights next to them though as they immediately pretend they're adjusting the stereo or something knowing they'll be shamed in any kind of stop light drag race.
    Randy De Puniet has had more crashes than any other rider in the history of Grand Prix motorcycle racing.

As an 86 owner this is true.

Though the press about how slow they are often gets even slower cars trying to give you a run. 200hp isn't much, but it is still twice 100hp. So take that, Corolla!