Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: CAR HOISTS - 11 different types - Brisbane and Melbourne Warehouse.

Thanks Lincoln
    Dirty Subaru owner

Just placed the order for my HAPP40 to go in the shed, now to play the waiting game for it to arrive so can install it

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1472.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	1,004.2 KB 
ID:	104180

Got the hoist up and test run over past few weekends. Can say i am impressed at the quality for price of the Haap 40. Its not far behind the molnar and rotary lift ones we have in the workshop.

Didnt use the supplied dyna bolts decided to chemset 16mm rod into the slab for less chance of bolt movement.

Can put the jack and stands away in the corner and enjoy not rolling on the ground.

Thanks to Lincoln for getting the logistics and ball rolling for me.
    Last edited by nick81xd; 07-01-18 at 07:34 PM.

Can put the jack and stands away in the corner and enjoy not rolling on the ground.
    I only see one hoist there. I'm forever jacking up cars underneath my project cars that always seem to be on the hoist.

P.s. nice work shop space mate

Quote Originally Posted by garvice View Post
    I only see one hoist there. I'm forever jacking up cars underneath my project cars that always seem to be on the hoist.

P.s. nice work shop space mate
    One will hopefully do the job but guess there is always room next to it for a 4 post. Slab only strengthened in one bay for a 2 post.

If i had more hoists then i will get too busy at home.
    Shed is slowly getting to where i want it. Gotta make up some study benches next, Most the good ones ive seen come with a good price attached

Bit of a thread deflection, but I originally had a 6m bench along one wall. It became a shelf and wasnt usable. Best thing I did was pull it down and use the space for machine/toolbox storage and build a decent, heavy, metal movable fabrication table. Only 1100x900 but has all my welding, cutting, grinding equipment on it.

\/ \/ My motivation \/ \/ ALLMTR's Avatar
    So, if I use these

http://happ.com.au/miscellaneous/large-baseplates/

I can get away with a standard (4 inch thick) slab?
    1jz Rolla Van ....... 10.5 at 134mph

"Reacher figured if he could put that drivetrain in some battered old sedan body, then that would be his kind of car"

Pollitically incorrect
    maybe PM linc. IIRC he is away a lot for work these days.
    .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

I am also curious about said plates/concrete requirements

Smoke em if you got em! LINCOLN's Avatar
    Workcover/insurance will not cover you if there is a failire/accident that is attributed to concrete failure. In practice they do the job very well. All concrete and fasteners must be monitored periodically for pulling.

Cool, thanks. Doing some basic (very) maths, me standing on one foot would be more downward pressure on the concrete per square inch than a 1500kg car on that hoist using those plates (obviously there are leverage loads to account for)

"Reacher figured if he could put that drivetrain in some battered old sedan body, then that would be his kind of car"

No one cares about compression loads, concrete is very strong in this regard and why it is such a common building material. If the load was only in compression then you could put a hoist on dirt with no issues.

Concrete is very weak in tension, which is the load the hoist is putting on it when it isn't perfectly balanced ie always. The hoist is basically a lever trying to pull the concrete up, hence the requirement for a stronger slab with greater force distribution underneath the posts.
    Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Thought i covered that with the parenthesis but yeah, I agree. Problem is adding thickness to an established slab