Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 396

Thread: So I bought a one owner MA70 - 7mgte powah

  1. #61
    Chairbourn ranger! Mike Lowrrryyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    10,140
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm DJ! View Post
    One loose oil filter in my life is enough
    Drill and lockwire
    Quote Originally Posted by turbosurfer View Post
    Go fuck yourself cunts you to fatboy you cunts wanna bring up wifes as usual im just defending myself.
    Then you all get all teary gang up and attack like a bunch of lebbos that see an open oppertunity pretty
    much a bunch of gutless cunts that think like sheep. And if he is a ugly cunt and has a looker than he must have
    lots of $$$$ which speaks for itself. So as I said well and truly get fucked cunts.

  2. #62
    Registered User I'm DJ!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Beach-ville
    Posts
    8,006
    Calm down cunts, Moby dick is going to Scotty h next week, remote filter setup is here and just waiting on oil cooler.

    This shitter has headed to broadtune to check

    - voltages from all sensors are within spec eg water temp, air flow meter, oil pressure , temp, oxy sensor as it's dead in the upper mid range
    - then stick the wideband on it and check out mixtures (seems stupid rich)
    - do the mod that bypasses the alternator for better starting
    - supply and fit water temp gauge
    - remove 80's spec alarm
    - sneak Broadhurst back onto pf around his current ban

    #freebroadhurst
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151207_142439.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	88662  
    DJ's don't need sigs

  3. #63
    Sensei Cobra
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Bris-bain
    Posts
    6,691
    ^ That is really quite a gay image

  4. #64
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    6,800
    He's banned? Why?

  5. #65
    Opens
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    5,687
    Quote Originally Posted by bahaimus View Post
    ^ That is really quite a gay image
    That's exactly what I was thinking, even before I saw your reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jones View Post
    Sneakers prompted the erection. Engine stand made me do something with it

  6. #66
    Registered User 50RTD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Queenland
    Posts
    2,530
    Quote Originally Posted by bahaimus View Post
    ^ That is really quite a gay image
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyrex View Post
    That's exactly what I was thinking,.
    You were thinking about gay images? Google brother, theres heaps....

  7. #67
    cunning linguist lickmyleftone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Mt Cotton
    Posts
    4,055
    Quote Originally Posted by TT View Post
    He's banned? Why?
    What the fark is going on? Who's banned and why. Where is Muztafa?

    P.S. That man in the convertible auto poopra is very much in touch with his feminine side.
    The World's Best Pest Control in Brisbane, at PF mates rates, PM me.

    when all else fails, hit it harder.

  8. #68
    Registered User I'm DJ!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Beach-ville
    Posts
    8,006
    Quote Originally Posted by lickmyleftone View Post
    What the fark is going on? Who's banned and why. Where is Muztafa?

    P.S. That man in the convertible auto poopra is very much in touch with his feminine side.
    Fucknose - #freebroadhurst #tunasdontdeservedis #targasuprasareliketents #weallknowaboutschoolcamp
    Last edited by I'm DJ!; 07-12-15 at 05:08 PM.
    DJ's don't need sigs

  9. #69
    cunning linguist lickmyleftone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Mt Cotton
    Posts
    4,055
    LOL. You've had one too many Chardy's Damo.
    The World's Best Pest Control in Brisbane, at PF mates rates, PM me.

    when all else fails, hit it harder.

  10. #70
    Registered User TRD-MX62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    melb
    Posts
    1,511
    Rich as fuck at low load is common if someone has fitted an oiled air filter at some stage and it rogered the MAF, rich on boost is stock 9:1afr+ is "normal"

    they start fine without "mods" reco starter and good battery and alternator (7m-gte alternators love blowing the terminals off the rectifier / stator )

    toyobd1 includes an over temp alarm, there is no where in an ma70 that is not gay for an extra gauge unless you hack the dash up and remove the ciggy lighter

    Alarm : http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/190977557308?


    Quote Originally Posted by I'm DJ! View Post
    - voltages from all sensors are within spec eg water temp, air flow meter, oil pressure , temp, oxy sensor as it's dead in the upper mid range
    - then stick the wideband on it and check out mixtures (seems stupid rich)
    - do the mod that bypasses the alternator for better starting
    - supply and fit water temp gauge
    - remove 80's spec alarm
    - sneak Broadhurst back onto pf around his current ban

    #freebroadhurst

  11. #71
    Registered User 50RTD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Queenland
    Posts
    2,530
    I think the starting is actually due to fuel pressure perhaps or ECU not getting the mixture correct due to faulty sensors. Will know more tomorrow anyway.

  12. #72
    Registered User TRD-MX62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    melb
    Posts
    1,511
    Quote Originally Posted by 50RTD View Post
    I think the starting is actually due to fuel pressure perhaps or ECU not getting the mixture correct due to faulty sensors. Will know more tomorrow anyway.
    there is a fuel pressure up VSV that could be fucked (vents FPR to atmo for cold start enrichment)

  13. #73
    Registered User I'm DJ!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Beach-ville
    Posts
    8,006
    Quote Originally Posted by TRD-MX62 View Post
    Rich as fuck at low load is common if someone has fitted an oiled air filter at some stage and it rogered the MAF, rich on boost is stock 9:1afr+ is "normal"

    they start fine without "mods" reco starter and good battery and alternator (7m-gte alternators love blowing the terminals off the rectifier / stator )

    toyobd1 includes an over temp alarm, there is no where in an ma70 that is not gay for an extra gauge unless you hack the dash up and remove the ciggy lighter

    Alarm : http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/190977557308?
    Holy shit 9:1 fuck me were the test drivers blowing head gaskets or something on leaner mixtures?

    Re starting mod:

    http://www.supramania.com/forums/sho...ter-Relay-Mod)

    I spoke to Scotty hoffmann re what he knows about 7m's: "I know how to pull them out"
    DJ's don't need sigs

  14. #74
    Registered User dnegative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,611
    You don't need the starter mod till like 300,000km lol

  15. #75
    Registered User I'm DJ!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Beach-ville
    Posts
    8,006
    Quote Originally Posted by dnegative View Post
    You don't need the starter mod till like 300,000km lol
    Or 26 years? Haha I dunno!

    Appreciate your input keep it coming
    DJ's don't need sigs

  16. #76
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    3,248
    Quote Originally Posted by TRD-MX62 View Post
    toyobd1 includes an over temp alarm, there is no where in an ma70 that is not gay for an extra gauge unless you hack the dash up and remove the ciggy lighter
    I tucked a boost gauge down alongside the a-pillar which didn't look too bad (you couldn't really see it from outside the car).

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture_0603.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	545.9 KB 
ID:	88679

    Although that picture does make it look a bit gay
    Yes we Chemistry

  17. #77
    Registered User 50RTD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Queenland
    Posts
    2,530
    Yeah that looks gay, sorry.

  18. #78
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    3,248
    I didn't want to hack up the dash or mount it on the steering column so that was about the only option.
    Yes we Chemistry

  19. #79
    Opens
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    5,687
    If you didn't have a boost gauge in that spot during the late 90's/early 00's, there was something wrong with you. Looks fine to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jones View Post
    Sneakers prompted the erection. Engine stand made me do something with it

  20. #80
    25 schmeckles? Do the safety dance.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    4,138
    Do you need a boost gauge? How often do you look at it?

  21. #81
    Opens
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    5,687
    I think it's looking for a spot for a temp gauge actually. Put it there and you can accurately predict when the head gasket will come flying out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jones View Post
    Sneakers prompted the erection. Engine stand made me do something with it

  22. #82
    TJzone TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    23,957
    Subtle

    #teamtremolo
    Quote Originally Posted by brasher
    TJ is 99% African American.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    And i'd still fuck Betty....

  23. #83
    Registered User I'm DJ!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Beach-ville
    Posts
    8,006
    But mine has a boost gauge from factory.

    I'm vacillating between dirtyrex's opinion and wanting something like this

    https://youtu.be/C_raKYG7SLQ
    DJ's don't need sigs

  24. #84
    TJzone TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    23,957
    A70 isn't OBD2 though.
    #teamtremolo
    Quote Originally Posted by brasher
    TJ is 99% African American.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    And i'd still fuck Betty....

  25. #85
    Opens
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    5,687
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm DJ! View Post
    But mine has a boost gauge from factory.

    I'm vacillating between dirtyrex's opinion and wanting something like this

    https://youtu.be/C_raKYG7SLQ
    That's super gay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jones View Post
    Sneakers prompted the erection. Engine stand made me do something with it

  26. #86
    Registered User MZ21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    5,860
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    But you always have one eye on the temp gauge. Was even a habit in the 1jz I replaced the 7m with.

    Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
    After hg was done I'd be looking at the temp gauge constantly.

  27. #87
    Registered User spiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    3,220
    I removed cig lighter and hole sawed the soft plastic fascia in mine and slapped the gauge in there. Did the job. Never looked at it once.

    Cool cars, blew a lot of dosh on mine trying to get it right for the track but ended up selling after the third wiring job. Best looking 80s jap car when done right.

  28. #88
    Registered User I'm DJ!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Beach-ville
    Posts
    8,006
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyrex View Post
    That's super gay.
    Molte Bene
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151208_211025~2.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	363.9 KB 
ID:	88685  
    DJ's don't need sigs

  29. #89
    Registered User TRD-MX62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    melb
    Posts
    1,511
    Quote Originally Posted by lumpy View Post
    I tucked a boost gauge down alongside the a-pillar which didn't look too bad (you couldn't really see it from outside the car).

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture_0603.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	545.9 KB 
ID:	88679

    Although that picture does make it look a bit gay


    replace the clock with something like this...

    http://www.projectz61.com/design/arduino-boost-gauge/
    Last edited by TRD-MX62; 08-12-15 at 09:22 PM.

  30. #90
    Registered User TRD-MX62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    melb
    Posts
    1,511
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm DJ! View Post
    Holy shit 9:1 fuck me were the test drivers blowing head gaskets or something on leaner mixtures?

    Re starting mod:

    http://www.supramania.com/forums/sho...ter-Relay-Mod)

    I spoke to Scotty hoffmann re what he knows about 7m's: "I know how to pull them out"
    Ahhh stupidmania, I got life-time banned for signing up as "Jesus" and posting goatse many years ago, Mike the owner/admin really dislikes goatse....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •