Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: draw through carb turbo Mazda FE 2.0

Dammit, why aren't I getting notifications....

My reason for staying away from Efi is because I don't have a dyno, that being said, I'm not sure that the Efi manifold will physically fit under my engine cover/front seat. Those are typically quite tall.

Off topic tho, it's been suggested to me that blow thru is only a matter of fitting up an electric pump and boost reference regulator. Is this true? Obviously the timing still has to be dealt with as per normal, but as far as carb mods go I've been told by a bloke who has built a few that I'll only need pump and reg, and maybe a rejet.

Quote Originally Posted by klampykixx View Post
    Dammit, why aren't I getting notifications....

My reason for staying away from Efi is because I don't have a dyno, that being said, I'm not sure that the Efi manifold will physically fit under my engine cover/front seat. Those are typically quite tall.

Off topic tho, it's been suggested to me that blow thru is only a matter of fitting up an electric pump and boost reference regulator. Is this true? Obviously the timing still has to be dealt with as per normal, but as far as carb mods go I've been told by a bloke who has built a few that I'll only need pump and reg, and maybe a rejet.
    You need to boost reference the carb so any lines that are usually vac need to be boost referenced. Yes you will require a pump mechanical or electric that can handle the increase in pressure. A custom carb setup is best tuned on a dyno what do you think they were using dyno's for before efi lol.

My reason for staying away from Efi is because I don't have a dyno
    wut
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimi View Post
    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnitzelburger View Post
    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

i dont want to have to buy an aftermarket ecu and then also pay for dyno time. nearest reliable dyno tuner is an hour north of me.

im sure with a wideband o2 guage, and adjustable timing, and even a pyrometer(getting it for free) i can get it pretty well bang on just with a bit of tinkering and maybe some back road start stop driving.

i do want to get it checked on the dyno after im happy with what ive done, to see how far off, or if i was close, or whatever, but im doing this in stages, so first will be the carby swap. ill make sure its all good and runs properly on the holley. and after that, then ill get the turbo on the manifold and make sure its all good on the exhaust side, and then after all that, then ill setup the charge pipes.

probably be about a three week process once ive got everything i need. and not necessarily three consecutive weeks.

Ordered a Bosch 044 yesterday, and also picked up an adjustable fuel reg.
    Getting the carb adapter and hat sorted thru a mate so hopefully next week I'll be able to start the swap over to the holley.

I'm expecting it to run rich based on what I was told about the jetting so hopefully there's enough adjustment in the mixture screws to make it run ok.

The wierd part about my van is the current fuel consumption. Regardless of how I drive I get a constant 15L/100km average. I can idle around and keep revs down and it uses 15L
    Or I can flog it and rev it out, foot to the floor and it still uses 15L. I can literally count the Ks I've driven since last fill and estimate litres to fill within half a litre.

What I don't understand is where the fuel goes when I cruise around. I can understand using it when revving it out but when just idling around, where the fuck does it go? Plugs say it's running lean so it's not like it's just burning it for the hell of it.

Really hoping new carb fixes this issue.

Holy shit its Klampy! Welcome back!

How are you gonna fit the carb on the trans tunnel though?
    #WHOTW award winner #blessed #susanalbumparty

This rig has no trans tunnel so I have tons of room to put my turbo on my gearbox!!!
    Legit tho, I'm putting my intercooler back there. water to air unit.

Hi Klampykixx,

I have just found this post & am keen to see how this build progressed.

I have an '89 Econovan pop top camper & would like a little power for my 13.5-15l / 100km of fuel consumption [emoji6]

i ended up pulling the FE out and dropped a commodore 3.8 into it.

much more power, easy conversion, and pretty decent on fuel considering the diff ratio

much more power, easy conversion, and pretty decent on fuel considering the diff ratio
    Hi again, I sent you a PM

Updates!
    DJ's don't need sigs