Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 209

Thread: 13's for $1300 Barina SB #2

  1. #121
    Owns a bucket no13b_Coupe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Canberra Nth
    Posts
    3,023
    So you're bringing this to Geminats then
    BF XR6 Turbo - 2L Turbo TE - 75 TX Coupe

    - PSN: rotacoupe

    This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

  2. #122
    Get your azz to mars bugle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Sydney rAmR0d'
    Posts
    4,048
    Quote Originally Posted by no13b_Coupe View Post
    So you're bringing this to Geminats then
    Maybe give this a go on the track if anyone drops out, will be surprised if I can get the Piazza going again by then.
    as short as possible

  3. #123
    That's Sir Cunt to you... krisr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Shitney
    Posts
    1,038
    Take a log and see if you're getting tooth errors causing sync issues. I've seen that cause stumbles and sometimes stalling which is usually noise or interference on the TachIn. See if this helps (from the docs):

    "Optionally, when adjusting R56, you can measure the voltage at the "top" of R54. You'll need the board powered
    up. Set your meter to volts, and connect the +ve probe to the top of R54 and the -ve probe to ground. Adjust
    R56 to get around 2.5V on your meter."


    If you're getting noise on the TachIn, this helps prevent the computer from thinking the noise is a tooth on the wheel and fucking up the trigger wheel signal. Keep in mind though, if it doesn't start, the air gap might be a bit too big between the sensor and the wheel so if you can't tighten the gap up
    you might need to lower the voltage until you get a signal. If you have an analog meter or a scope you might be able to trace the peak voltage when cranking and set R65 about 0.5V below what you measure. Where does the shield get grounded? At the ECU end of the sensor end? (not both I hope).

    HTH
    Quote Originally Posted by Motherfucker Jones View Post
    If you can't appreciate that then you are more narrow minded than the most mulleted, flanno, thong wearing, thong slapping, 253 owning, southern cross tatted, fuck off
    we're full stickered, VB drinking bogan you'll ever meet

  4. #124
    That's Sir Cunt to you... krisr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Shitney
    Posts
    1,038
    Oh and if you're not running "Noise Filtering", try enabling it also. I usually enable it on all the cars I do. Distributor cars I'll also turn on Tach Period Rejection, but trigger wheels usually don't need it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Motherfucker Jones View Post
    If you can't appreciate that then you are more narrow minded than the most mulleted, flanno, thong wearing, thong slapping, 253 owning, southern cross tatted, fuck off
    we're full stickered, VB drinking bogan you'll ever meet

  5. #125
    Owns a bucket no13b_Coupe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Canberra Nth
    Posts
    3,023
    Quote Originally Posted by bugle View Post
    Maybe give this a go on the track if anyone drops out, will be surprised if I can get the Piazza going again by then.
    Yeah bring it to the cruise anyway. Piazza next year

    And yeah I'll drop you a line if that happens man.
    BF XR6 Turbo - 2L Turbo TE - 75 TX Coupe

    - PSN: rotacoupe

    This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

  6. #126
    Get your azz to mars bugle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Sydney rAmR0d'
    Posts
    4,048
    I'll play with it on the weekend starting with logging. Started work last week so have limited time on it again, and the car is at my parent's house.
    Have an analog meter and a scope if needed. The cable is only grounded at the ECU. Not sure if I can get the pickup any closer to the wheel, there's no adjustment as standard.

    Many other non Isuzus going to the cruise Jonno?
    as short as possible

  7. #127
    Owns a bucket no13b_Coupe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Canberra Nth
    Posts
    3,023
    Quote Originally Posted by bugle View Post
    I'll play with it on the weekend starting with logging. Started work last week so have limited time on it again, and the car is at my parent's house.
    Have an analog meter and a scope if needed. The cable is only grounded at the ECU. Not sure if I can get the pickup any closer to the wheel, there's no adjustment as standard.

    Many other non Isuzus going to the cruise Jonno?
    Yeah couple of datsuns. Probably a falcon or two a lame wrx.
    Was talking to a fella up here who has a piazza as well. He's talking about bringing his MU down lol
    BF XR6 Turbo - 2L Turbo TE - 75 TX Coupe

    - PSN: rotacoupe

    This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

  8. #128
    Get your azz to mars bugle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Sydney rAmR0d'
    Posts
    4,048
    Finally figured out what was wrong with the low rpm stalling. If I set the trigger to falling edge instead of rising edge it works perfectly. Have gone for a few test drives without a problem with it self tuning. Wastegate pressure with the lightest spring seems to be at 5psi (was supposed to be 7), added boost control to the MS2 so I can adjust that. I think the next spring up was 14psi which might be too much.

    Feels pretty fast. Have never driven a fast FWD car before so torque steer is new to me.

    Tidied up the wiring a bit.
    Last edited by bugle; 27-01-18 at 09:13 AM.
    as short as possible

  9. #129
    VW Service Bloke Sloth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    3,678
    i was thinking about this the other day. im about to sell mine. its done i just havent run it in anger. dirvorce means no toys.

    hows the ms2 to set up etc?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty! View Post
    I like cars. Cars are cool.


    I'M NOT A HOOKER BUT 20 BUCKS IS 20 BUCKS...

    robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

  10. #130
    Compulsive modifier awdmoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    1,351
    That's way neater than factory. Nice work!
    Lots of minis & mokes including a G13b powered Sports Sedan, a couple of Swift Gtis, a Goggomobil, Porsche 928S, Polo Gti, BMW 540i, a WRX and a few others.

  11. #131
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Cairns, 'Straya
    Posts
    43
    If you're concerned about intercooler flow, post a few pics of the intercooler as fitted, the underside of the front bumper (looking up), the gap between the cooler and radiator, any gaps between them all and the body, etc. Enough to see any possible airflow path. I'm certain I could offer some advice to help with that.

    My own car (A Suzuki Mighty Boy) had an engine swap and a front body kit that were poorly executed. It overheated in traffic, the fan operated until about 60km/h, and if you were overheating and then drove to 80km/h it took about a minute or two to come down to temp. With the application of some real estate sign and an old foam mattress (held on with zip ties) I dropped 80km/h cruise temps by about 5 degrees, any forward motion above about 10km/h didn't need the thermofans. If you were stopped at lights and it got hot enough for fans (which now took a while), it cooled down by the time you *got* to 80km/h, and generally solved all temperature problems. Air pressure across the radiator jumped by some 80% (meaning that airflow through it increased by around 40%). And I didn't even do it right. I could have got another 20-30% of airflow with another hours work, but it didn't need it.
    Last edited by BLSTIC; 28-01-18 at 12:52 PM.

  12. #132
    Registered User I'm DJ!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Beach-ville
    Posts
    8,945
    Oh mighty boys are awesome kiwi bloke! Build thread? /It

    This looks great man!
    Quote Originally Posted by thebluerx7 View Post
    The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .


  13. #133
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Cairns, 'Straya
    Posts
    43
    Kiwi? Oh I mustn't have updated my info. I'm back in 'Straya now. No build thread, I didn't do the work and the car's gone.

    Build thread on my 13's for $1300 all-motor AU though, I can do that.

  14. #134
    HUGH MUNGUS InsaneAsylum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,733
    Quote Originally Posted by bugle View Post
    Finally figured out what was wrong with the low rpm stalling. If I set the trigger to falling edge instead of rising edge it works perfectly. Have gone for a few test drives without a problem with it self tuning. Wastegate pressure with the lightest spring seems to be at 5psi (was supposed to be 7), added boost control to the MS2 so I can adjust that. I think the next spring up was 14psi which might be too much.

    Feels pretty fast. Have never driven a fast FWD car before so torque steer is new to me.
    That looks bloody awesome, nice job.

    It's not torque steer, it's activating the "surprise lane change" feature. It gets really funky in the wet

  15. #135
    Opens Guido's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    In my Den of Sin??
    Posts
    8,413
    This is cool. Needs to be reshelled into a Combo van!
    Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

    My Italian 510

  16. #136
    bitch lasagne Bob Vegana.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Sonova Beach
    Posts
    6,242
    *Cabrio.
    Quote Originally Posted by brewdles View Post
    In short, some cunt at test and tune had a 250cc honda turning to 11ty and it sounded porn. Do that.

  17. #137
    Non Compos Mentos Gammaboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    16,073
    Pity we never got the Tigra.


    Actually, looking at that pic, it's probably a good thing we didn't get it. Pity we didn't get the Puma.
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

  18. #138
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,330
    Quote Originally Posted by Gammaboy View Post
    Pity we never got the Tigra.
    But we got the later convertible Tigra so you can satisfy your desires
    Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars

  19. #139
    Owns a bucket no13b_Coupe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Canberra Nth
    Posts
    3,023
    Apparently the HSV version is good?
    BF XR6 Turbo - 2L Turbo TE - 75 TX Coupe

    - PSN: rotacoupe

    This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

  20. #140
    Get your azz to mars bugle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Sydney rAmR0d'
    Posts
    4,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    i was thinking about this the other day. im about to sell mine. its done i just havent run it in anger. dirvorce means no toys.

    hows the ms2 to set up etc?
    Why no toys? Especially ones that aren't really worth any $.

    MS2 is pretty easy to set up, having a distributor makes it simpler because it's not setup to run COP straight out of the box, but that's not hard to add.
    But then again sometimes you run into a problem like what I had and it takes a bit of time to figure it out.


    Quote Originally Posted by BLSTIC View Post
    If you're concerned about intercooler flow, post a few pics of the intercooler as fitted, the underside of the front bumper (looking up), the gap between the cooler and radiator, any gaps between them all and the body, etc. Enough to see any possible airflow path. I'm certain I could offer some advice to help with that.
    It doesn't have any overheating problems, just that about half the intercooler has no direct air flow, i'm sure it circulates up behind the bumper a bit. I don't think it matters much though after looking at the logs.

    Did some tuning tonight, got it running 7psi and tuned decent through the whole power and cruise range up to redline and it's pretty damn fast.

    Datalogs say the intake temp was 27 degrees on boost and ambient was maybe 1 degree lower than that, temps don't seem to rise at all with boost anyway. It only got up to 40 degrees with the car sitting idling.
    Last edited by bugle; 30-01-18 at 08:36 PM.
    as short as possible

  21. #141
    Get your azz to mars bugle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Sydney rAmR0d'
    Posts
    4,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Gammaboy View Post
    Pity we never got the Tigra.

    Actually, looking at that pic, it's probably a good thing we didn't get it. Pity we didn't get the Puma.
    I don't mind the Tigra front stuck on a Corsa though
    as short as possible

  22. #142
    Get your azz to mars bugle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Sydney rAmR0d'
    Posts
    4,048
    How's this for no lag? This would be 2nd gear starting at 2600rpm up to 5500rpm with slight wheelspin

    Last edited by bugle; 30-01-18 at 09:27 PM.
    as short as possible

  23. #143
    infantile egomaniac CussCuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Old Pac
    Posts
    6,797
    Was along for the ride when tuning last night. This is a stupid, ridiculous car and I love it. The in gear response is insane, accelerating to pass someone and you easily end up at twice the speed as intended. The thing makes boost free revving in neutral. Also makes all sorts of fknwhoosh noises, pretty much all the time because its instantly on boost.

    The 1.8 N/A makes over twice the original HP, so at 7psi or so, would be about 3x the original barina power.

    Will try to get some videos in daylight.
    this signature intentionally left blank

  24. #144
    Non Compos Mentos Gammaboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    16,073
    Quote Originally Posted by bugle View Post
    I don't mind the Tigra front stuck on a Corsa though
    Yeah, that works!
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

  25. #145
    Get your azz to mars bugle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Sydney rAmR0d'
    Posts
    4,048
    Wonder how much power I'll need to run a 13. Rego says it weighs 820kg, I might've added around 50kg to it.
    Last edited by bugle; 31-01-18 at 03:40 PM.
    as short as possible

  26. #146
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Cairns, 'Straya
    Posts
    43
    http://www.torquestats.com/modified/...bmit=Calculate

    According to that, which seems to be within acceptable errors for a Falcon (210hp, 1700kg, rwd, generates a 17.3 sec 1/4 mile,) you'll need around 210hp at the flywheel. So if we're talking metric wheel-killer wasps, about 110 of them
    Last edited by BLSTIC; 31-01-18 at 05:01 PM.

  27. #147
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Cairns, 'Straya
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by bugle View Post
    It doesn't have any overheating problems, just that about half the intercooler has no direct air flow, i'm sure it circulates up behind the bumper a bit. I don't think it matters much though after looking at the logs.

    Did some tuning tonight, got it running 7psi and tuned decent through the whole power and cruise range up to redline and it's pretty damn fast.

    Datalogs say the intake temp was 27 degrees on boost and ambient was maybe 1 degree lower than that, temps don't seem to rise at all with boost anyway. It only got up to 40 degrees with the car sitting idling.
    That seems suspiciously low, but the intercooler is fairly big and even with zero airflow a core that big and heavy can store an awful lot of heat before the cold side gets hot. Given the moderate boost level that could take a long time at WOT. Let me know if it heats up going up long hills or something.

  28. #148
    Get your azz to mars bugle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Sydney rAmR0d'
    Posts
    4,048
    I don't think there is a hill anywhere that I can get on it for long enough without exceeding the speed limit enough to lose my licence.

    I think it can do more than 110kw at the wheels easily.
    as short as possible

  29. #149
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Cairns, 'Straya
    Posts
    43
    Well, you've effectively build a lower boost, smaller, Astra turbo motor.

    http://www.torquestats.com/index.php?car_id=605

    2003 Astra turbo. 147kw, 1250kg. 15.17 @ 93mph

    Astra turbo runs 12-13psi on a 2L engine, so unless your car holds on to its torque really well high in the rev range, you will have less power, but you weigh 400kg less.

    T28 is apparently good for 250-260 odd hp at 15psi, so you shouldn't run out of turbo before you run out of conrod or cams
    Last edited by BLSTIC; 01-02-18 at 06:11 PM.

  30. #150
    Get your azz to mars bugle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Sydney rAmR0d'
    Posts
    4,048
    It's higher compression than the Astra Z20LET though. This runs 10.5:1 and the Astra is 8.8:1.
    Probably helps with eliminating turbo lag and more low rpm power, but i'm going to be limited with how much boost I can run.
    as short as possible

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •