Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 4WD Chat Thread

4WD Chat Thread

Thread for random 4WD chat
    2003 GU PATROL
    1992 R32 GTST SKYLINE
    1986 4WD HILUX

"How about we rename it Domination Day and tell them to shut up or we'll finish the job. Then maybe negotiate back from there?" - Mr Ed

Spent over $1600 on the GU in the past 24hrs

FML
    Last edited by ZENNON; 18-02-16 at 03:59 PM.
    2003 GU PATROL
    1992 R32 GTST SKYLINE
    1986 4WD HILUX

"How about we rename it Domination Day and tell them to shut up or we'll finish the job. Then maybe negotiate back from there?" - Mr Ed

Quote Originally Posted by ZENNON View Post
    GU

FML
    Fixed

Opens
    About to do all wheel bearings, swivel hubs, front rotors, whatever else on the 80 series, before the cape. Fucking cunt job.

I need more cylinders! nine2nine's Avatar
    My GU only ever gets driven on 4wd specific trips these days. Can be up to 6 weeks or more workout being started although during summer its up DI quite a bit.

Its life last year was vic high country, cape york, north straddie, lcmp, fraser island, and now lcmp again on the 27th.

Quote Originally Posted by nine2nine View Post
    My GU only ever gets driven on 4wd specific trips these days. Can be up to 6 weeks or more workout being started although during summer its up DI quite a bit.

Its life last year was vic high country, cape york, north straddie, lcmp, fraser island, and now lcmp again on the 27th.
    It's a random chat thread...post pics of the highlights
    Quote Originally Posted by Babalouie View Post
    Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Quote Originally Posted by T T Celica View Post
    About to do all wheel bearings, swivel hubs, front rotors, whatever else on the 80 series, before the cape. Fucking cunt job.
    Funnily enough that's exactly what brought this (steering wobble) on I suspect

I'm doing pan hard rod bushes (front & rear), tie rod ends (left & right), and while I'm at it, Superior Engineer radius arms
    2003 GU PATROL
    1992 R32 GTST SKYLINE
    1986 4WD HILUX

Quote Originally Posted by nine2nine View Post

Nice nice

In the old Hilux we did Simpson Desert, Fraser, Double Island, Inskip, Moreton, Straddie, Land Cruiser park, City View, etc
    In the GU we've done Cape York, Inskip, Moreton, Straddie, Gordon Country, Jenowen Hills, Land Cruiser park, City View, The Springs, etc
    2003 GU PATROL
    1992 R32 GTST SKYLINE
    1986 4WD HILUX

I also have to do the swivel hubs, adjustable panhards, cv's solid pinion spacer, free wheeling hubs, clutch, fit p/t time transfer case, rear diff lock, stainless snorkel, rear bar, sliders. All of this after I finishing my 1hz with boosts and hopefully not blow the cunt up.

Also fuck Glasshouse and mud

holy crap - that's quite a todo list
    2003 GU PATROL
    1992 R32 GTST SKYLINE
    1986 4WD HILUX

Quote Originally Posted by MartyXF View Post
    Fixed

You also have a Patrol? Or you have something far superior?
    2003 GU PATROL
    1992 R32 GTST SKYLINE
    1986 4WD HILUX

Im driving my sisters 2003 patrol st-l 4.2 TD to work, could use more power.

Opens
    Quote Originally Posted by ZENNON View Post
    Funnily enough that's exactly what brought this (steering wobble) on I suspect

I'm doing pan hard rod bushes (front & rear), tie rod ends (left & right), and while I'm at it, Superior Engineer radius arms
    Swivel/knuckle bearings can be the culprit too. I have a LHS warped disc, which is exagerating either a tie rod end/swivel bearing/panhard bush failure. Will do tie rods at asame time, and check panhard bushes. Steering box mount cracks can cause a wobble too, fuck i hope that aint so....

What was Simpson like Zennon?

Ps dont mind MartyXF, his Jeep GC is far superior to any Japanese fourbie....

Opens
    Simpson is a nice, relaxing 3-5 day drive across it. The easiest of the "proper 4wd" trips ive done

I am trying to find some decent seats for my BJ73 - don't really want to go the full Recaro style route with high sides as it will be sitting reasonably high so getting in and out will be a PITA...

Any suggestions ??
    Preferably from a two door so that they can fold forward and I can access the rear storage section...

Quote Originally Posted by Southo View Post
    I am trying to find some decent seats for my BJ73 - don't really want to go the full Recaro style route with high sides as it will be sitting reasonably high so getting in and out will be a PITA...

Any suggestions ??
    Preferably from a two door so that they can fold forward and I can access the rear storage section...
    Are the bj73's the same bolt/rail patten as the 80? If so you could do the XR seat adaptor
    Quote Originally Posted by Babalouie View Post
    Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

I need more cylinders! nine2nine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vet 180 View Post
    It's a random chat thread...post pics of the highlights
    Here's a couple. Prob should update my thread at some point. Got long service this year so driving the Gulf through to Darwin.

Favourite high country track - Sarah Spur

Exiting one of the cape crossings

Double Island

LCMP

Quote Originally Posted by vet 180 View Post
    Are the bj73's the same bolt/rail patten as the 80? If so you could do the XR seat adaptor
    No, The 60 series and 73 Series seat bases are appear to be different based on me trying to fit a mates 60 series recaro into mine a few weeks back to see if it would fit...

Banned
    I can do it in less than a days work

Opens
    As can i, and have done in the past. A day or a week, its still a messy cunt job

Banned
    As can i, and have done in the past. A day or a week, its still a messy cunt job
    Rags plenty of rags is the key and a bearing packer.

Opens
    Yep, have old bedsheets and a grease gun packer (this time). Hand packing 12 bearings is fucked

Quote Originally Posted by Rdyno View Post
    I can do it in less than a days work
    You would fucking hope so. My second year apprentice can too.

Quote Originally Posted by da9jeff View Post
    What was Simpson like Zennon?
    Yeah awesome - best trip I've done in Aus. Rate it way higher than the Cape. And yeah as TTCelica mentioned - the 4WDing isn't actually hard either - just have to be prepared #cosDesert
    2003 GU PATROL
    1992 R32 GTST SKYLINE
    1986 4WD HILUX

Got all the gear here to lift the body, including a cut`n`welded lifted bar. Even made a cpl nice drop brackets for the radiator. Was a great thought months ago, but between actually getting to it and getting older and less agile, another 2" is looking like a pain in the arse to hop in & out of...all for wanting 33s like the cool kids.

Lotta rooting around for all of another 1/2" ground clearance. Spose the upside would be the tired old 3rz will see me barely ever using 5th so saves a gear change here & there
    Apart from the car like front end comfort, I reckon IFS licks serious fucking bag.

Queensland trip end of this yr. Spend at least 10 days going mainly inland and camp in state forests etc, Just me & the dogs. Prolly hit Bundy and setup out Coonarr. Equal time with the young bloke, grandies and quiet time by the coast, just me & the dogs Cpl weeks then same thing back home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skompa View Post
    Yeah, bit too nice for me, I prefer my R32s with mountains of bog and LS engines

I need to do an oil change asap, other than that love my 80. I drive it every day!

Im yet to take it off road tho
    Quote Originally Posted by The Property Guru
    don't haemophrodites generally have tiny wangs?
    Quote Originally Posted by oxy View Post
    No, that's asians
    A80 Supra
    80 Landcruiser

Quote Originally Posted by MR-PUNANNY View Post
    Im yet to take it off road tho

2003 GU PATROL
    1992 R32 GTST SKYLINE
    1986 4WD HILUX

I want to drop about 10k on my Wildtrak to make it a big monster truck tourer... but I don't even use it and probably wouldn't use it offroad as too precious.

Has done about 2k kms in the last 9 months.

$180 on coolant and pentrite synthetic gear oils for the nav, just gotta get the motivation to git err done (and hopefully not have to pull the bash plates to do the gearbag/transfer)