Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast

Thread: 4WD Chat Thread

To be honest, I'd just do what this bloke did... leaving the jeeps behind with ease

Quote Originally Posted by vet 180 View Post
    Your special....you went around Australia in a Jimny!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Did a half lap in this one as well
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by South View Post
    With one person, or two... and are you towing something?
    Sometimes 2 and sometimes 4 also sometimes tow stuff as well. Thatís the beauty of JKs they are
    versatile and spare parts donít come with stupid Toyota pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by vet 180 View Post
    Tbh they are though. I wheel with a JK rubicon often and tbh I go further in the Jimny most of the time. However I am under no false pretenses that my rig is more capable than his just because I go further. Get the right trail and the right driver and he will leave me far behind.

In saying that your duel cab sounds perfectly capable for the driving you do, more practical and probably better to live with daily. So itís a far better compromise for your situation and at least you get out there and have some fun. At the end of the day thatís all that matters
    I'm a Zook guy but over the last 10 years or so have drifted to Wranglers. The beauty with Zooks is that you can use their size to your advantage and take lines not available to the larger vehicles, they are light and thats a good thing.

The Wranglers are far more comfy as a tourer and as they are heavier ride better. I like the fact that anything I want to do to the thing is available in a catalogue from the US and best of all parts are cheap and quick to get here from Rockauto and the like. It's also a convertible and thats a good thing. Now the kids are doing their own stuff I don't need the space so SWB for me.

I've tried to like the 79 series Yotas and the like but man, they are so bland and I can't get past the shit wheel travel. But if I was looking for something to tow a van and would be ultra reliable, I'd be buying one.

I'd buy this thing tomorrow if Jeep released them locally.

thats a cool lookin thing
    This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

My Grand Vitara got written off a few weeks ago, so I got a new toy. A bit more serious than the suzuki!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190609_141135.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	3.46 MB 
ID:	112143

Nice!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Will swap for perpetually broken duramax patrol...

Tempting - but it might even be close to fixed

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Opens
    Just sold the 80 series, after 16 years of trouble free motoring. Its a sad day indeed....
    Diseasel 80 series with 100 series

What was the motivation in selling it then?

Opens
    Time for a change mate. The last time it was used in anger was the Cape in 2016. Entirely too much car to be driving to work and back everyday. Rather see it be used. Old mate that bought it is heading up the Cape for its shakedown run, he said. Took me 12 months to decide to sell it. Funny how we become attached to these things.....

4WD Chat Thread

I love how Land Rover guys brag about how much better there cars drive (from an onroad/off-road compromise perspective) and land cruiser guys brag about how much longer their cars can drive without problems.

Sounds like a good stint on the 80, but if not using it for what itís designed to do for over a year then itís time to move on to something more suitable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Babalouie View Post
    Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Opens
    100% mate. Used it occasionally on day trips,.but it honestly had more use around the block pulling trees out with the winch, or towing stumps out. Can do all that in the 200 series. Plus all our weekend trips, or long trips away are now done in the 200, too.

Quote Originally Posted by T T Celica View Post
    Just sold the 80 series, after 16 years of trouble free motoring. Its a sad day indeed....
    Change your sig now that you are changing your underwear to a bra and panties LOL

Opens
    Yes mum....

RIP 4wd action mag
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2019-06-14-18-01-36.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	4.43 MB 
ID:	112208  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdyno
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripper
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Cahill leaving or the mag actually finishing?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Tow car/camping bus: 2011 D40 Navara ST

Baby mobile: 2016 Nissan Qashqai

75 Mini Clubman club racer - DCOE powah

The mag finishing. They're moving everything onto YouTube.

Well shit eh. I did buy a triple pack for dad while he's in hospital and we both noticed how 3 mags is still thinner than 1 old one. Not surprised at all.

Yep, I just hope they don't fuck their trip videos by constantly flogging sponsored shit. They're right on the edge of doing that already.

I'm not a huge fan already. Roothy is much more bearable but even then the backyard YouTubers are way way better.

Last edited by da9jeff; 14-06-19 at 08:33 PM.

You can imagine how expensive it is to organise 6 months of touring, servicing, repairing and feeding the crew etc.

Its not like some fag vloging his turbo horns on his wrx

I can handle some sponsorship to see these guys do the epic adventures we all dream about
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Registered User bigshipengine.jpg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by da9jeff View Post
    Well shit eh. I did buy a triple pack for dad while he's in hospital and we both noticed how 3 mags is still thinner than 1 old one. Not surprised at all.

Yeah but the old fat mags where 80% ads. No idea about the new one as i havent bought a magazine besides LSX tuner in 5 years. And ironically have never owned anything with an LS...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    It Places the lotion in the basket!

Quote Originally Posted by MRMOPARMAN View Post
    You can imagine how expensive it is to organise 6 months of touring, servicing, repairing and feeding the crew etc.

Its not like some fag vloging his turbo horns on his wrx

I can handle some sponsorship to see these guys do the epic adventures we all dream about
    The solo guys seem to do okay without becoming rolling infomercials. Just too many hangers-on to feed when you have a full crew.

Quote Originally Posted by da9jeff View Post
    The solo guys seem to do okay without becoming rolling infomercials. Just too many hangers-on to feed when you have a full crew.

Guys like ronny etc are using patreon, paying their own way, not going as hard offroad and arent doing anywhere near as much travelling (typically)

Ronny has lost funds and gone back to himself doing all the work.
    It's really surprising that little fuckers in the US can have 200-300k subscribers and have a dick load of cars and money... but Ronny isn't living it large - and will likely end up working for Patriot sooner or later.
    4xoverland has turned in to a video whore because he too has lost funds
    Built not Bought is more interested in posting stupid shit and selling it on his website than putting out the good content that he really can do

Gavin Gillet has done it right, do an epic adventure everynow and then, and turn it in to a business... he has a day job, a video job and a youtube hobby.

4WD Action has lost touch as well... gone from big epic trips down to shitty little ones that any person could go out on. I mean who gives a fuck about doing three hill climbs out in the sticks of NSW/VIC - go and explore the NT or SA.. they never fucken go any further than a tank of fuel from home base.

They've just done a month up the Cape so there will be some bigger videos out of that.

Ronny needs to make his videos more concise. They drag on I find, and the outback is boring as fuck after a while.

ASPW is getting too full of himself these days.

Out of the Aussie guys, I find Tyler Thompson the most watchable lately. He goes to plenty of different spots. Shows where he is on a map, it isn't secret squirrel bullshit. Does it all in a relatively stock ute. And puts out videos pretty regularly for a school teacher.

LROR is still good, old wog mate going "whoa!" never gets old.

What do you think about stainless snorkels? Dumb fad or good idea? Gotta admit they often look good, but only on modified 4x4s? Wondering if they'll go the same way as XRox bullbars, that is look good/ benefits on a heavily modified 4x4, but end up selling most of them to stockers.