Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Road/track car: Golf 7 R vs M135i. I need a schoolin'

I have heard precisely fuck all from BMW since ordering. I'm half expecting my car to randomly show up without any warning.

I've gone through the FRACGP Platinum service thing, so am expecting decent pricing. Medfin currently does 4.2% so they'll have to beat that, though.

I'm moving interstate so am getting rid of my M135i.

As much as I love it, I could never buy another one. I am just about giving it away to get rid of it! A bargain new, but considering the value decline I'm not sure it's such a bargain!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Purple View Post
    I have heard precisely fuck all from BMW since ordering. I'm half expecting my car to randomly show up without any warning.
    I got fortnightly updates from my Delivery Concierge for 6 months.
    Unfortunately they were literally “we don’t have a confirmed delivery date but will keep you updated as to when we do”.

It was more annoying than hearing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Purple View Post

I've gone through the FRACGP Platinum service thing, so am expecting decent pricing. Medfin currently does 4.2% so they'll have to beat that, though.
    I've heard nothing since getting a build week which has since passed nearly a month ago.

Helps me validate my decision to be the arsehole who must pay the absolute minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by wiggah View Post
    I've heard nothing since getting a build week which has since passed nearly a month ago.

Helps me validate my decision to be the arsehole who must pay the absolute minimum.
    BMW should provide the tracking number so you can track the car down the line, onto the ship and each port the ship docks at. They did for mine and I thought it was standard practice.

Screaming banshee
    When I bought my GT4 it was about 8 months between ordering to delivery. I had to chase them up to finalise the order/options and then I heard nothing for 6 months when I got an email saying 'hey, just noticed your car is hitting the docks in a couple of days. Can we have $220k please.'. It was one of the first in aus and the first for the dealership so when it arrived at the dealership I got messages from all my friends saying 'wow, is that your GT4, it's all over facebook', a day or so after they posted it to facebook the dealer decided to tell me.

By contrast when I bought my 86 I got regular updates, the tracking app/website worked well and when there was a (known) delay I was called by the dealer principal apologising that it was going to be a month later than they had hoped. I've learnt that the more expensive the car the worse the dealer service with Lexus being the exception.

Not always the case! I haven't had the opportunity to buy a new Porsche yet But I think the service levels are so dependant upon the actual dealer, dealer principal and staff that it's hard to generalise.

I've had wildly varied customer service from different BMW stealerships, and Audi stealerships also. Had absolutely shithouse service when buying the wife's CX9, to the point where I did the deal in spite of their service, not because of it. When I did finally buy the latest car (Audi) the dealership made a few mistakes, but the actual rep i bought from (corporate) was fantastic, very responsive, communicated brilliantly and sorted any issues / paperwork out within a couple of days turnaround. Like anything I think referrals are key when you find a good person/dealer to deal with!

My apologies to Brisbane BMW, the salesman e-mailed me this morning and let me know my car has just begun its build today. Looks like they only take a day or two to build, then he'll update me when it is loaded onto a ship.

The three month delivery estimate is looking pretty accurate!