Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 'Tourqe Lock' borg warner centres

fair thread dig, any updates on reliability of these torque lock rigs and gearsets that theyre sold with?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    some fucken busted ass peice of shit

Opens
    Mine hasn't broken yet. Only had a single run at the drags (as the car conked out half way) but did 11.1 @ 122. Other than that done a couple of thousand street km's - zero issues.

Edit - no idea on gearsets.

sweet thanks mate. may as well give it a nudge

Opens
    Still haven't broken it. Handful of 10 sec passes all leaving the line at 1.7 60ft. Launches and tracks straight every time.

I'm more worried about axles now than diff.

mine went in this week. looking forward to taking it down thw strip as soon as im home on a wednesday.

bit of drama getting the gearset fitted, diff shop reckons the r31 housing requires m75 gears and the dana m78 gears wouldnt fit in my housing. tuff car parts reckons you can make it work by machining the pinion and grinding housing.
    diff shop ground housing, pinion fit without being machined but there was a poor meshing pattern and it just wouldnt allow enough adjustment/shimming to make it work nicely. so ended up going with a genuine set of 3.9s.

Quote Originally Posted by caibs View Post
    mine went in this week. looking forward to taking it down thw strip as soon as im home on a wednesday.

bit of drama getting the gearset fitted, diff shop reckons the r31 housing requires m75 gears and the dana m78 gears wouldnt fit in my housing. tuff car parts reckons you can make it work by machining the pinion and grinding housing.
    diff shop ground housing, pinion fit without being machined but there was a poor meshing pattern and it just wouldnt allow enough adjustment/shimming to make it work nicely. so ended up going with a genuine set of 3.9s.

I had a big argument with them as a couple places said you would have to machine the gears (even 3.08) and its a cunt to get spot on. Tuffcarparts say nah nah fit in without mods, poor diff guy spent a few hours making it fit and now has a whine at decel. Not happy jan
    Quote Originally Posted by 50RTD View Post
    Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

yeah i wont deal with them again. after i said the diff shop fitted them and they wont work regardless of machining the pinion head (nothing had been machined, modified or used other than dummy fit), he said well theyre second hand now and we dont deal in second hand parts.

fair shout, thats their right as a business to make that call.

I've been using a Drivetech mechanical LSD in my VS BW75. Went in with 3.7 genuine Spicer gears with no mods or machining needed.
    It's done a few clutch kicks on the street and 5 launches at the drags with no fuss, works really well. No noises. Price was around the same as the Torquelock.

The diff shop did say Drivetech had stopped selling them for VE because of bolts coming loose and grenading diffs, something he has witnessed. No problems with the BW model.

Opens
    Quote Originally Posted by psi999 View Post
    Still haven't broken it. Handful of 10 sec passes all leaving the line at 1.7 60ft. Launches and tracks straight every time.

I'm more worried about axles now than diff.
    1.5 60ft now with mid 10s 1/4. Safe to say these things are pretty strong. You'd laugh if it ended up being stronger than the Eaton/Harrop things it was knocked off from.

Torque worm reviews? $495 delivered for a BW/Dana M86

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Borg-War...75.c1#viTabs_0

haven't read anything as yet. is it just me or does the quality look a bit average? personally id pay the extra and grab the torquelock.

I might buy one and pull it apart

I don't suppose one of you clever cunts could add an e-locker type mechanism on to one of these helical lsds? They are much nicer on the street 95% of the time than a detroit but not much point in the bush unless you left the handbrake on a few clicks.

I'd have a go on that ebay one.

Quote Originally Posted by Slides View Post
    I don't suppose one of you clever cunts could add an e-locker type mechanism on to one of these helical lsds? They are much nicer on the street 95% of the time than a detroit but not much point in the bush unless you left the handbrake on a few clicks.

I'd have a go on that ebay one.
    Most of them have a pre-load pack so no handbrake required
    Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR View Post
    the theory is the fuel pump is one of the only things that can fuck out on a diesel