Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Turbo selection for a 5.7 V8

You obviously want a cheap ebay spec turbo, so something with similar specs to this would be good:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/T04Z-2-T7...QAAMXQWzNSmGV7

Basically 66 max inducer with a p trim rear and a decent sized ex housing
    Quote Originally Posted by Babalouie View Post
    Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

BOOSTFARKIN
    Quote Originally Posted by vet 180 View Post
    You obviously want a cheap ebay spec turbo, so something with similar specs to this would be good:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/T04Z-2-T7...QAAMXQWzNSmGV7

Basically 66 max inducer with a p trim rear and a decent sized ex housing
    I have pretty much got one of these (pro boost version) but with a .82 ar turbine housing on a tired 308 and has full boost at around 2.2k rpm and a manual gearbag.

You used to be able to pick up a china spec one for cheap but they've all disappeared in recent times. If you come across a supplier though, post it up in here, I need one for a mates car.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben. View Post
    You used to be able to pick up a china spec one for cheap but they've all disappeared in recent times. If you come across a supplier though, post it up in here, I need one for a mates car.
    something like this perhaps?
    cheapie turbos

disclaimer: i have no idea if they are any good or not. just popped up on my faceballs feed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdyno
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripper
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Sorry I was referring to the manifolds yohoes asked about.

General Internet consensus is VS racing or On3 performance for cheapie turbos. "GT45" for absolute cheapness, or a 7875 is one feels like splurging a little.

PeterNot

Turbo selection for a 5 7 V8

How did the boost solenoid worksorry for the ignorance just trying to learn I havent pressure tested it yet but I read that that the car which that turbo came off of was preset to 8. How can I upload a pic of the turbo onto here?