Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trinkets and toys...come check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkman Don View Post
    All good pat man. Orchid is a type of flower, just see if you would be able to do the petal arrangement as it differs from the ones you already done?

Sorry to be picky, nopics likes them and I like your work so thought I'd ask
    Yeah just found a bunch of pics. Fuck they are weird looking alien arsehole looking flowers

But doable. Hit me a pm and I'll talk through some ideas

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk
    RIP Carly - a smile to light the world.
    06/07/2011

http://www.performanceforums.com/for...#post842594902 - making little toys for the big boys

So managed to get out into the shed today. Well got started yesterday but Anna took of with little Leo for a craft day, leaving me free to get stuck in for a few hours on a project she has wanted done for month.

We have a tiny house. And finding a good sized dining table has proven tough. So I set about making one to the dimensions her ladyship decided were proper.

I have had the steel for this table for like 6months, I just havnt been able to pull it all together.

Proved very rusty on the welder :/ it really is true what they say. Weld every dam day. If you don't you start getting rusty fast. Oh well. All the dodgy was hidden quite nicely with the paint lol.

I decided to paint the table top and the legs separately just so it was easier. Then I'll weld the legs on and only need a little touch up with the paint.

I also have a little plan to fit adjustable feet, but I need to go "borrow" some bits from work.

And the top is going to be some pine from bunnings that is on special at the moment lol.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk
    06/07/2011

http://www.performanceforums.com/for...#post842594902 - making little toys for the big boys

cunt
    updates?
    Quote Originally Posted by BeverlyHillsCop View Post
    I think u should marry her... slip the ring inside your ass and next time she goes in, she'll come out with a ring on her finger...

Hey man Shit onforgot about this lol...

The table is finished. I'll find some better pics but for now...

It's golden

Also today a good mate came round. It's a long weekend here so he is planning on staying there night so we can finish the rear exhaust of his ute

This is the factory rear end. It's an fpv pursuit purple people eater. He had a mid muffler delete and has been asking me to knock up a 2.5 twin rear.

Doesn't make much sense right now. But hopefully with a full day to finish things tomorrow we can knock it over

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk
    06/07/2011

cunt
    your welds are getting better!

that table looks like it could take a good romping session during a 9 richter scale event
    Quote Originally Posted by BeverlyHillsCop View Post
    I think u should marry her... slip the ring inside your ass and next time she goes in, she'll come out with a ring on her finger...

So I want sure where to put this post. It most certainly doesn't belong in the "shoe is your best welds" thread lol

But here goes. So I have a plan to make my own bike frames. I have been waiting on bits and pieces and various tools. Finally got the last of the bits together to start running some practice welds and such.

This stuff is tricky. 0.7mm thick. So fitup is important.

I have this bad boy...

From our mates at jd2. Today was simply about seeing how the tools I have worked together. The hole saws cut pretty nice. I need a bit more precision with the setup but for practice notches they are shiny.

The first attempt went quite well to be honest...

But then the second attempt went fucking shit. At first I thought I had got too cocky and over prepped the notch.

Then I realised, after an hour of ball scratching and questioning life choices, that the tube is butted. The ends are 0.7mm, but the central tube is 0.4mm. So I had cut and placed the notch and was trying to weld 0.4mm chrome Molly.

Turns out that's hard. who would have thought right.

So as disastrous as that joint was, I actually learnt a lot from it, so a win is a win right.

So now I'm chasing a length of straight guage to cut and practice a few dozen more times lol. Then I'll get big and brave and start hacking tubes lol

06/07/2011

Also apologies all the pics are at the end out of order... Tapaptalk seems to have had an update and won't let me place pics in the text....

06/07/2011