Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Blue haze

Dyno day tomorrow. Pulled the carbs and gave jets, tubes and needles a thorough clean. Put all to standard settings ( pilot air jet was wound all the way in for some reason).
    She starts first or second hand start from cold and first time every time when warm.

It also smokes like it should now. Neighbors are over the moon.
    Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MVLUV; 05-11-17 at 04:30 PM.

Opinionated Cunt perthdrivers.txt's Avatar
    cool thread and project, even though 2-stroke bike tech is completely alien to me

Are these becoming collectors items?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfturbomax View Post
    What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
    3x1UZ+1x2UR...

Quote Originally Posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post
    cool thread and project, even though 2-stroke bike tech is completely alien to me

Are these becoming collectors items?
    I don't think these will ever be collector items just semi desirable to sad blokes like me that had one or lusted after one when chambray shirts and stonewash was cool.

2t 500's are up to 20k depending on condition. Aprilia rs and honda nsr's are up to 12k depending on condition. RGV's are up to 8k. Enquired about an Aprilia rs250 a couple of weeks ago in Bris (local) for 12k with very low kays, didn't last a week.

Who's dynoing it?
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Andrew's 17 Mile Rocks

Cheers.
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

And then?

Made 62.6 hp, not far off the base. Very happy with the result.
    Is on the richer side of the tune which I am fine with.
    Interesting graph he showed me was time from 40km/h to 130km/h or something, it went from 14.5 seconds on base run to 8.5 seconds to get to the same speed.

Yeah wheel speed over time is a very under rated aspect of evaluating a tune. When I did mine I picked up 4hp peak but the 80-120kph roll on was a huge difference. Numbers on a page are great but it's the real world application is where you feel it.

62hp from 250cc sounds like a whole lot of fun !

Nice. Will be interested to see what my kitted VJ23 engine makes on the same dyno (when I finally get around to getting it sorted)
    Last edited by Gammaboy; 09-11-17 at 08:42 AM.

Roadworthy on Friday went through no problem. Spent a bit of time leading up to it making sure everything was working/legal. Had a conversation with the guy a few weeks ago and he said the tyga rear light was rubbish and I would need to do something about it. Found one online and it looks ok, was thinking get the paperwork done and rip it off but in the daylight the tyga light really is shit.
    Rear sets weren't a problem either thanks to oem item such as ducati not being folding type.
    Looked at replacing mirrors but as its a relatively small fairing normal mirrors would look awkward and I couldn't find any I liked any way. Ended up painting the original ones satin black.

Rego done on Friday also and got to take it for a 50k run today. Everything feels good, not real happy with part throttle but it reminded me my last one back in the 90's was the same. Another reminder was the head shake when the front gets light ( steering damper solved 90% of the problem on my last one).
    Motor and handling are the highlights the power and noise above 8k are great. Looking at speeds when giving it the beans shows is not really fast but the power delivery makes it feel like a missile.
    Can't wait to dial in the suspension as it already feels pretty good.
    Nuff said, I'm going for another ride....

Have been ripping around on this any chance I get and I have clocked up 160kms in the last week. 80 of that was to Mt Glorious which was awesome. The gearing makes the revs more accessible ( 2 up on the back and one down on the front). A couple of issues have become apparent.
    1. Right fork seal cactus. After the ride wheel and fairing doused in oil.
    2. Petcock leaks and float valve on right carb passes.
    3. Seat is impossible to live with. 60 mins or so to Glorious made me want to leave it up there. It's not just rock hard the seat edges are too square.

All these things can and will be fixed.
    The only other notable thing is the oil from the exhausts, after each ride there are oil dregs in the silencer outlets.
    Seems a little too rich to me as I didn't notice that much unburnt sploog on my old one back in the day.

Fork leg fixed. Guy fixed it on the spot and was very apologetic. Once seal was removed some rust spots were evident on the seal itself. Conclusion is seals were rusty proir to install.
    The plan for the guages was to put a digital display in with a carbon panel but the analogue dials have grown on me.
    I used a small portion of the carbon panel to make a bracket for the battery monitor.
    After putting it in I thought it would be a good spot also for a shift light in the future.
    Oh and that plank of a seat is also being seen to.

I for one am astounded the Tyga seat is uncomfortable.
    Nice bracket!

Not a lot done recently as the old girl has had more unplanned maintenance.

Petcock replaced with OEM unit.

Seat upholsterer has a large backlog so won't see the rebuilt seat till the new year.
    Don't want to miss a run to Glorious on Sunday so headed to kmart to buy a yoga mat to make a ghetto seat pad.
    Walked past a $2 seat pad and thought it is perfect.

Cut to size, bit of double sided tape...Done.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171121_072057-2656x1494.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	717.8 KB 
ID:	103758   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171211_142521-2656x1494.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	579.5 KB 
ID:	103759   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171213_170847-2656x1494.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	424.9 KB 
ID:	103760   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171213_170912-2656x1494.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	753.8 KB 
ID:	103761  

Started test fitting tyga fairing. Not a bad fit overall. The brackets supplied are a bit fiddly, but if I get them in a good position now hopefully it will save some headaches once the colour is done.
    I ordered some dzus fasteners to replace the phillips screws as I had them on my MV and found them great also no tools to remove so good when stranded and minimising the risk of scratches.

Started to tackle the belly pan. The fitting instructions say some bending of mounting brackets and cutting of fairings is inevitable.
    When the stand is retracted the foot was fouling the fairing so I drilled and tapped a 4mm thread for an adjustable stop and that solved that problem.
    I will have to open up the stand hole though as when retracting the stand the spring post clips the edge.
    Had to remove the d handle from the dsuz fastener near the rear set as the mounting hole is recessed, so much for my tool less removal.

The ignition barrel switch was a problem when I initially purchased the bike and since I did away with the keyed fuel filler I started looking into keyless ignition.
    RFID systems look ok but you still need a fob or chip stitched into your glove which is essentially something that you have to have with you.
    After looking further I found this

This will operate ignition via Bluetooth with their app, and as I allways take my phone when I go for a ride it fits the criteria of not needing anything extra to start the bike.
    If this sounds fussy it probably is but I want this bike to look and work as close to the picture and idea I have been building in my mind for nearly 3 years.

This unit will also make fuses and flasher units redundant. You basically wire all switch/button inputs to one side and outputs to the other. PLC for bikes.

This means I can pare back the switches required. Looking at something like these.

Last edited by MVLUV; 30-01-18 at 05:29 PM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	544504762.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	391.5 KB 
ID:	105608Click image for larger version. 

Name:	544504737.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	403.1 KB 
ID:	105609Click image for larger version. 

Name:	544504748.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	524.8 KB 
ID:	105610

Some pics from the paint guy.
    The decals he ordered have arrived so he can put the red on. The pearl white looks almost silver in the pics.
    The buttons in the above post have arrived and a zeeltronic is on the way for ignition, powervalve and air solenoid tuning.

I really need to get back into working on the Mito

Just checked on oldskoolsuzuki yesterday for updates....Nuthin.

Quote Originally Posted by MVLUV View Post
    Just checked on oldskoolsuzuki yesterday for updates....Nuthin.
    Lol. I actually posted an update yesterday!

Got another update from the painter today. Few more stickers to go then clear coat.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Jak Sie Masz! trent from punchy's Avatar
    beautiful.
    www.markpakula.com
    2017 Subaru Impreza Hatch - for the grind
    2015 Cervelo S2 - for the fitness
    2005 Honda Accord Euro - for the wife
    2010 BMW S1000RR - for the sanity

That looks great ! excellent work

Chairbourn ranger! Mike Lowrrryyy's Avatar
    That looks awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by S View Post
    I just want to apologise for some of my shit talking back around page 5.

\/ \/ My motivation \/ \/ ALLMTR's Avatar
    Yep, very nice! Well done!
    "Reacher figured if he could put that drivetrain in some battered old sedan body, then that would be his kind of car"

Mint. When it's finished, we'll have to catch up for a ride - hopefully it'll motivate me to get my shit together and finish the Mito.

Nice build, i still have the suzuki racing parts microfishce at work for these, all the different base gaskets etc etc
    No Power chips thanks