Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Greenslips...wtf??

For Sydney CTP we just paid $630 for the GT and $700 for the C63.

I always check the renewal costs on the letter vs their online quote. GIO wanted $900 for the GT but online was $630 so i called up and apparently there was a box or something that wasn't ticked on their quote which made a $270 difference.

We must run over a lot of people in Sydney. We probably should change the name to Los Santos....... (GTA V reference)

no mods, leave it stock Jack Nicholson's Avatar
    B̶e̶v̶e̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶H̶i̶l̶l̶s̶,̶ ̶C̶A̶ Baulkham Hills, NSW
    https://www.sira.nsw.gov.au/green-sl...n-slip-refunds

First I'd heard of this...

Just paid $1200 in ctp for two cars so would be nice to get some money back...
    Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR

Quote Originally Posted by Marv View Post
    Look, just because you drive a couple of imported luxo Pommy cars doesn't mean you need to act like an Imperialistic Lapdog and be the last bastion of defence for Straya The Beaut's mid-20th-Century ideals
    Quote Originally Posted by nutttr View Post
    People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Cool. I have car and bike greenslip/rego due this month.
    If you dig a hole and it is in the wrong place, digging it deeper isn't going to help.

Police warn that blow-up dolls are not recognised floatation devices.

Just renewed the Wranglers rego this morning and Greenslip with QBE dropped from $611 to $477 for 12mths. Looks like pricing reforms are actually real.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevil View Post
    Just renewed the Wranglers rego this morning and Greenslip with QBE dropped from $611 to $477 for 12mths. Looks like pricing reforms are actually real.
    Good news! As I have 2 motherfuckin regos up this month
    Quote Originally Posted by The Property Guru
    don't haemophrodites generally have tiny wangs?
    Quote Originally Posted by oxy View Post
    No, that's asians
    A80 Supra
    80 Landcruiser

Itís amazing that these greedy fuckers have gotten away for this for so long.

Iím curious to find out how much of a refund Iíll get on my ctp from November last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Einstein
    The definition of insanity is repeating the same action and expecting a different result

PF's #1 soft roader advocate Captiva Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carcrazy View Post
    Itís amazing that these greedy fuckers have gotten away for this for so long.
    In case you werenít aware, the cost reductions have come-about by reducing the actual covered amount by (potentially) literally millions per claim.
    You know how much a life of ongoing medical care can cost? Well CTP doesnít necessarily cover that any more. NFI who pays for it now, probably the Damaged Goods (third-party victim) I guess.
    Last edited by Captiva Fan; 03-01-18 at 07:24 PM.
    Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Yeah, looks like I'll just keep QLD rego thanks.

My registration is up this month on two of my cars-the 91 parts hauler is $24.44 for taxes and registration, and 1200$/year for minimum required coverage insurance. The 72 Z is $31.74 taxes and registration, and 408$ per year for complete comprehensive with $15k write-off coverage. (and I get to keep it if they write it off)

On the other hand, the turbo LS colorado will be 192$ for taxes and registration, and probably $4K a year for insurance. Ernest has "a few" points on his license over the last 15 years...and the insurance companies count *all* of them, even if they are only officially allowed to count the last 3 years...

The registration down under is a LOT more than ours here but some of the bigger cities/counties that do smog checks are more in line with what you guys pay. An hour south of me, the Z is unregisterable as it's "too old", and the parts hauler will be unregisterable there in 6 years. Even if they weren't too old only the truck would be registerable, as it retains a factory ECU and all the smog gear from that year's engine and ECU combo. Technically. If the smog guy wants to play by the letter of the law and not the interpretation that gets him an extra 1000$ payday.
    Last edited by Xnke; 05-01-18 at 07:14 PM.