Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Greenslips...wtf??

Fuck me greenslip for an old Hiace is now $1200, no wonder the lebbo's don't rego their shitters anymore. Fuck NSW Govco !

25 schmeckles? Do the safety dance.'s Avatar
    Yeah, just did Allmtr's old L300, $1217 fuck you very much.

AAMI sent me one for my FJ62 and I nearly had a heart attack at $1275. It has full comp insurance through Shannons, they offered me $780. Fucking massive saving!!

This is bullshit. I know everybody on PF earns $250k P/A, but really if you aren't earning big coin now in Sydney, you are genuinely being screwed. WTFBBQ ?

I'm about to NSW Blueslip/Greenslip an '88 CRX. I'll be interested to see what Shannons can do for me (2 cars comp insured with them) and equally interested in the rego cost given that the '88 is the lightest of the gen 2s at 880kg.

\/ \/ My motivation \/ \/ ALLMTR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Setanta View Post
    I'm about to NSW Blueslip/Greenslip an '88 CRX. I'll be interested to see what Shannons can do for me (2 cars comp insured with them) and equally interested in the rego cost given that the '88 is the lightest of the gen 2s at 880kg.
    Under 975kg it's all the same

http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/roads/regi...ion-costs.html
    "Reacher figured if he could put that drivetrain in some battered old sedan body, then that would be his kind of car"

Wtf? The calculators say around $600 which is bad enough. Why are you getting $1200 quotes? Do you have no licences??
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Quote Originally Posted by seedyrom
    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

17 yr old commercial vehicle with 1 tonne carry capacity = Arse raping.
    Actually looking at the breakdown structure, it's the MCIS levy that ups the premium, what a rort.
    Last edited by Potsy; 02-08-16 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Wtf? The calculators say around $600 which is bad enough. Why are you getting $1200 quotes? Do you have no licences??
    Are you typing in a Sydney address/postcode?
    "Reacher figured if he could put that drivetrain in some battered old sedan body, then that would be his kind of car"

I've got full points.
    It was the first greenslip on my Landcruiser since I bought it. I told the guy from AAMI my updated details and he said.. "thats great, it's now only $1095"

Just got a greenslip for the bike 900cc, Sydney Metro, 6 points, straight from Shanons: $417.

Meh not too bad

Got an email yesterday from the lease company for the CTP on the frogbox, $410 via Allianz. Rego is a very reasonable $353, 1600kg diesel stationwagon private use.

Greenslip on a 2000 commodore for a 30 yo with a clean record and no claims history in postcode 2000 (Sydney City) is $880 (cheapest)
    Same deal in my postcode is $597

i pay 690 rego and my insurance is thru suncorp for 400. i live in vic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty! View Post
    I like cars. Cars are cool.

Always looking for Triumph 2000 and 2500 parts and cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Setanta View Post
    Shannons cannot alter the price. What they give you is the price the NSW government give GIO (who underwrites Shannons' CTP as the NSW GovCo wouldn't allow Shannons a licence to do their own CTP)

PF's #1 soft roader advocate Captiva Fan's Avatar
    $590 for VF SSVR wagoon with Shannons, Sydney postcode.
    Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Our VF11 Redline was $590 as well through GIO. Sydney Red Zone postcode.

Same here $590 with Shannons early model bombadore
    an easy fix is get a mate to drive in front of you at 60 then 80 then 100 and mark in on your speedo with some liquid paper.

Quote Originally Posted by 308hjute View Post
    Our VF11 Redline was $590 as well through GIO. Sydney Red Zone postcode.
    GIO renewal arrived (which is odd I don't recall changing insurers last year), and it was $615 or thereabouts for us.
    Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

25 schmeckles? Do the safety dance.'s Avatar
    Shannon's use GIO.

is delicious
    Mine was just a touch over $600 with NRMA that's after all the loyalty discounts of having 4 (inclusive of this CTP) and I've never had any points docked off my license ever in the 20+ years of driving. Before too long, CTP will be more expensive than my comprehensive.

I am considering getting rid of one car if this goes on which I shouldn't expect it would go backwards. Considering I don't clock >5k km on them, it makes no financial sense other than sentimental reasons to keep the car.

Quote Originally Posted by smellytofu View Post
    Mine was just a touch over $600 with NRMA that's after all the loyalty discounts of having 4 (inclusive of this CTP) and I've never had any points docked off my license ever in the 20+ years of driving. Before too long, CTP will be more expensive than my comprehensive.
    There are loyalty discounts on CTP?
    I didn't think that happened; in fact, I thought it might not even have been allowed? I've had discounts on my non-CTP for having CTP, but not the other way 'round.

Little engine that could. itsnotagsr's Avatar
    NSW Gov greenslip comparison website is my go to.
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
    (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
    Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

^ Not always, but I've often had a cheaper price than what's stated there (only by something between a few dollars & maybe $20) by calling the best result from that site directly.

is delicious
    Quote Originally Posted by Captiva Fan View Post
    There are loyalty discounts on CTP?
    I didn't think that happened; in fact, I thought it might not even have been allowed? I've had discounts on my non-CTP for having CTP, but not the other way 'round.
    They do as part of the loyalty+tenure discount AFAIK. Otherwise, I've been ignorant and have been paying the lazy tax.

NSW the business state.

Just re-quoted mine. NRMA cunts want $1234... Shannons FTW at $829.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlin
    Chickens will slip under water in the cover of darkness like a seal team and FUCK YOU UP.

lol, paid my CTP and rego yesterday. Grand total $110.00

I'm in regional NSW, all are around $600 for a Subaru Outback, though for some reason QBE is well outside the curve at $500 so I'll go with them. I seem to remember it being around 400 last time.

This is captain obvious but never renew annually without checking out your options, they always creep it up. AAMI crept up my house insurance pretty badly and I renewed through someone else. They followed it up over the phone, and were able to magically reduce my premium by ~$500. It's always "oh, yes, I can see a way to reduce it, I'll just adjust this and do that....". Too late cunts!
    ----------------------------------------
    1965 Valiant AP6 Regal Safari 318, 1977 Chrysler Charger 265 - SOLD
    Web design and development on the South Coast of NSW - PF discounts, pm me

all you rightey liberal voters are getting your comeuppances now :P privatisation ftw hey guys? GUISE???!