Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Results 241 to 265 of 265

Thread: Bathurst 12hr 2017

  1. #241
    bitch lasagne Bob Vegana.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    United Nanny States of Australia
    Posts
    5,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Nicholson View Post
    It cuts Turbosurfer to the bone that SvG get's a drive at Bathurst, while he only get's to talk shit on an internet forum with people who don't like him?

    Maybe?
    SvG cut him out of a Formula Vee drive back in 1989.
    Quote Originally Posted by brewdles View Post
    In short, some cunt at test and tune had a 250cc honda turning to 11ty and it sounded porn. Do that.

  2. #242
    xxxx BoboTheMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    past the berrimah line
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by morerevsm3 View Post
    thanks for the link - great drive. You and Wade were stuck together like dogs for the first few laps.

  3. #243
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cronulla
    Posts
    1,263
    Told you know nothing I was racing formula fords in 1989.

  4. #244
    Like, whatever man Monk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Brisvegas
    Posts
    7,067
    Quote Originally Posted by morerevsm3 View Post
    That was enjoyable watching. Thanks.

  5. #245
    Opens
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,140
    While SVG to blame, IMAK Porsche didn't help by getting out of it on corner exit. Not the first time the owner has been too courteous or flustered by blazing lights and blue flags at the 12hr...or indeed at events elsewhere.

  6. #246
    Registered User Lurch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Country Vic
    Posts
    1,417

  7. #247
    Little engine that could. itsnotagsr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    At work :(
    Posts
    17,901
    Must be frustrating to be so fast over the mountain, then see the car you're chasing just blow past you on the straights!
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

    "In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
    (TM - AVENGE)

    "You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
    Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

  8. #248
    Registered Fatman Dark Orange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yeppoon
    Posts
    3,927
    Quote Originally Posted by itsnotagsr View Post
    Must be frustrating to be so fast over the mountain, then see the car you're chasing just blow past you on the straights!
    In the words of one of the first drivers they wired for sound in an early production-car Bathurst (A Car yard owner in a Corolla) "Yeah, the big V8's catch you on the straight bits again, but up here, I am the king and geeze it's a lot of fun!"
    Is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

  9. #249
    Registered User trdee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,783
    bob holden i assume?


  10. #250
    Little engine that could. itsnotagsr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    At work :(
    Posts
    17,901
    Wish we got those two doors here.
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

    "In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
    (TM - AVENGE)

    "You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
    Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

  11. #251
    TJzone TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    23,943
    Quote Originally Posted by turbosurfer View Post
    TJ this is what you are missing. Totally avoidable and unnecessarily contact and deliberately running into the back
    of Porsche resulting in who knows maybe $50,000 repair bill.SVG kept his boot on it the whole time all he had
    to do was lift but that was never on his agenda to do so he wanted that car in the wall.

    Flipperty Gimply Just fuck off you know shit.
    I'm not missing that at all?

    He fucked up, got punished, apologised.

    As we all know, in motorsport there isn't a pay for damage system, otherwise, yeah he would be liable.

    You hate the guy, no worries, but beyond it being a pretty shitty racing move there isn't much more to say there.
    #teamtremolo
    Quote Originally Posted by brasher
    TJ is 99% African American.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    And i'd still fuck Betty....

  12. #252
    Registered User Supashake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Roleystone
    Posts
    3,320
    GURU ENGINEERING PTY LTD

  13. #253
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Orange View Post
    In the words of one of the first drivers they wired for sound in an early production-car Bathurst (A Car yard owner in a Corolla) "Yeah, the big V8's catch you on the straight bits again, but up here, I am the king and geeze it's a lot of fun!"
    Could be wrong but I reckon you may be thinking of Peter Williamson in his Celica back in the 70's? He was the pioneer of in car cameras, I love watching some of his old stuff. He talks about it around 2:50 in on the first video at 2:20 in on the second one;



  14. #254
    Team Chapman Racing TCR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    2,385
    Fuck Leigh was close to going into the wall at The Cutting on Lap 1 in that IPRA video
    2015 Skoda Octavia RS162TSI
    2004 MX5 SE Turbo
    2016 Toyota 86 GTS (No Pics)

  15. #255
    Wait what? sirhsv's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Brizvegas
    Posts
    5,471
    Early bird sales for the campsites opened this morning for next years race.

    I've got a spot in Paddock.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sutherland Shires #1 Escort? is that like being the 4th best prostitute in Kazahkstan?

  16. #256
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    melbourne
    Posts
    414
    Guys,
    this is about to appear on the 12 hour website, thought I would post it here also. We are going to run 2 cars next year, and need a few additional steerers. Given the cost that we are charging for the drive, we have plenty of applicants already, but I want to get the best that we can get for the event. so I posting this to see who else is out there that may be suitable for one of our two cars.



    Partially sponsored drive with Daytona Sportscars available.

    Daytona sportscars is moving up to a two car team for the 2018 Bathurst 12 hour with the 7 litre Daytona Coupe as well as the 8.4 litre Dodge viper GT3 car.
    Both cars are already being prepared for this event with fresh running gear and the appropriate updates for the 12 hour.

    Both of these cars are capable of lapping in the sub 2:10 times with the right driver, and either car is a contender for a class win and a top 15 outright if all goes well.
    The Team is an experienced endurance racing team with members from Formula 1, V8 Supercars, and the professional motorsport industry.

    We are looking for one or 2 additional drivers who fit in within our team and who are focused on our goal of completing the race, and winning the class above their own individual goals.

    The drive is partially funded by the team owner, and as such, we already have many applicants.

    We would like to hear from drivers with the following experience
    *Raced at Bathurst previously
    *Raced a car with downforce and slicks
    *a number of years of quality racing experience

    The required budget from the driver for the race is $12,000 aud. We purposely keep this price low so that we can select from the best drivers, not just the wealthiest.


    Please send your expression of interest, along with your racing resume to:

    jamie.augustine55@hotmail.com

    We expect that only one or two of the drivers who apply here will be selected to come to the team test day (in November) where the final team will be selected.

  17. #257
    Team Chapman Racing TCR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    2,385
    What an awesome opportunity for someone. I fit the criteria, but due to a recent separation and having to buy another house a few months ago I just don't have the spare cash at the moment. At that price though, I don't think you 'll have any problem filling the seat with a decent steerer Jamie.

    Calling Cal!

    Best of luck with it all Jamie.
    Last edited by TCR; 31-08-17 at 09:24 AM.
    2015 Skoda Octavia RS162TSI
    2004 MX5 SE Turbo
    2016 Toyota 86 GTS (No Pics)

  18. #258
    Registered User Sonicevo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Central coast
    Posts
    1,036
    Wow, massive bucket list opportunity. Fark i reckon doing a sub 2.10 in a monster car like this would be fucking terrifying lol. Awesomely terrifying.

    Unfortunately i don't have any wings n slicks experience plus i'm on the other side of the world.
    Last edited by Sonicevo; 31-08-17 at 06:19 PM.

  19. #259
    Owns a Ferrari BeverlyHillsCop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Garage
    Posts
    4,376
    Calling turbosurfer....
    /csh Racing

  20. #260
    bitch lasagne Bob Vegana.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    United Nanny States of Australia
    Posts
    5,064
    I believe he needs a new ribbon for his typewriter.
    Quote Originally Posted by brewdles View Post
    In short, some cunt at test and tune had a 250cc honda turning to 11ty and it sounded porn. Do that.

  21. #261
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cronulla
    Posts
    1,263
    NO NO Im a bit surfed out some pretty big waves today so a bit happily tired.
    Pity a lot of you clowns dont surf because most of you kooks would of drowned today.
    Yes I doubt many if any on here would have the right licence but many would not understand
    that because most are pretenders on here the haters anyway.
    Good luck cossie like those things but I think you should try real racer website.
    If anybody could do 2.10s in it I would put my money on Jordan Cox or his money.
    Will Brown would be a good choice as well IMO.
    Last edited by turbosurfer; 01-09-17 at 08:07 AM.

  22. #262
    Moderator Cal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland
    Posts
    21,266
    Quote Originally Posted by TCR View Post
    Calling Cal!
    I'm trying to buy a Radical!
    The most dangerous risk of all - the risk of spending your life not doing what you want, on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later. - Randy Komisar.

  23. #263
    Registered User bigshipengine.jpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wollongong
    Posts
    6,370
    What an opportunity. My racing is limited to Daytona at the bowling alley and many years of Gran Turismo unfortunately. Plus im always broke.

    Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    It Places the lotion in the basket!

  24. #264
    Team Chapman Racing TCR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    2,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal View Post
    I'm trying to buy a Radical!
    They've always been on my radar too
    2015 Skoda Octavia RS162TSI
    2004 MX5 SE Turbo
    2016 Toyota 86 GTS (No Pics)

  25. #265
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by cossie55 View Post
    Guys,
    this is about to appear on the 12 hour website, thought I would post it here also. We are going to run 2 cars next year, and need a few additional steerers. Given the cost that we are charging for the drive, we have plenty of applicants already, but I want to get the best that we can get for the event. so I posting this to see who else is out there that may be suitable for one of our two cars.



    Partially sponsored drive with Daytona Sportscars available.

    Daytona sportscars is moving up to a two car team for the 2018 Bathurst 12 hour with the 7 litre Daytona Coupe as well as the 8.4 litre Dodge viper GT3 car.
    Both cars are already being prepared for this event with fresh running gear and the appropriate updates for the 12 hour.

    Both of these cars are capable of lapping in the sub 2:10 times with the right driver, and either car is a contender for a class win and a top 15 outright if all goes well.
    The Team is an experienced endurance racing team with members from Formula 1, V8 Supercars, and the professional motorsport industry.

    We are looking for one or 2 additional drivers who fit in within our team and who are focused on our goal of completing the race, and winning the class above their own individual goals.

    The drive is partially funded by the team owner, and as such, we already have many applicants.

    We would like to hear from drivers with the following experience
    *Raced at Bathurst previously
    *Raced a car with downforce and slicks
    *a number of years of quality racing experience

    The required budget from the driver for the race is $12,000 aud. We purposely keep this price low so that we can select from the best drivers, not just the wealthiest.


    Please send your expression of interest, along with your racing resume to:

    jamie.augustine55@hotmail.com

    We expect that only one or two of the drivers who apply here will be selected to come to the team test day (in November) where the final team will be selected.
    And www.shakedownracing.com.au is sponsoring either the Daytona Coupe or Dodge Viper at the Bathurst 12 hour, so feel free to help out.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •