Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fridges

My CFX50 is perfect as it fits under the hard lid of the hilux. Fits food and drinks for a family of 3 for 3 days camping, although i top up the beers. I originally bought the 75 as its the same height but wider, awkward to carry and a bit too heavy for one person when loaded up. The benefits of the two zones/doors were lost with the centre wall losing capacity too
    Quote Originally Posted by race6.3l
    Only gripes are the bluetooth and stereo are bread and butter spec, not one person has been able to hear me properly during a call, even with my head all contorted towards the roof mounted microphone like im trying to growl a chic sitting on a clothesline

Opens
    Ive got a CFX50 as well. great unit.

Picked up a CF80 second hand a few days ago. I looked up measurements online and checked with a tape that it would fit well where I was putting it but in hindsight it's probably too big. I'll have it over the beach for 2 or 3 days this weekend so I'll know for sure by the end. Being second hand I don't think I'll have much trouble getting close to my money back for it if it's not suitable.

keep me in the loop if you want to move it
    im a cunt
    and apparently i dont know shit...

@fatty my opinion of the 4wd supercenter stuff is it appears to be 70% as good as ARB but 10%-25% of the price.
    I am a retarded 747 captain who now sells waterslides in Perth.

I've found tentworld to be the cheapest for Dometic fridges, they were a couple of hundred cheaper for my CFX95 when I bought it, without checking them first.
    Otherwise Anaconda seems to be cheaper than BCF alot of the time.

Jeez, those Tentworld prices are good huh!! Add in Anacondas 10% price beat guarantee as they are local shops and you've saved a ton of money.

Not sure why you'd buy anything other than an Engel over a new Dometic Waeco when they are priced like that?
    Last edited by docile1; 17-02-18 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by docile1 View Post
    Jeez, those Tentworld prices are good huh!! Add in Anacondas 10% price beat guarantee as they are local shops and you've saved a ton of money.

Not sure why you'd buy anything other than an Engel over a new Dometic Waeco when they are priced like that?
    Yumcha fridges are often sub $500 and last.

Other brand bridges often test to have better efficiency than the Waeco etc, really depends on what you are using it for.

I love the Waeco 75/95 litre fridge exhaust/intake setup, much more space efficient.
    Parramatta Eels, 2009 Premiership rightful winners.

The thing that swayed me to the Dometic is the proper dual zone setup, 1 compartment for fridge and 1 compartment for freezer each with it's own lid. I have no doubt there are better fridges out there, but how much more expensive and phyiscally bigger are they? I'll probably use mine a few times a year in the back of the wagon. Suits me fine.
    I wouldn't think about using it in the back of a ute for weeks on end in the outback, it's not designed for that.

whats the dif between the CF and the CFX?
    I am a retarded 747 captain who now sells waterslides in Perth.

Bought a CFX75 on the weekend. What swayed me to the slightly bigger one (was going to go CFX60) was the seperate compartments.

Also not sure why a fridge needs wifi, but here we are!
    Last edited by womblesti; 19-02-18 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ Shermuz View Post
    whats the dif between the CF and the CFX?
    Cf is old shitness, cfx and now the cfx wifi or whatever its called are new hotness. Most of the cheap knockoff fridges seem to be re branded cf models (kings etc).

Another one to look at is the Ironman fridges. Another waeco copy but have a good rep and solid warranty from my research a few years ago.

I have a mr40f plastic engel. Around 500 cheaper than a metal engel, no digital crap. Only thing it lacks is a voltage cutoff but ill be running dual batts so that doesnt really mater.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Tow car/camping bus: 2011 D40 Navara ST

Daily: Honda Civic EK1 Hatch

Baby mobile: 2016 Nissan Qashqai

75 Mini Clubman club racer - DCOE powah

Quote Originally Posted by 10sec rx7 View Post
    anyone used a 4wd super centre fridge??
    The older models could also be used as a cooktop
    https://www.campertraileraustralia.c...ridge-recalled

I personally use Engels for work, they are expensive and heavy but after 50,000 plus km of dirt roads sitting on an open tray I have never had a failure. I tried an evakool plastic model (waeco copy) and after 1000km the compressor cracked which they replaced under warranty but it is now the beer fridge in my shed.
    BeamTina

Quote Originally Posted by womblesti View Post
    Bought a CFX75 on the weekend. What swayed me to the slightly bigger one (was going to go CFX60) was the seperate compartments.

Also not sure why a fridge needs wifi, but here we are!
    Wifi seems like a wank but it's actually bloody handy for keeping an eye on the temps as you go. Or in my case finding the fridge wasn't powered up.

went and brought a new caravan... got them to do a deal I couldn't say no to on a waeco cfx95 wifi thingy... I think it will do what I need it to lol
    im a cunt

Perfect for keeping those those dead bodies fresh when you need to move them and don't want them smelling up the car
    Only gripes are the bluetooth and stereo are bread and butter spec, not one person has been able to hear me properly during a call, even with my head all contorted towards the roof mounted microphone like im trying to growl a chic sitting on a clothesline

yours will be the first in it
    im a cunt

It's been a tough Christmas, I'm a little more than 95 litres worth

Lol
    im a cunt

So after a few years it looks like the 12v side of my Primus 80l fridge has packed it in over the weekend. Still runs the lights and internal fans but the compressor never kicks in. Works mint on 240v.

What should I be looking for as the culprit to get it going again, given everything else works perfectly surely it's a simple switch or internal fuse?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimi View Post
    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnitzelburger View Post
    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    So after a few years it looks like the 12v side of my Primus 80l fridge has packed it in over the weekend. Still runs the lights and internal fans but the compressor never kicks in. Works mint on 240v.

What should I be looking for as the culprit to get it going again, given everything else works perfectly surely it's a simple switch or internal fuse?
    Nearly every time this happens it's the cigarette adaptor cable broken / low voltage.

Cut end off / replace with Anderson 50 amp or something else suitable.
    Parramatta Eels, 2009 Premiership rightful winners.

We went on a holiday with a bunch of friends in Jan and our food got soggy in an esky again while all of these cunts had fridges and dry food...I cracked the shits and started looking for a fridge the first day we were back..got talked into an engel and out of a Kings by a bunch of Engel elitists...have done a dual battery with the Titan rear drawers in my navara with a Steel 60L engel...having a carton of beers in my car at 1 degree at all times is fucking awesome

Get 4 days with the car not being started at all before the fridge doesnt work anymore either...this is the best thing ive ever done to a 4WD

I love it

Engel fucking expensive though
    www.vapeboss.com.au - big discounts for PF Cunts, PM me for a code

Quote Originally Posted by MartyHusseinXF View Post
    Nearly every time this happens it's the cigarette adaptor cable broken / low voltage.

Cut end off / replace with Anderson 50 amp or something else suitable.
    Cheers, will look into this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimi View Post
    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnitzelburger View Post
    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Probationarily unbanned
    Sketchy: either Tim or I can put Deutsch DT connectors pto it for you, if you have got the kit to do it yourself.
    Don't worry, thats just the self-preservation instinct, in my experience you can safely ignore it.

Been following this for a bit, just dropped the cash on an evakool tmx65. Rebadged waeco job. Will report back on it when we've clocked some miles with it
    Last edited by Kyle; 30-03-18 at 01:06 PM.

fwiw i bought a snomaster 72ltr dual zone fridge. it's fucking fantastic. taking frozen food on a 14 day camping trip is magnificent. chews the batteries tho, need to get some solar panels.

can confirm waeco cfx95 can cool 3 cases and keep my beer at -2 even while kids open and close it to get their drinks out of it... fucking awesome fridge
    im a cunt

We had our first two night camp over Easter with the waeco 75. Great fridge. The battery and solar setup basically kept it 100% charged and only dropped to 90% overnight. Much better camping than with icy water and an esky.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Been following this for a bit, just dropped the cash on an evakool tmx65. Rebadged waeco job. Will report back on it when we've clocked some miles with it
    Never ended up getting this, supplier on b/o..

Borrowed a CFX50 from friends for last weekends trip, Worked great until my 2nd battery ran a little low (I was powering 2x fridges and some led lights all weekend) and the waeco shut off. Overnight the temp went from ~0c to 7c. Was surprised by this, the ambient temp where we were camping was probably 5c overnight.
    Might try one of these new adventure kings ones https://www.4wdsupacentre.com.au/pro...-portable.html

WiFi in a camping fridge. Seriously.