Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fridges

Forgot to mention when I got the thing home I plugged into the mains and tested it, went from 20*C to -22*C in both compartments in under 2 hours which I thought was pretty bloody good. Granted that's while empty in a 24*C room but was still impressed.

Holy crap that's big

Ps. got the 40L Stirling one from Aldi personally
    no complaints
    basically a re-branded/knockoff Primus
    (same Danfoss BD35F compressor as the Waeco CF50)

was $499 with a (gay looking) blue bag
    2003 GU PATROL
    1992 R32 GTST SKYLINE
    1986 4WD HILUX

Quote Originally Posted by MartyHusseinXF View Post
    Because the industry is huge, _everyone_ will tell you that you need to run dual batteries and sell you expensive chargers/boxes/etc etc for them but it's not true.

The good fridges include voltage cut off switches.
    Most fridges will be OK for maybe 24hours but a dual battery setup just makes life so much easier and if you've already spent 1.5k on a fridge another $500 isnt so bad and can be more easier than solar.

I run a Dometic/Waeco CFX65DZ but remember that everytime BCF run Waeco/Engel specials Anaconda will beat it by 10%. Huge savings.

Yeah, I've set mine to shut off at 11.8V. At the moment I'm using the OE rear power socket, the next car will have a proper power socket installed.

\/ \/ My motivation \/ \/ ALLMTR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by docile1 View Post

I run a Dometic/Waeco CFX65DZ but remember that everytime BCF run Waeco/Engel specials Anaconda will beat it by 10%. Huge savings.
    The anaconda manager I spoke to today said they won't beat "club member" discounts from bcf (which is the way bcf does it's sales)
    1jz Rolla Van ....... 10.5 at 134mph

"Reacher figured if he could put that drivetrain in some battered old sedan body, then that would be his kind of car"

Maybe he's trying to call your bluff?

BCF had Waeco CFX65DZ's on special for $999 with a free cover about 5 months ago and my local BCF didn't have any so i asked the bloke at Anaconda if they price matched and provided there was still stock at at least 1 BCF in Perth they were happy to do so. Then old mate pointed to the big sign at the front door that said they beat any advertised price by a further 10% and i walked away with the updated CFX and cover for $900

One big thing is that i'd look at an anderson connection over the standars cig socket plug. Its ok for general road use but for 4wding it just comes loose.

Probationarily unbanned
    Quote Originally Posted by docile1 View Post
    One big thing is that i'd look at an anderson connection over the standars cig socket plug. Its ok for general road use but for 4wding it just comes loose.
    I originally had my Waeco setup on an Anderson SB50, but these days I run a Deutsch DT. Even a big fridge like the CFX95dz draws under 10 amps so is well inside the capability of the DT-series connector and they're a lot less bulky than an SB50.

That said, I think I've got enough adaptors to plug my fridge into anything from the space shuttle to a 1850s steam train.
    Don't worry, thats just the self-preservation instinct, in my experience you can safely ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR View Post
    The anaconda manager I spoke to today said they won't beat "club member" discounts from bcf (which is the way bcf does it's sales)
    Maybe not for normal retail customers, but the Anaconda club member price was cheaper than the BCF club member price. I also prefer dealing with my Anaconda store over the BCF one. As an aside, last time I was in my local BCF they had deleted a shit load of products/very little actual stock.

Quote Originally Posted by hotgemini View Post
    That said, I think I've got enough adaptors to plug my fridge into anything from the space shuttle to a 1850s steam train.
    lol
    2003 GU PATROL
    1992 R32 GTST SKYLINE
    1986 4WD HILUX

Oops, so because the CFX95DZW is a big bastard, it just made looking for a new car a tad bit harder. Looks like I'm going to have to drag the bloody thing with me when I take an Everest for a test, along with some tools to pull the handles off it since I was told today it's a tight fit in an Everest.