Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Fridges

Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    WiFi in a camping fridge. Seriously.
    Yeah man yeah I know.. I don't completely buy into it lol

You can set the battery protection in it to three levels, set it to low if on the 2nd batt - might have avoided the shut off, but I get your point regarding the temp increase while off
    Quote Originally Posted by race6.3l
    Only gripes are the bluetooth and stereo are bread and butter spec, not one person has been able to hear me properly during a call, even with my head all contorted towards the roof mounted microphone like im trying to growl a chic sitting on a clothesline

Quote Originally Posted by ITS60S View Post
    You can set the battery protection in it to three levels, set it to low if on the 2nd batt - might have avoided the shut off, but I get your point regarding the temp increase while off
    Yeah I was really surprised by the big jump in temp, I reckon it was off. For maybe 6 hours through the middle of the night. My mates Engel 40 which I was also powering just kept on trucking without shutting off, so I figured it was the battery protection settings..

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Fuck it.

Went to BCF rutho for a bit of a browse this arvo, specifically went to look at the oztent RV's and was impressed... but anyway.. I stumbled across one lonely box which happened to have a waeco cf50 pack inside. BCF advertised these a while ago as a runout at $699, but went out of stock everywhere. So as soon as I saw this I dragged it to the register and swiped that card

Name:  CF50-PACK.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  44.7 KB

We took a 50L away last weekend for 3 days and although it was loaded to the hilt, it worked perfectly. So this should do us well

Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    WiFi in a camping fridge. Seriously.
    The WiFi is to allow remote monitoring/adjustment of the fridge, it is handy to have.

I set my fridge with a dial and don't think about it again. Never fluctuates more than a few degrees either direction. I don't need hour by hour updates on how it's feeling.

My techni ice has its own solar charged remote. Its handy as fuck.

On a recent trip it was in the back of the ute and the ciggie lighter kept vibrating out, i could tell exactly when it happened coz the remote would stop comminicating with the fridge.

Then a couple of weeks a go i did 8 days in the high country with it. This time i cut the ciggie lighter off and hard wired it to my (only) battery, but at the start of the trip i got a noisy alternator. Throughout the trip i was able to keep an eye on the battery voltage to make sure it was still hunky dory. During the day whilst driving, id set the temps right down, then when parked for the night, bring them back up again. Would have been a bitch to do off the fridge with shit loaded all around it.
    Also coz i only have 1 battery, id start the car every now and again to charge it. And again, i was able to tell when the battery was topped up. The cunt also has a small LED torch built in, which was handy because my torch charger crapped out!

On another note. The poor old fridge copped a hiding in the high country bouncing around in the back of the ute, other shit bouncing all over it, dust EVERYWHERE over it, doors slammed etc. And it performed admirably! Very happy so far. The bottom of the fridge bag didnt fair quite so well though.
    Last edited by MRMOPARMAN; 29-04-18 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Shocking spelling
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdyno
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripper
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Keep an eye out for the waeco warehouse sales a few times a yr. I got a cfx75 for $1,000, save about $800.

Opens
    Just picked up another waeco. wifi CFX28 with the ebay 10% off sale for $600 delivered. perfect little dedicated freezer for the camper.

Quote Originally Posted by da9jeff View Post
    Id go the cfx as a minimum, the old cf series seemed to have a few issues.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Delayed reply for those reading this in future.

The biggest issue with the old CF series was the thermostat fucking up at some point. Some models are piss easy to change this part (youtube has several guides), other models are a little tricky and it might be worth buying an external thermostat from ebay for fuck all.