Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 1m

2012 1m

Thought I needed to get into something new but 'old' enough to remain basic. RWD, Manual gearbag, hydraulic steering, not quite 2 tonne yet. Unfortunately F/I fasts and vacuum noise but that's ok.
    It was between this, Z4M, torn and swede-spec'd E46 M3s, M235i/M135i.

Faecal colour with diverticulitis and non wog-spec silver wheels.

Already broke the charge pipe, no skid pics yet. Typical krautmobile.

Will throw an intercooler, exhaust unburned fuel trickery on it until the platform matures and makes more advances.
    Probably better get a charge pipe too.
    Last edited by gmx; 17-10-16 at 08:43 PM.

I love these things, nice.
    Panzer Wagen

M-Cars follow the idea that power should be felt & not seen

Nice. What sort of $$ are these worth now?
    Quote Originally Posted by thebluerx7 View Post
    The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Opens
    Very nice. I was just looking at the M2 - that's a lot of car for the money for a new car too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jones View Post
    Sneakers prompted the erection. Engine stand made me do something with it

Quote Originally Posted by I'm DJ! View Post
    Nice. What sort of $$ are these worth now?
    A stupid amount. I ended up buying off a dealer and probably overpaid a little bit in comparison to what I knew recently sold. I'll dump that list once I'm the home PC. I got sick of searching and dealing with private market golf hat folk.
    I came across a lot of people that pull the lame lines like 'theres only a few in Australia', 'its a rare car'. The advertised prices have fluctuated a lot. Initially I looked forward to a white one but the orange is growing on me. Who cares, you sit inside anyway.
    Anywhere from 60-70 depending on mileage and condition. Some higher mileage cars have sold in the high 50s.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Nice pickup. Didn't consider an E90 M3 instead of the E46?

Quote Originally Posted by [SPESHAL] View Post
    Nice pickup. Didn't consider an E90 M3 instead of the E46?
    Yeah an E46 is about half the money you're talking for a 1M and about 10+ years older tech wise.

These are close to 2 tonne?!?!?! Did I read that right??
    #WHOTW award winner #blessed #susanalbumparty

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ed View Post
    These are close to 2 tonne?!?!?! Did I read that right??
    You read it right, it was written I'll say "misleadingly".

About 1.5 tonne apparently. Ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_1_...s_M_Coup.C3.A9

Yeah, it's a bit more with the AU Spec fat ones. idrive, nav and probably other shit tips it over 1500kg. I think anything over this weight regardless of how well technological advances "hide" it, is a luxury. Something newish, but still 'old' and a little character. A 2000 A4 with it's guts ripped apart 11ty times, is still probably faster, not as much compromise but I'm sick of breaking shit all the time plus the consciousness that comes with it.

I did briefly consider an E92, but like someone alluded to (and myself actually), the current owners think it is worth way more than they think. I get on good with the some of the guys at a local dealer (PM me if you want BM parts cheaper than RRP in Sydney), and some of the things that let go on E9xs are costly esp without any warranty. Manuals are hard, expensive to come by, plus I don't really think it suits the car. Don't need E90 four doors. Low sales/rarity in Aus shouldn't really influence your buying decision imo.

Actually, the 3.15 diff in the 1M is straight out of the E9x DCT M3, and it is too long imo. That would probably be one of the things to do within the next year.

It would've honestly been the Z4M, bit more inline within initial budget. It is hard to find a coupe. The one I test drove had a weird hesitation problem at WOT and it didn't feel as powerful as other S54 cars I tested. I actually think this will be a future classic despite looks and the iron lump up front. The only trap is age and getting into the routine of replacing wear n tear shit again. Don't mind it, knees and time availability do.
    Last edited by gmx; 01-09-16 at 02:14 PM.

There is a orange 1M at Hunter Holden Ryde, it has sat there since Feb and still hasn't sold. Is it a shit box or over priced? You may have seen it on carsales. http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/de...12267516/?Cr=1

I drove past it last Saturday, it's a shitbox because it has gloss black wheels. The one to avoid is AW with che23j rego from memory

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

edit:

Quote Originally Posted by XXX19X View Post
    There is a orange 1M at Hunter Holden Ryde, it has sat there since Feb and still hasn't sold. Is it a shit box or over priced? You may have seen it on carsales. http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/de...12267516/?Cr=1
    10k overprice.

A recent Syd VO was last listed for private sale at $69k with similar kms.

Here's a list+ some notes from inspections and test drives over the last several months:
    1M Sold history:
    12k km 2012 build, JB4, axle back exhaust, 69k list
    33k km 2012 build, VO, stock, 66900 list (WA)
    56k km 2012 Build, AW, interim oil changes, hwy ks, 63k
    55k km 2012 Build, VO, QLD 62k (QA)
    8k km, 2012 Build, AW, Throttle shop - sold for $73k
    27k km, 201x Build, AW NSW - Sold for $67k
    36k km, 2012 Build, AW Kirribilli/Balmain. Leaking Steering pump, wants ~67k as is.
    29k km, 2011 Build, Chip in windscreen and a scratch on the bonnet. Wants 68k minimum. This is the same fuckwit that raised his price to 70+ when the good value ones dried up. LOL. Gone now.
    10k km, 2012 Build, AW priv sale for $68,500 The Steal of the bunch.
    12.5k km, 2012 Build, AW, chip on bonnet, gash on side skirt, wheels curbed, seat bolster wear/marks. Bought for 80k, tried to sell for 80k -lol. Gradually brought price down. Wanted 70 minimum.
    Last edited by gmx; 01-09-16 at 05:41 PM.

Skid videos not loading
    Last edited by spindoctor; 01-09-16 at 06:45 PM.

Bit of a shitfight getting it sorted under Prem Selection warranty. The local dealer fucked up so hard and once they got it 'right' they still wanted to charge an investigation fee despite the photo sitting in their inbox in addition to labour to replace if required (italics?)
    Investigation includes a complimentary thrash up and down Hotham Pde of course to realise the car barely makes boost and push WGDC to blow the welds off the manifold.
    Cunts didn't even offer a tow.

Anyway, will be sorted elsewhere bit further away with a free tow + replacement as it should be.

So it's fixed.
    Lacks traction. Apologies for weak pic:

I feel Juan is naturally more suited to LS. I've been thinking of 'baby shit' but it isn't quite VT Commodore yellow nor orange.

Next things to do:
    Nankangs on 18s.
    Last edited by gmx; 17-10-16 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gmx View Post
    So it's fixed.
    Lacks traction. Apologies for weak pic:
    Pic is very "weak".

Quote Originally Posted by Shonky View Post
    Pic is too "weak".
    Fixed, vids will come like at Salim's wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by Shonky View Post
    Pic is non existent.
    Fixed properly.

Little engine that could. itsnotagsr's Avatar
    Had dramas at Artarmon service shop too. Now I take it to Parramatta. Better service, but less convenient.
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
    (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
    Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Have a go with Brookvale especially if it's slightly more convenient for you.

The A4 is still slightly faster, this needs to change.

Vid pics?
    The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Yeah I think the best way I'm going to get vids is from a gopro. No cunt want's to hold my camera unless it's shallow faggots that snapchat (not welcome).

Anyway, cleaned it today after a thick layer of dust, debris from WTAC parking.

Agreed to a deal for used Turbotits Kompact DVs. K must be for Kraut. Plus an ER aluminium charge pipe. This will allow reliable fasts and of course, skids.
    Last edited by gmx; 17-10-16 at 08:37 PM.

We (well I) still can't see your latest pics.

Ha, thought you were taking the piss. Fixed permissions.
    Skid Pic is fixed, however unworthy. Would like to get some PPF before burning more rubber.
    Any recommendations in Sydney? Is it pointless getting some paint protection product if you go with a film? Film is really only for the impact areas and front end.
    Last edited by gmx; 17-10-16 at 08:48 PM.

Ceramic Pro

Small update:

The only feasible way to acquire fasts is clear out the OEM junk I have laying around from the previous project.
    Wisely decided to part this shitbox out on a got & humid Sunday:
    Large Garrett IC, External oil cooler and S4 bumper gone:

Can confirm it now pulls timing up top on this hot & humid night.

Acquired the following for reliability:

Will be made more reliable using proper clamps and not shitty T-Bolts. Don't get the American love affair with tapered threads, imperial sizes n shit, and of course, shit clamps like T bolts especially on Aluminium pipe.
    Last edited by gmx; 05-02-17 at 11:08 PM.

Nice

Don't usually care too much about cosmetics but it looks okay, I think:

Since the broken throttle body pipe last August, the new OEM one has slipped off 3 times despite adjustment. Unfortunately the dude I bought the aftermarket alloy pipe from has left remnants of stripped screw where the MAP sensor goes. Got most of it out, however I'm not 100% sure if this American contraption replaces OEM metric stuff with their imperial shit (that fucking aftermarket trend needs to die, stop replacing metric with your own imperial bullshit Murican cunts). Why do it for?

Anyway picked this up for a decent deal:

It's a heavy fucker, about 6kg heavier than the OEM tube/fin. Overall, it's a bit meh if I had to be honest. They weld on the quick connect couplers to the cast end tank. I don't see a reason why they couldn't make a tube/fin version with the quick disconnect fittings rather than beaded tube. Irks me a bit, but whatever. Should be good enough for time being.

Further pondering, leads me other water/methanol injection for IAT suppression especially seeing this in the M4 GTS. Bosch claims it'd be ready for mass-market around 2019. Anyway, I give no fucks and am just interested in the pump.
    Local guy had a 5L 5055-H34 tank installed next to the battery. Is this shit going to explode with methanol in it?

Exhaust requires more noise. Most of it is wank and overpriced, the exception being downpipes because we all know they provide best fasts and response.
    OEM TD03-10TK3 is about 22lb/min I think with a 35.1mm turbine exducer. I would think a pair of 3" downpipes necked down to 2.5" dual exhaust is overkill for this turbine. But this leads me back to B5 S4s and 2.5" vs 3" downpipes debate on K04-025/6s (about 25lb/min each, 42mm exducer IIRC), you gained a tiny bit up top with the 3" downpipes however the plumbing and layout of the turbos on either side of the V pretty ends up being much straighter piping without as many bends unlike this engine:

PF input?

Why not just add a tune and downpipes from someone like BMS like everyone else with a N54/55 does? If you want to add water/meth they do kits for them that integrate with the JB4.

There's only a select few downpipes that fit RHD and BMS isn't in that list. I don't even think BMS make their own. If they resell or package VRSF, then yes, those are one set of downpipes considered. They're the cheapest for good reason as well and I'll avoid them if I can. Doesn't answer my question on sizing relative to turbine size plus unavoidable bends.

BMS make a nice plastic battery bay tank for some of the F series cars. Unfortunately trying to stick that tank in an E series is like attempting to fit a square into a triangle void. The only way is custom and the guy uses 5055-H34, hence my question. There is no generic tank that will fit in this location, it will be easier and a much better way to run and attach the pump as well with bulkhead fittings.