Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: $800 shit heap EP71

He signed his name at the top as part of the receipt i.e "I Joe Bloggs sell this car" the Joe Bloggs bit being his signature. They got shitty because he didn't write his name, then sign separately.

The bloke actually goes "for all I know this could be fake". Ironically the real receipt doesn't get used, instead my mate comes down and just writes up one instead. A receipt is not proof of current ownership, not sure why they even bother requiring one when there is no way to prove it is legit (I bet they take no responsibility for accepting a fake receipt say if the car were stolen and a signature forged).

Bought a C52 & C56 gearbox, seller isn't 100% sure on condition of both so surely I can make a good one out of both
    Last edited by foamy; 18-04-17 at 10:39 AM.

C series boxes are pretty simple to build, we can split them all, find the best, toss the LSD in and go forth and spin both wheels.
    You will need bearings for the diff center if you want to start buying things, I've got a gasket kit for a C52 as well. Has seals and shit.
    Its a Cusco 1 way btw
    Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    Fuck I'm retarded

Fuck yeah proper skids time.
    Are there any differences in diff ratios? Between the boxes?

Probably go from a 3.7 to a 4.0 or 4.3 with a C52/C56;
    No idea whats ideal, it doesn't have a huge rev limit so the low gearing might not be great but maybe the 4.3 would keep it peppy when its not on full chop.

That said, if you could cross the 1/4 on the rev limiter in 4th doing 120mph that would be the gearing to have;
    Probably need 200fwkw and some suspension but its a goal lol
    Fuck I'm retarded

If you ever have to sell the thing, use this photo
    Fuck I'm retarded

That's it! Looks awesome.
    DJ's don't need sigs

What is the rev limit on it?
    Even if you only went 4:1 it would still be a noticeable difference.
    200fwkw? Did you ever find out if this thing had a built motor? If so, injectors, e85 and 18psi may get you some of the way there haha

Who cares if its built or not, pretty sure its going to get pushed regardless
    Fuck I'm retarded

More boost cunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Euronymous View Post
    What is the rev limit on it?
    Even if you only went 4:1 it would still be a noticeable difference.
    200fwkw? Did you ever find out if this thing had a built motor? If so, injectors, e85 and 18psi may get you some of the way there haha
    Limiter was around 7000rpm (wasn't paying too much attention when it was flying around the khana & drags lol).

E85 would be incredibly easy to do, can access the pump from inside the cabin. Fuel rail is a whole 2 bolts.
    Motor was apparently built and at some point apparently made 180fwkw.

Plan is do the box, fix driveshaft > throw it down the strip > Marulan > aftermarket ecu, pump, injectors, E85, 18psi and hold the fuck onto the steering wheel.

Somebody on Facebook had a Glanza with slicks and a built motor and is apparently coming next year to Dubbo to take quickest FWD @ the drags. I will be returning to defend my title

Haha the torque steer with 200kw would be nuts. Hit boost, change suburbs.
    This on m/t radials would look tough as fuck

Congrats on the purchase and getting it registered.

Stick with the factory 3.7. My starlet was hitting the limiter just after the line at 127mph in 4th (7500rpm) on 22" tires. Factory gearing is well suited to drags. Try "starlet parts" on facebook for a gearbox. I think he may still have my rebuilt c52 with welded diff.

Not for a lack of work on the car, just long periods between parts showing up & too sad to take photos of busted shit haha.

So after Dubbo, there was a horrid noise coming from the front end somewhere. I suspected the driveshaft was at fault, however it turned out to be 'simply' a wheel bearing. The wheel bearing must of failed some time during the drive back, because it was metal on metal by the time I hit Sydney. The hub itself had been machined down by the bearing. Luckily Gear Repair in Chipping Norton had lots of experience with this kind of thing and some cash money later a sleeve was fitted onto the hub and the front end back together.

Should probably mention (in case anybody else here buys an EP71 and needs to replace a hub) that the series 1 EP82's hubs are more or less identical. Series 2 and the centre bore increases meaning the rotors won't fit. EP91's are slightly different again. None can be bought new (except for EP91) so the only option are 2nd hand or repair. No EP71 / 82's were available so I got mine fixed.

Car sat on the hoist for a couple of weeks, came back to fit the hub & noticed a puddle of brake fluid on the ground. Turned out the master was weeping from the rear seal. Sent it off to be rebuilt. Having a bit of a prick of a time bleeding up the brakes. The distribution block is split between drivers front/ passenger rear & passenger front / driver rear. One side bleeds up mint, the other side seems to have an airlock somewhere and I can't get it out. Master has been bench bled, tried bleeding with the brake pedal & vacuum pump but to no avail. Probably will try cracking the line at the distribution block to see if that helps....

Ahh fuck! That sucks

Cool to see it made it to Dubbo and back in one piece
    BF XR6 Turbo - 2L Turbo TE - 75 TX Coupe

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Has to be a air lock;
    Crack the lines at every join.
    Fuck I'm retarded

yeah good luck on the brakes. keen to see some vids of this thing fknwooshing
    DJ's don't need sigs

Brakes were doing my head in. Got one of the guys who runs a workshop up the road to come lend a hand. 1.5hrs later (and master off and on again 4 times) and it turns out the fuckin brake shop didn't use the correct seals when rebuilding it. Basically one of the seals is too long, and it prevents the fluid from returning back into the master. So 2 brake calipers bleed up fine, the other two which run off the back of the master won't bleed up at all (no air locks or anything).

He's going to have a play with it during the week. Ironically he pulled it apart, straight away "Oh I can see what the issue is". How the fuck does the brake shop check & rebuild this thing twice and not notice?

The master is a 3/4" Toyota item, might visit a wrecker tomorrow and see what looks the same. Buy one new and save myself the hassle of fucking around with it any more. I just want to drive the damn thing!

Fuck sake, what a useless bunch of cunts.
    Hope you get it sorted soon

Quote Originally Posted by Euronymous View Post
    Fuck sake, what a useless bunch of cunts.
    Hope you get it sorted soon
    This. That shits me
    DJ's don't need sigs