Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: $800 shit heap EP71

Gutted the inside of the car. Twist tied speaker wire. Everywhere! So much of the loom is hacked up, obviously this car was built just after the peak of the show car scene.

The sound deadening is manky as, chunks of carpet are attached to it and there is a nice patina of mould. Where do you buy dry ice from these days?

Don't throw the interior out. You won't ever find replacement trims etc

Quote Originally Posted by trdee View Post
    This guy
    DJ's don't need sigs

Yeah it's all stored in the disabled toilet at work ready to go back in once the rust is el-fixo'd. TBH it's all pretty fucked anyway, at least everything below the dash. All has been hacked up for the kebab holder, voltage gauges etc etc. I'll put the dash and the rest back in and see how I go.

Old man rust repairs came over today and eye balled the car. Is happy to sort it, so it's on a tow truck tomorrow to get fixed.

this is awesome, tried to buy one a while back for 2.5k but it was auto and a bit yuck.

Hard to find them in good nick, they come up sometimes in auction from Japan but by the time you land it etc etc it's probably too much money.

Man it's hard finding wheels for this thing, 13-14" , 4x100....found some TOM'S wheels ex Japan for fook all money - http://page23.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...ion/o155114313

Other option is RPF1's but have to come ex USA / Japan for the right sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by foamy View Post
    Hard to find them in good nick, they come up sometimes in auction from Japan but by the time you land it etc etc it's probably too much money.

Man it's hard finding wheels for this thing, 13-14" , 4x100....found some TOM'S wheels ex Japan for fook all money - http://page23.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...ion/o155114313

Other option is RPF1's but have to come ex USA / Japan for the right sizes.
    JDMparts.ruperwrecht.com on the book of faces would be worth talking to re wheels - he's always posting neat shit in 4x100 in those sorts of sizes
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Dry ice can be found from.BOC at blacktown or from these cunts in hornsby http://fiegertsice.com.au
    I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Gammaboy View Post
    JDMparts.ruperwrecht.com on the book of faces would be worth talking to re wheels - he's always posting neat shit in 4x100 in those sorts of sizes
    He has some cool stuff, not a lot of chop in 4x100 currently. Wish these were 4x100 - http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/kalor...ero/1132826457

Old mate is pulling the windscreen out to get at the rust, most/all of the clips holding in the side trim are broken. These clips here - http://megazip.me/M/41b/41b12ed20041...56177e14c4.png

Anybody know if they are a standardised part Toyota use for trim? (of that era at least).
    Last edited by foamy; 12-01-17 at 09:26 AM.

dan dietritch has a line on the same toms turbine wheels that i run on the AW11 if you wanted to run 15s (you should run 15s anyway, way better choices for tyres)

try toyodiy for the clips but chances are they are identical to ae82 etc cars of the time

fk me those turbo fans make me want a car just to fit them on.

Early 3 series and geminis are 4x100 too don't forget, should open up your options a bit depending on what offset these run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimi View Post
    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnitzelburger View Post
    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

(you should run 15s anyway, way better choices for tyres)
    Tis true. Tyre choices in 14" is balls.
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Oh my, flash back to 2008 and I have found this vehicles build thread haha!

http://austarletclub.com/index.php?/...71-starlet-gt/
    http://austarletclub.com/index.php?/...rlet-gt/page-2

"The finally setup for engine was;
    Forged rods and pistons
    Heavy duty valve springs
    XS power T3 turbo
    Custom exhaust mani and 2 1/2 dump and system with outlaw high flow cat
    Emanage blue
    Walbro 255 fuel pump
    360cc injectors"

Well that's nice.

forged internals sounds good, assuming it's the same motor

throw a turbro on this thing and take it to marulan for some lols

Turbos I'm looking at are -

The China T3 that came off it. Pros - bolts back up. Car is 'tuned' for it. Cons - the exhaust wheel broke off the old one, potentially could end up with another $300 USD paperweight.
    TD04 - Pros - Probably spools quickly and makes good power. Cons - Hate rolling dice on 2nd hand turbos, could buy a new Kinugawa one but have been burnt once by Taiwan turbos.
    GT2560 / GT2860RS - Pros - Can buy brand new from GCG for not too much. Con - How laggy is it going to be on a 1.3 motor?

Any other options?

All of the boosts

Had a disco potato on a 1.3 no boost till like 5000rpm so smaller is my suggestion

I told him to ask the tuna, not sure if the greddy box will stay.

Subaru td04 any day of the week, especially a low km one someone took off for a 'sick sti upgrade yo'.

3D printing thread is your friend for clips you can't buy anymore.

Subaru left overs are looking like our best option, cheap, in supply and they translate well to this tiny motor.

We need it going by Easter, booked in for the Toyota nationals Khana and drags

TD04 seems to be the universal answer. Joined some NSW Subaru facebook groups and am keeping an eye out.

These are the clips in question

Discontinued from Toyota....Amayama have them in their Sydney warehouse (maybe they bought them all up?) so have ordered a whole bunch through them.

Part numbers were - 75545-10010 - 7x required (top weather strip). 75546-10010 - 10x required (side weather strips).

This is sweet. Keep at it. Built motor sounds promising!
    DJ's don't need sigs

Today you, Tomorrow you. tomvale13's Avatar
    TF035 off the forester GT is another option.

Tried bidding on a set of Oz racing rally wheels but got outbid :< Managed to find & order a set of Manaray Turbina-S wheels instead!. Pic for reference:

Size is 14x6, +38, 4x100.

They need a bit of paint and fixing up but should look the goods. A set of TOMS turbo wheels would of been sweet too, but are tricky to find / cost too many dong.

Here they are - need a bit of paint, never painted wheels before. Not sure if to get a shop to paint them (then they would be the nicest part of the car....) or I just give it a go (and no doubt they will match the car in terms of quality lol)

Found a set of these to throw on them too in a 195 60 14 -

The plan is to get it out to Dubbo for the Toyota Nationals @ Easter for the 1/8 drags and the motorkana.

having owned an ep82 when I was at uni, I have a soft spot for ep71s.

Do em yourself, white is pretty straight forward. With no tyres it's super easy.

2 of the rims have been partially sanded back, stripping them all the way back to metal sounds like a good idea.

Ended up using paint stripper and a scraper, worked fairly well. Just need a brush to get into the crevices and remove the remaining paint. The other 2 rims with decent paint on them, I'll just scuff them back and primer / paint them. Priced up getting them sand blasted and prep'd for paint but it was getting up there in cost so I will just suffer and do it myself.

Don't fuck them