Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: $800 shit heap EP71

Other option is we go halves in a sandblaster Apparently using garnet as a blasting material won't damage the alloy.

Quote Originally Posted by foamy View Post
    Other option is we go halves in a sandblaster Apparently using garnet as a blasting material won't damage the alloy.
    Pigs arse.

paint stripper works alot better if you wrap it in glad wrap to stop the volatiles boiling off.
    Last edited by Gammaboy; 30-01-17 at 09:09 AM.
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Don't paint strip inside the turbines - you need to get every single bit of stripper out of there before you prime/paint. Just hit those areas with green Scotchbrite instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Gammaboy View Post
    Pigs arse.

paint stripper works alot better if you wrap it in glad wrap to stop the volatiles boiling off.
    Will give that a go.

Spent some more time with the paint stripper on Saturday and made some good progress. Another hour or so with the paint stripper & a scotch brite pad and they should be ready to paint. Yeeaaahhh already paint stripped inside the turbines, I gurney'd the shit out of them after though so they should be clean (plus will brake clean them before paint).

Pigs arse.

i wish i knew this many years ago when i tried to respray the bonnet on my first adub

Scotch brite can be pretty savage on the wheel with a heavy hand, pretty much used it for very light paint removal then hit it with the scraper and some more stripper.
    Pretty much done 1x wheel, just needs the centre hit again with some stripper and it should be good for painting. The corrosion you can see on this wheel, does it need to be removed before painting or it makes no difference?

Does villawood engines have a soda blaster?
    Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    Fuck I'm retarded

No soda blaster, just acid bath. Already asked him. It will only remove grease etc, won't get rid of paint.

You know Rupert's JDM page has a set of these, all in white, in 4x100 at the moment? :P
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

You know Rupert's JDM page has a set of these, all in white, in 4x100 at the moment? :P
    Linky please?
    DJ's don't need sigs

Search on facebook for JDMparts.ruperwrecht.com
    I can't provide a link from faceballs at the mo.

https://www.facebook.com/jdmpartsrupewrecht/?fref=ts

That's who got me my set Mine were a bit cheaper though, obviously needing paint....

If you're after a similar style DJ, these are going fairly cheap - http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...ion/r176448762

Perhaps I need an exhaust to match the wheels?

lol
    Last edited by foamy; 31-01-17 at 09:14 PM.

Ready for paint!

Before:

After:

Unfortunately the windscreen was broken on removal :< Mob in QLD has one, just waiting to see if old mate can get one locally.

Will spend a week with Dneg prepping this thing for Toyota Nationals. The wiring is a mess so needs to be fixed (may as well sort it while the dash is out). Looking at running one of these instead of a cluster of gauges - http://1gauge.com.au/

Should have it back by the end of the month so plenty of time to get it running.

I think it's white sikaflex (or fibreglass) to smooth it out.
    Last edited by dnegative; 16-02-17 at 09:52 AM.
    Fuck I'm retarded

Smooths it out & keeps any water out in the future. Will be sanded & painted, will never know it's there!

ah ok so there is metal under it?

Yeah hahaha. It's all plated & welded in, with seam filler over the welds & to fill in the gaps (same stuff they use on cars i.e where the outer door skin meets the inner, they put seam filler over it).

mad. keen to see this at dubbo. next year we will do a starlet V starlet race

Some more progress from rust repair man:

That's probably the worst of it. Windscreen will go back shortly, waiting to hear if the windscreen guy can source one. Hoping to have it back in the next few weeks.

At least it's not too terrible.
    BF XR6 Turbo - 2L Turbo TE - 75 TX Coupe

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

One side fixed (white shit is sealer) -

Well....not sure if it will be ready for Dubbo anymore lol. Hole so big you can put both hands in and clap.

Well....not sure if it will be ready for Dubbo anymore lol. Hole so big you can put both hands in and clap.
    Paris Hilton Spec.

One side fixed (white shit is sealer) -

Sounds like my ex

Paris Hilton Spec.
    Doh beaten...

Edit : Does it need to be fixed before then? Can you just push the flap back down, put a guard back on it and drive it for the weekend?
    Last edited by Lobster; 05-03-17 at 08:23 AM.
    Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

It doesn't run, needs a heap of work (turbo, exhaust, fix engine loom, re-wire some of the interior etc) + the interior put back in. I have a back up car so no big deal, just would be nice to get this one going in time

One of these going cheapish in Perth ATM, I'm seriously considering just getting it shipped and saying oops I guess "I won the eBay item"......

We looked at that but Perth....
    Swear I saw one in Brisbane for 2k but can't find it again.

It doesn't need that much work to get running, 20 hours labor tops
    Fuck I'm retarded

Wheels are almost done:

Just need a little paint brush to do the 'Turbina-S' in red.

Ordered one of these with a wideband -https://www.justraceparts.com.au/auto-gauges/digital-multi-gauge

Should keep the interior a bit cleaner. If it works well I might stick one in my KE70 too.

Wheels are turned out awesome! Well that one has
    BF XR6 Turbo - 2L Turbo TE - 75 TX Coupe

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.