Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: $800 shit heap EP71

Was planning on ordering one of those Kinugawa TD04 -13T's, but then this came up way too cheap to pass up.

It's off a Gen 5 Liberty, only 30,000km on it.

Has the funky dump pipe with the cat built in etc. Plan is to just cut the flange off the dump and remake a new dump to suit / adapt the existing one. Flange needs a bit of porting to match the outlet off the turbo, can't imagine it's too good for making power.
    Last edited by foamy; 13-03-17 at 01:42 PM.

Very nice, should smash maccas trays like a motherfucker haha. How's the rust repair on it going?

Should be almost done, it was just that gaping hole that was last on the list. Windscreen is back in. Really hoping to have it back by the end of the week, any longer & I'll have to put some serious time into it.

Ordered this cool little multi gauge last week - https://www.justraceparts.com.au/aut...al-multi-gauge

Came with a wideband, heaps of sensors. Very simple to wire up and run. Will use it to run wideband, coolant temp, boost pressure, oil pressure. There might be a provision somewhere to run oil temp too.

$800 shit heap EP71

Testing image hosting

Rod loves the dick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Righto vito
    Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    Fuck I'm retarded

Very nice, going to centrally mount it, racepak style?

Fuck I love these 80s turbo boxes, much want for a Micra super turbo

Quote Originally Posted by dnegative View Post
    Righto vito
    I was showing rod how tapatalk works, we're setting it up for the toymods forums :P

Quote Originally Posted by Euronymous View Post
    Very nice, going to centrally mount it, racepak style?

Fuck I love these 80s turbo boxes, much want for a Micra super turbo
    Most likely will mount it on top of the steering column. Car is coming back this weekend

Windscreen bloke never ended up using the clips for the trim so that was a waste lol. Panel man is just going to cut them at the top and tuck underneath the new rubber trim on the sides.

Fuck that's a bit of a spew.
    Gonna keep the the trust/Freddy/e-mang, or go with something a little less agricultural?

Probably keep the mystery Jap box, I'll try work out how to connect to it (if possible) and/or we will run it around on the street for a bit with the wideband - if it stays rich under boost and goes hard without blowing electrodes off the plugs it can stay.
    I think foamy has a lead on a cheap old adaptronic 440d if need be.

If we get it back this weekend it should be good
    Fuck I'm retarded

Yeah would like to keep it (for the time being). Kinda suits the car being on a budget build and all. I think Mark @ MRC had an older style Adaptronic laying around somewhere if we got desperate.

Turbo is a VF54, fairly new thing (was off a 2015 Liberty GT). NFI what power they pump out or how laggy it will be. Just ordering some water & oil lines to plumb it all up. Hacked the flange off the manifold it came on to re-use. Not 100% sure if it's the same as the TD04/ VFxx stuff in terms of bolt holes, but the opening is a different shape.

Nice, should make decent power, might be a little high in the rpm haha.
    Power wise (I think its the same turbo as my gen 4 lib) and its 184kw stock

Ordered one of these - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/322006172...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Usually would remove the radiator and weld in a 1/8 NPT fitting but I'm time poor so this will have to do.

Also ordered this kit - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/172498794...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Should have everything I need to plumb up most of the turbo.

Nice, turbo will probably look massive on it haha.
    Do these have an LSD?

Not too sure if it does yet. Some of the 4EFTE boxes came factory with one (EP82 had them for memory). Will find out in the next few weeks!

Fyi, not sure if any use
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20170315-165732.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	2.94 MB 
ID:	98584  
    DJ's don't need sigs

Hopefully it does. Makes a decent difference. In my some what regrettable Honda phase it was the one thing I wish the cars had.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm DJ! View Post
    Fyi, not sure if any use
    I saw that earlier. Would be all over it but it's in the middle of nowhere and I would have to get a trailer etc etc. Was thinking about buying it, stripping the shit I want then leaving it on the road somewhere.....

Made some flanges today for the turbo inlet & outlet. Had a dig around Ebay & google search but it doesn't look like anybody sell them (or they do but don't advertise bolt spacing and hole size etc). Probably some exhaust flanges match up but no shop was open.

Drew them in CAD, printed them out and transferred to 6mm aluminium plate. Angle grinder & hole saw took care of the rest:

Turbo manifold is being sent off Monday to have the flange changed. Don't have the patience / skill to do a good enough job lol so getting Pro Fab in Ingleburn to make it happen. Has to look something like this:

Ordered an adjustable waste gate. Stock one is 13psi, want to have the option to be on the safe side of things just in case.

I'd message him, he might pull it apart and then you can ego the bits? Never know. Depends which bits too I guess..
    DJ's don't need sigs

Quote Originally Posted by foamy View Post
    Ordered an adjustable waste gate. Stock one is 13psi, want to have the option to be on the safe side of things just in case.
    You ordered a what?
    If the stock gate cracks at 13psi then fucking dont worry, motor will take it.

And yeah, this turbo is pretty fucking big
    Fuck I'm retarded

Actuator* Fuck knows what it will make on 13 psi, if it only does 120kw or something then sure no worries. If it's cracking 150kw + then for the sake of planning to drive it 1000km + thrashing I think backing it off a tad is a good idea until I can confirm if it really is a built motor or not. Although if it blows up, a 5EFTE sounds like a great idea!

dont
    be
    a
    fucking
    homo
    cunt

Leave the actuator as is, and just stick one of the many boost tee's we have into it cause its going to be slow as fuck on gate pressure.
    I reckon the greddy box with the injectors should be good for 18psi
    Last edited by dnegative; 18-03-17 at 06:44 PM.
    Fuck I'm retarded

Should be a fucking little animal on 18psi

Today you, Tomorrow you. tomvale13's Avatar
    The vf29 on my old GT was on full song about 3.5-4k, was basically two different cars above or below this.

It's going to be laggy but whatever, should go good
    Fuck I'm retarded

Nothing e85 and a metric shit tonne of off boost timing advance can't fix haha

Got this back today.

- Pulled injectors off. One cylinder was filling with fuel for some reason. Got them tested, one was flowing more fuel than the others (?). Sonic bath later and they all flow the same amount. Will find out tomorrow what cc they are. New seals all round.
    - Pulled intercooler piping off. Will remake it all to suit the new turbo. The existing stuff is pretty shit so will weld up some neater piping.
    - Stripped the remote oil filter housing. Have fucked off the brass barb fittings (lol) and have ordered 5/8" > AN10 adapters so I can run braided hose instead. Also ordered a Grex plate (got it cheap), it has 2x 1/8" NPT fittings so I can run my oil pressure/temp from there.
    - Turbo lines all rocked up today from Mamba. Have to admit for what you pay, fuck me you get good value. Kit came with all oil/coolant lines, new exhaust dump bolts, copper nuts, gaskets, new oil drain etc etc. $95! All fits perfectly, just gotta work out where to tee in for the coolant feed/return.
    - Got a new radiator for it (Civic).
    - Manifold was sent off today to have the new flange welded on + external gate welded up.

So much stuff to do.

Nice, I'm keen to see the results of this turbo setup. Was it not worth welding up the internal gate and retaining the ext gate?

I did think about it, but the cost probably outweighed the benefit (the one on there is some awful cheap chinese one, so would have to replace it with something half decent). I only have 18 days to get it ready so trying to keep it as bare bones as possible.

That's fair enough, the standard internal gate is probably more then capable enough to handle the exhaust flow of a 1.3lt haha.
    18 days, that will probably fly by aswell haha