Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: $800 shit heap EP71

We have a lot of work to do
    Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    Fuck I'm retarded

Today you, Tomorrow you. tomvale13's Avatar
    Fkn lol..

PS fuck you tinypic for turning all my pictures on their side.

So that's where it's at lol. New fuel filter, replaced all the kebab blue silicone hose with black hose, Dneg put tape on the loom, I made a bracket for the igniter, 1/8" NPT thread was cut into the radiator for a temp sensor (I ordered a black....black temp sensor adaptor and the cunts sent a blue one. It arrived as we finished removing all the blue shit from the engine bay. Oh the irony. That can go in the bin. I ordered some black wheel nuts. If blue ones arrive instead I will commit a murder.

Surprisingly not too much more to do, just time intensive. Back at it tomorrow, Dneg will complete the wiring in the cabin. I will start welding up new intercooler piping.

I never understood that coloured vacuum hose shit.

Starting to come together. Once Dneg finishes off the wiring I'll get stuck in on the interior.

Welded up some piping, old piping was very shit lol. Just waiting on the manifold to come back and I'll get stuck in welding all that up too. I have all the turbo lines & gaskets ready to go.

Does the front bar fit on with your ice pipe work?
    And fuck sake, I'll buy some black silicon joiners
    Fuck I'm retarded

i'm blue da ba dee....

Fuck I'm retarded

Quote Originally Posted by kedderz View Post
    i'm blue da ba dee....
    yup same here now toe tapping away
    DJ's don't need sigs

Quote Originally Posted by dnegative View Post
    Does the front bar fit on with your ice pipe work?
    And fuck sake, I'll buy some black silicon joiners
    Yeah front bar fits sweet as a nut. Don't worry, already ordered black silicone.

It's papa smurf lol

Quote Originally Posted by foamy View Post
    Yeah front bar fits sweet as a nut. Don't worry, already ordered black silicone.

It's papa smurf lol
    White roof wrap to finish the theme off? Haha

Liking it on those wheels also

Pumping through this build, 2 weeks left!

Made up a bracket to mount the oil filter adapter. I can run oil temp & pressure sensors off it which is quite handy.

Bought 5kg of dry ice to fuck off the sound deadening. It had so much mank embedded into it. Probably didn't help it sat for a year with water soaking into it. In hindsight should of probably got maybe 7-8kg instead but managed to get it done -

Best tip is to chop up the dry ice into small bits, mix it with 100% alcohol and then smear it over the deadening. Was surprised how well it works, and how long the dry ice lasts for.

Went to change the gearknob and then found this -

Some cunt thought it would be a great idea to chop the threaded section off. Probably will re-tap a thread and use something nicer to the eye lol.

Still need to mount the battery box...waiting for Dneg to pull his finger out and help me wire this thing lol. Once that's done the dash can go back in blah blah blah. Found a bloke who will remake the carpets for $200 which is pretty decent so might get that done after I return from Dubbo.
    Also found some rust holes in the floor, will need to weld those up at some point.
    Last edited by foamy; 29-03-17 at 09:09 PM.

Good progress, that shifter reminds me of a mates "short shifter" years ago, every time he snapped second he'd throw the shifter into the back seat haha

I hope I don't end up 'snapping' 2nd because I found a bolt, cut it down and welded it to the shaft lol. Had a TRD gearknob so used that. Thread size was M12x1.25, shaft size was M14 so a thread tap would of never worked for this knob.

Wannabe internet expert
    What's the plan with the interior? Stripped #because racecar? Can't imagine interior bits would be easy to find in Aus.

Oh, and I want those wheels...

Plan is to keep it very basic. I'll retain all the trim I have currently (dash, surrounds etc, door cards), and I've got a guy lined up to make some new carpets (can't beat new carpet smell). It's not nice enough for a street car, not fucked enough to turn into a full race car. Probably will put club rego on it and try to do some events from time to time.

The Turbina-S is an unloved wheel in terms of cost & ease to find. They come up on Yahoo auctions quite a bit -
    http://page23.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...ion/o161395379
    http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...ion/w167177215
    http://page24.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...ion/q139596391

This bloke here got me my set - https://www.facebook.com/jdmpartsrupewrecht/

Was $700 or so, and needed paint. They are a cunt to prep and paint, never again lol.

Got the manifold back, I must of gone full potato because when I dummy fitted everything it seemed ok lol. Nowhere near enough space for a dump (looks like there is in the pic...but there isn't). It's currently getting re-jigged, just moved the flange around a bit to make things a bit nicer. Might make up a lobster 90 degree tight radius bend and tack it onto the dump flange to make things easier for the exhaust shop.

Hahaha, just run it like that. Get a good half an hour before it catches fire haha

Got it running today, starts, runs and idles great.
    Changed the oil a few times, its still a bit milky but I dont think its mixing, just taking a bit to clean up and out. Probably needs to be run at temperature for 20 minutes before another change to get it good.
    But we left it hot and pressurised, will drop the oil tomorrow and if we get a heap of green coming out first we might have a problem.

Need to set the ignition timing, bleed the brakes, check/change the gearbox oil and then we can take it for a run around the block
    Fuck I'm retarded

Got it running today, starts, runs and idles great.
    Changed the oil a few times, its still a bit milky but I dont think its mixing, just taking a bit to clean up and out. Probably needs to be run at temperature for 20 minutes before another change to get it good.
    But we left it hot and pressurised, will drop the oil tomorrow and if we get a heap of green coming out first we might have a problem.

Need to set the ignition timing, bleed the brakes, check/change the gearbox oil and then we can take it for a run around the block
    This. This here is progress! Carry on. Men.
    DJ's don't need sigs

I gave it a rev and I couldn't hear any turbo noises what so ever;
    Probs going to be a NA till 5500rpm
    Fuck I'm retarded

lol. will be interesting to drive. i wanna see it change lanes as it comes on boost on the way out to dubbo

Lag till 5k, then instant limiter bash. Should be rad.

Today you, Tomorrow you. tomvale13's Avatar
    If it's rubbish go trawl subie forums for any TF035 (forrester GT I think?) or just a typical TD04L from a wrx, which are pretty tough and reliable under 20psi.

edit: something like this: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TD04L-13t...EAAOSwknJXxVGj
    Last edited by tomvale13; 03-04-17 at 09:13 AM.

I gave it a rev and I couldn't hear any turbo noises what so ever;
    Probs going to be a NA till 5500rpm
    time for a big block 5e then....

Quote Originally Posted by tomvale13 View Post
    If it's rubbish go trawl subie forums for any TF035 (forrester GT I think?) or just a typical TD04L from a wrx, which are pretty tough and reliable under 20psi.

edit: something like this: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TD04L-13t...EAAOSwknJXxVGj
    TF035 are all 15 years old by now, and were not strong in the first place. I see a couple $100 TD04 on the forester forum right now, so they're still easy.

P.S. don't buy from "max peeding rods" (that ebay link)

Quote Originally Posted by aerobrick View Post
    P.S. don't buy from "max peeding rods" (that ebay link)
    No?
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

I've been saying for ages we need to see if the brakes are fucked, car has no pedal.
    Finally, tonight is the night we should look at them because making brackets and other shit has been more of a pressing issue.

Rear drums look crusty and moist (a fucking VN commodore has bigger shoes and drums in its park brake), get the hub and drum off. Wheel cylinders fucked, shoes, kinda sorta due for replacement after 35 years.
    better cancel the exhaust shop booking
    Fuck I'm retarded

Ghey. If you have to pull it all off anyway, is there a cheap easy bolt on upgrade of a carolla or similar?

car that light it just needs some bike disk brakes no?
    Sloth: [Sloff] Noun, like Skompa but with euro shitboxen, a large bearded person, with a penchant for cider and garlic pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by Rdyno View Post
    That's retardism cunt stop discriminating against me and my fellow retards.

Quote Originally Posted by Euronymous View Post
    Ghey. If you have to pull it all off anyway, is there a cheap easy bolt on upgrade of a carolla or similar?
    Don't think so. Not a difficult fix, brake shop down the road can supply new cylinders & shoes to suit. If I can't work something out with the exhaust shop then I'll just do it myself.

Car is back together anyway -

Just need some wiring fixed inside the car and the dash & trim can go back in. Fuck me I've almost gone through a argon gas bottle lol, welded on a pipe for the BOV tonight. Throw back to the old owner, got it pointing straight to the front of the car atmo style haha