Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adaptronic Modular Series

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Broadhurst View Post
    To be fair, it'll run any engine just batched.

The plugs are 99% identical, so most cars don't even need pins changed

They are good bits of gear I haven't played with one yet though.
    according to adaptronic, they only run in sequential so batch wouldnt work?

Psi999, thanks mate, but it's the factory control of the gear box that I'm not impressed with. All just a little to slow in response to commands. It's great how it holds a gear and let's you sit on the limiter but you have to basically be clairvoyant with your shift changes. Hence why an aftermarket ecu that could reprogram that would be nice.

Having the factory ecu at hand would make coming up with a solution much easier but unlike Jason when I leave work each day electrical/control shit is the last thing I wan't to tinker with.

Purist, whats that? Jason Broadhurst's Avatar
    It's 80% DBW and ECU and 20% Auto I think.

I have a factory ECU at my house with a dead driver. I was going to use it for a plugin before I sold the Stage
    Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

So you think most of the reaction time could be solved if you could get an aftermarket ecu to talk to the factory auto and just tune for a better dbw response time?

I'm no auto expert but my understanding of those things is that slow shifts are all about trans durability. While I have absolutely no doubt most are not perfect for the most part a delay in shifting is preparing everything (synchronisation and shit) ready for the actual change to preserve trans life. You make it shorter and you trade that off. I'm sure you're happy to do that but I don't think it's something the OE missed

My understanding is the slow/soft shifts are more for operator comfort than protecting the transmission, they infact wear the bands and clutches more because of the deliberate slippage. Granted full pressure shifts will probably shock load things too much.

We're talking more than a second delay on these shifts though. It actually feels like about 10 min but I'm sure it's closer to a second.

OK yeah full throttle shifts are only down to the transmission, but the M35 has the standard DBW lag, plus a massive delay if the brakes have been pressed as to not destroy front diffs and make your average person lunch in to the curb with the massive amount of torque they are capable of.
    Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

could piggyback something like a megashift maybe?

If you didn't care too much about the dash, you would run a M2000, megashift or PCS and it would be sexy times!
    Jason Broadhurst

I'm running a pcs2000 to control my Toyota auto.
    There is so much shit to adjust that not much makes sense to me.
    Does the job well though and my paddle shifters work great.

I really like PCS gear - it's very in depth, but has to be because autos are hard to control.
    Jason Broadhurst

the soarer i recently acquired has a suprastick transmission ecu coupled with a vipec V88 and what looks like some sort of MSD magic box for the dash. it all seems to work well together tho

What's the deal with 4 x serial ports? Are we still in 1996?

Quote Originally Posted by sssgtr View Post
    What's the deal with 4 x serial ports? Are we still in 1996?
    Plenty of dashes and widebands still talk in serial. Innovate stuff is serial.

Plenty of shit from 1996 still talks in serial. That's all you need to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosshoggett View Post
    If your planing to drive this on the road and enjoy it, id suggest a second opinion, someone with a history in Australian Rally or Fink River . If your just playing dyno comps. Then ok

my race technology dash from 2012 talks in serial..

And it's been outdated for 10 years. Hence they're $0.25c. Still better than a racepak.
    If your planing to drive this on the road and enjoy it, id suggest a second opinion, someone with a history in Australian Rally or Fink River . If your just playing dyno comps. Then ok

The ECU's have 4 RS232 and 2 CANBUS channels. What it means is that the ECU has compatibility with a massive amount of gear, from 8x EGT's from innovate through to Motec and AEM dash units.

USB, RS232, CANBUS, VNET are all serial FYI, you are really just arguing and inability to understand simple protocol vs link layer, and with your low IQ Cracka.
    Jason Broadhurst

You get far too bent out of shape for a person with not much going for them.

Maybe go do some exercise or have a wank, or an Oak or snickers something.

In other news, beyond the automated response from zendesk I haven't got so much as a fuck off we're busy/not a priority/we're looking into it, to my tech request submitted a couple of weeks ago for some relatively basic shit. Probably better off talking to Turblown, they seem pretty responsive, can they still sell ecus into the aus market cheaper than Australian dealers? 😂 Does kind of push you in the direction of more mature current gen platforms like elite or motec (dev pack would be good) when noone wants to talk to you.
    Last edited by Slides; 14-08-17 at 11:15 PM.

Stepper control not working Slides?
    David Fraser - Automotive Historian!

Quote Originally Posted by bigmuz View Post
    You can't polish a turd but you can put 600hp in it and laugh your fucking arse off coming past someone sideways at Powercruise.

Wanted to know I could have a variable overboost cutout based on eth % with flex tune, if I could have a boost target from rpm vs eth% table per gear and input to output frequency multiplier to correct speedo with final drive ratio change and/or tremec into my FD.

Quote Originally Posted by Slides View Post
    Wanted to know I could have a variable overboost cutout based on eth % with flex tune, if I could have a boost target from rpm vs eth% table per gear and input to output frequency multiplier to correct speedo with final drive ratio change and/or tremec into my FD.
    Just send Andy an email. He always answers my questions

Also has the #1 pony tail AU
    Jason Broadhurst

He made a comment about his 13b being gone/dead in one of the videos has he moved the mx5 on?

I didn't want to hassle Andy directly as he no doubt has work to do and if everyone emailed him it wouldn't work. I have met him several times since usind 420 and 1280 beta in SAE, is a genuine guy.
    Last edited by Slides; 15-08-17 at 01:46 PM.