Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 427ci XD - The drag (in-and-out of shed) car

Mechanical 'Tard Cliffordcliffs's Avatar
    Love the XWs. More pics please
    "Beware the lollipop of mediocrity: lick it once and you'll suck forever" Brian Wilson

Don't really have enough on the XW for a separate build thread, might just hijack this one for a while as it will be the focus until its complete then the XD will take over again.

This is kind of like the balla-spec Ford version of Skompa's thread.

Keen for updates on your new project!

Hahahaha yeah I thought someone would level that complaint at me The general idea has stayed the same all the way through.. but I tend to have these flash in the pan ideas and random bursts of energy (and money) in other directions at times. I probably should have put the blown engine in and had a mountain of fun along the way but ahhh well. That reminds me I'll have to try patch up the photobucket links. Motherfuckers.

The dude I bought the car off is half keen to buy the engine and diff centre back for a spare for his XB GT coupe, then all I have to do is find a buyer for the TKO600 setup and the old driveline is done and dusted. I've got a diff centre, transbraked C4, 4500 converter all ready to go so I'll need a new pair of 31 spline axles, tailshaft, flexplate, few other bits and pieces and that will be new driveline sorted. Not sure if I'll change the suspension as it won't be ideal for running anumber, but thats not really the point of this car.

Anyone know how I change the thread title to the title of the first post? In light of the side project featuring

What title?
    Retard Honour Wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    Rob Sloth Young did i ask for your opinion? no. i only want it for a paddock bomb. go play with traffic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles View Post
    you stupid fucken imbicle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles
    your are a fucken idiot of the highest level.

427ci XD - The drag (in-and-out of shed) car.. with a hint of 408ci XW thrown in

I tried to edit the first post thought that might change the title but no luck

Dropped the block off today to get hot tanked.. hopefully theres enough wall thickness, otherwise Ill probably just use the Arrow block and new pistons for the XWs engine

annnnd the spare block is not going to cut it for 650-700hp. Fuck. Have another candidate getting checked tomorrow, if its no good then new block it is

Quote Originally Posted by sleepwhendead View Post
    annnnd the spare block is not going to cut it for 650-700hp. Fuck. Have another candidate getting checked tomorrow, if its no good then new block it is
    You in Perf?

I has 351W block .40 over.

Queensland, and Cleveland all the way. Thanks for the offer though.

So the next block I had checked out was perfect, best one hes seen a long time allegedly. Now the rush for winternats and beachfest and cooly rocks has died should be some progress.

Did take the XW up there for a few days

Undecided whether I should throw my auto in this car once the 408 goes in, or put a twin plate clutch in the TKO600 and see what happens.

Manual and 4.11. Fucking revs.
    xw Falcon 393 full race cam, NGK spark plugs.

I figure with the long shot top gear in the TKO it will be fine.. sits at 13-1400 rpm at 100ks at the moment and I think its 3.5 geared.

As for the lower gears who knows how that would turn out. Whether manual or auto I'll need a new tailshaft, so its either clutch it and use the C4 in the LS Courier, or throw the C4 in it and sell the TKO conversion and worry about the Courier later