Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Somebody please freeze my bank accounts

Opens

Somebody please freeze my bank accounts

So I've got the Ducati 899 and I love it, but every time I ride it feels like a competition to see how long it takes before my body craps out (usually it's about 20 - 25 mins).

I watch way too much youtube and I've seen this bike a lot and it seems like a bike that can do it all so I went yesterday and test rode one.

Half an hour later I put down a deposit and get it on a week or so. It's fantastic at any speed (smooth motor), super comfy, the electronic suspension suits Brisbane roads, and it's an absolute weapon. I gave it a squirt and thought I'd end up on the moon.

Yeah, I know I'll get plenty of shit for changing so quick but fuck it, I don't actually have to sell the Ducati so see what happens.

Bmw 2016 S1000R.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jones View Post
    Sneakers prompted the erection. Engine stand made me do something with it

Haha you're a maniac! Love it. Thought about getting one of these a while back.

PS: only looking at this on my phone, but that oil cooler is screaming out for a guard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Opens
    Yep I've got serious problems. I need a Mrs and some kids to calm me down

Rad and oil guards will be fitted before delivery - that's a disaster waiting to happen.

\/ \/ My motivation \/ \/ ALLMTR's Avatar
    You know what to do with the Duke...

I thought Ducatis were supposed to be wall ornaments.

If you dig a hole and it is in the wrong place, digging it deeper isn't going to help.

Police warn that blow-up dolls are not recognised floatation devices.

Opens
    Too much money to leave inside, although if it attracts cute blondes to come inside and touch it... hmm

LS7 Prius = Proper HYBRID Walt Kowalski's Avatar
    Only heard good things about the S1000R. Lyonhelm rides one too. Did you get a chance to ride a 1200GS or a Multistrada by any chance? If so I'd be curious to get your comparative thoughts. Congrats by the way. Welcome to the more upright school of riding.
    Logical debate beats name calling any day. My Badges Of Honour so far in PF: Racist, Bigot, Islamaphobe, Numpty, Moron, Far Right Wing Nationalist, Far Fight Wing Fascist, "raving fucking lunatic", "dumb" & climate "denier". AND they are just SOME of the pathetic tags that I've been labelled by SOME here. HINT: Those labels are signs that the accusers have lost to logical debate.

Maybe it's time for them to check some facts. Here's a good starting point: http://www.mostdamagingwikileaks.com

Opens
    Nah, those two bikes are just too big for what I need - I saw the 1200GS and it looked like a humvee compared to what I got.. I just want to do 4-5 hour rides, not so much 4-5 days. They're also much more expensive too.

I approve of your lack of self control. I don't reckon they're much of a looker, but they are by all accounts a fucking cracking bike! Now you just need to get closer to taking full advantage of the bikes "skills".

Keep buying them though, I'll be over to test ride your fleet soon.
    Hide yo' wife!!!

Excellent choice. Welcome to the team.

Opens
    Thanks. Yeah, it's not as pretty as the 899 but it'll be a better long termer for me and I'll never need any more power than it has.

Registered User bigshipengine.jpg's Avatar
    My mates got one. Its onto its second motor and it just fucked out again with 800ks on the new motor. Good luck....

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    I Climbed Mt Druitt

And what has caused those problems?

There are a few known issues with some of them but seems to mostly be bikes sold in Europe having any major dramas.

Opens
    Bmw generally doesn't make stuff that just shits itself. I've not read much negative about them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarDaddy View Post
    Bmw generally doesn't make stuff that just shits itself. I've not read much negative about them at all.
    Neither do Porsche. Except for every single 991. Sometimes shit happens. I'm sure it's been addressed though.
    Quote Originally Posted by piss98
    I wish Kochie would get blown out to sea and never found, in fact most of those dumb cunts standing in the rain telling people not to stand in the rain need to get fucked. Stupid tart on the news last night talking to the weather guy "wow you look totally drenched there whateverthefuckhisnamewas." No shit you vapid bitch he is standing in a fucking cyclone.

Where are BMW bikes made? Indialand?

Opens
    I don't play cards, so I'll take this gamble.

Opens
    Think it was one of those that Edo got pinged going way too fast on. So given that, rest assured this won't help keep your licence

Looks the good though.

Opens
    It's ridiculously easy to speed. The motor does it so effortlessly, you don't even realize you've just taken off but you're doing 80 already.

I'd imagine all bigger bikes would be the same though.

Didn't Edo have a K1200R or K1300R?

I found these things easier to ride at legal speeds than the Super Duke R. The gearing is much friendlier.

Last edited by Crudy; 18-10-16 at 12:45 PM.

Opens
    I'm a big fan of RJ - he's a good bloke. I'd look at getting the akra full exhaust too (the Austin can is too loud).

All of the short canned systems are too loud. I have danmoto headers on mine with an Akropovic shorty can and it's fucking ridiculous. Just be prepared for a big change in lower end behaviour with a full system though.

Opens
    I hadn't seen the danmoto stuff before - certainly looks a lot cheaper. How do you find the headers, all good?

I think I'd just get the standard long carbon can from akra and decide whether to use the baffle or not on the day.

Do you mean it loses bottom end punch? Q, did you have to do anything with the ecu for the change?

Yeah so far so good as far as fitment and quality. Obviously the Akra or Arrow stuff is gonna be better but you're paying about 4 times the price. Install was easy enough using the Akra instructions available on the website.

Yeah it gets a bit weird down below 3000rpm. Gets a bit jerky and not quite as responsive, but higher up is mental. Volume is insane. When I first started mine up after the swap, the neighbour could feel their kitchen floor vibrating. It sounds like a rotary at idle when it's cold. It also sounds like a shotgun, and let's off some wicked flames, when you back off. If you don't want all that, you can fit the exhaust from the S1000RR HP4 with some minor modifications I believe. It flows a lot before than stock and still has higher flowing cat.

No need to worry about the tune unless you really want to change it. The stock ECU learns fairly well so it might just take some riding time to adjust everything and smooth it out.

Opens
    The cat is ugly so looking to get rid of that. Full system with the long muffler and baffle might be a nice compromise. I'd look at getting a tune if the low end is too weird as that's one of the things I liked most about it compared to the ducati.

The HP4 exhaust has a much smaller, cylindrical cat that doesn't look so goofy.

I'm looking for solutions to the low end issue at the moment. Don't really wanna have to go down the Power Commander type route if I can avoid it.

See if you can find someone closer with a full exhaust to have a better look. It may be something you can live with, or it may put you off it completely.

Opens
    Why don't you want the Power Commander? Seems quite popular.

Yeah, I'll find someone local with full system. The RR might be easier to find and I'd assume the same sound.

Power Commander is a fair bit of farting around given the distance to a tuner for me.

You're broken. And i didn't even realise you had the duke yet as I've been away. Working from home tomorrow?
    DJ's don't need sigs