Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: FWD Commodore

Former hairdresser Captain_Slow's Avatar

FWD Commodore

Seems Holden has let some journos loose in prototypes and the reports aren't too bad (if large FWD cars are your thing, I suppose).

https://www.wheelsmag.com.au/reviews...ototype-review
    https://www.motormag.com.au/news/161...tails-revealed
    http://www.caradvice.com.au/492846/2...iliate_program

Seems to drive pretty well but has usual dumpy FWD looks to my eyes - too much overhang, wheelarches too small, that kind of thing. And it's longer than a VE-VF...

I'm probably being unfair to it in my mind - I think I object to this car mainly because I don't see it as a Commodore. If it was called something else, or the original plan of importing this and continuing to make other stuff here had come off, I'd be a bit more OK with it. After all, I like Opels...

PF's #1 soft roader advocate Captiva Fan's Avatar
    The Wheels one claims there'll be a RHD Camaro ... isn't that a "no" for the recently-released new version which will probably last at least another 6-7 years?
    Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

4cyl, FWD, sedan, from Europe. 'tuned for local conditions'..... It's a fucking Camira isn't it???

Last edited by Greasystick; 26-10-16 at 10:06 AM.

Not really, Camira was made here ...

... think of it more as a 4dr Calibra.
    Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Or a sort of Mega-Vectra.

Quote Originally Posted by Forg View Post
    The Wheels one claims there'll be a RHD Camaro ... isn't that a "no" for the recently-released new version which will probably last at least another 6-7 years?
    They said "when". Which is wheels speak for "i have no fucking idea"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdyno
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripper
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

I honestly hope it flops. The last large FWD sedan from GM I drove didn't feel me with much confidence (Vectra).

Fucking clowns. Large FWD cars are horrible. Shit to park and useless for towing. Absolute waste of time. If they thought the large RWD platformwas a no go, boy are they in for a shock.
    Quote Originally Posted by oioioioioi View Post
    I've never said or implied everyone on that page was a deadshit - just that there's a concentration of deadshits there. Think of it like a mine, but instead of a rich vein of gold bearing quartz, it's a rich vein of spastic bearing facebook posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    Any peanut who thinks they could have done it better from the comfort of their armchair or work desk is a genuine mong level potato.

so they say no turbos cos they dont fit

wtf are hsv going to do then

bolt on s/c kits

Little engine that could. itsnotagsr's Avatar
    Will probably sell as well as the Mondeo did.

As for the RHD Camaro, Australian magazines can no longer rely on the latest HSV release, so have to focus on something! Wonder how long they will last now that the Australian motor industry is no longer there to subsidise it and customers just start buying overseas magazines which have the same drive reports (eg Georg Karcher, etc).
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
    (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
    Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Slow View Post
    And it's longer than a VE-VF....
    Says in the wheels article that:

And surprisingly close in size to the current VFII rear-drive model it replaces. Measuring 74mm less, 36mm narrower and riding on a wheelbase 86mm shorter, our next Commodore is the first generational change to shrink in size, though it’s still a sizeable car.
    Daily - VF SV6. Former daily, now with more up on blocks - S15 200SX. Weekends - 149 EH Holden Special. Project - EH Premier. More schizo than ever!

Or a sort of Mega-Vectra.
    Gotcha, so it's the new Holden Camry then.

Started reading one of the articles, remembered the Epica, realised large FWD and almost fell asleep. V6 AWD sounds interesting but it will be far too exxy for a Holden.
    Last edited by Greasystick; 26-10-16 at 12:03 PM.

One of the reports I read said it was longer, but you're right, others say it's shorter.

I don't reckon there's a need for italics on the "will sell like a Mondeo" comment - it's about right. 500 a month maybe? 1000 a month would be doing amazingly well.

One of the reports I read said it was longer, but you're right, others say it's shorter.

I don't reckon there's a need for italics on the "will sell like a Mondeo" comment - it's about right. 500 a month maybe? 1000 a month would be doing amazingly well.
    Agreed on those numbers especially given this thing will appeal to a far narrower range of owners than the current range.
    Daily - VF SV6. Former daily, now with more up on blocks - S15 200SX. Weekends - 149 EH Holden Special. Project - EH Premier. More schizo than ever!

So this is a chevy malibu badged as a holden?

yawn.

Opens
    No smurf blue interior, no care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jones View Post
    Sneakers prompted the erection. Engine stand made me do something with it

Quote Originally Posted by kedderz View Post

yawn.
    Thought they already did this. Apparently the 8 new owners really love them....

Quote Originally Posted by kedderz View Post
    No, it's a Holden Insignia, which they already sell, but badged as a Holden Commodore.
    Except the only Insignia they sell with a Holden badge is twin-turbo V6, and the articles above only mention an n/a 6; which pushes something the weight of a Commodore around via all 4 wheels, so it's not going to be Insignia VXR performance.

Quote Originally Posted by MexicanBatman View Post
    so they say no turbos cos they dont fit
    wtf are hsv going to do then
    bolt on s/c kits
    HSV are going to sell Dodge Rams.
    And I'm not entirely unsure that I'm being facetious in saying that ...
    Last edited by Captiva Fan; 26-10-16 at 12:44 PM.

How mistaken I am.

Still yawn.

It's the faildore.

They really should just hang up the commodore name when they shut the doors at Elizabeth.
    Yes we Chemistry

Looks like a Camry.
    Quote Originally Posted by oioioioioi View Post
    I've never said or implied everyone on that page was a deadshit - just that there's a concentration of deadshits there. Think of it like a mine, but instead of a rich vein of gold bearing quartz, it's a rich vein of spastic bearing facebook posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    Any peanut who thinks they could have done it better from the comfort of their armchair or work desk is a genuine mong level potato.

230kw FWD will be fun in the wet on cheap tyres

They have to retire the commodore name

If ford just peeled off mondeo badges and stuck on falcon badges it'd be fucking terrible

At least ford let it die

Not this weekend at bernies shit that Holden are doing

Fucking spastics

Looks like a Taurus in that same 'not sure which end is the front' kinda way
    #WHOTW award winner #blessed #susanalbumparty

I reckon they will be a hit for the fleet buyers which is probably the majority share of the new car Falcodore sales nowadays....

The bloke sitting behind the desk ordering the sales reps cars doesn't really care if you like the style or if it's FWD or RWD - they look at cost per unit, resale values and cost to run... if it ticks those boxes as good, then it goes on the list as "approved models' you can chose from. So you can have a new Camry, Altima or Faclodore...

Couple of huffers and a 350kw one doesnt sound so bad
    #teamtremolo
    Quote Originally Posted by brasher
    TJ is 99% African American.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    And i'd still fuck Betty....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ed View Post
    Looks like a Taurus in that same 'not sure which end is the front' kinda way
    was gonna say looks like an elongated T-anus. everyone else already makes better fwd sedans fucking arse clowns

why wont they understand that a vw T6 tranny copy with slightly higher roof, fwd with optional rear wheel electric assist/regen
    we are well into the 21st century, we like to sit up high in traffic & cruising,. Euro peeps know SUVs are fucked for cities.

Last edited by datso; 26-10-16 at 02:18 PM.
    "The only people mad at you for speaking the truth are those living a lie" - Henry Ford
    “Nations survive its fools but not treason from within. Enemies at the gates are less formidable showing their banners openly. Traitors move freely using their victims accents, even wear their faces & their arguments. A murderer is less to fear.” - Marcus Cicero https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj5eypBex-U Euronymous - PFs latest Jew halve dick

The proportions look awful. Yuck.

Quote Originally Posted by 36 View Post
    The proportions look awful. Yuck.

suits the style of the smug driver in every way
    "The only people mad at you for speaking the truth are those living a lie" - Henry Ford
    “Nations survive its fools but not treason from within. Enemies at the gates are less formidable showing their banners openly. Traitors move freely using their victims accents, even wear their faces & their arguments. A murderer is less to fear.” - Marcus Cicero https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj5eypBex-U Euronymous - PFs latest Jew halve dick

Times are certainly a-changing; and not necessarily for the better.

Is it actually a sedan? Or a sportback audi looking thing? The article states that there is a lot of camouflage, but is that whole rear roofline fake?