Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 540

Thread: FWD Commodore

  1. #91
    Chairbourn ranger! Mike Lowrrryyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    10,630
    I had a brand new Malibu hire car last time I was in the states a few years ago. Hands down the worst new car I've ever driven.
    Quote Originally Posted by S View Post
    I just want to apologise for some of my shit talking back around page 5.

  2. #92
    Temporary Australian Rorz de Puniet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,454
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Flibberty Gibbets View Post
    Still having a chuckle over people who've never owned a Commodore, nor have the inclination to do so, getting all butt-hurty over this.

    I've had three. A VL turbo when I was a young lad, a VZ Maloo and a VE SS-V ute. The latter two I bought new... so basically I'm justified in my vagina being literally filled to the brim with especially course sand.
    Randy De Puniet has had more crashes than any other rider in the history of Grand Prix motorcycle racing.

  3. #93
    bitch lasagne Bob Vegana.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Sonova Beach
    Posts
    5,896
    Nobody got this bent out of shape when they stopped producing RWD Corollas.

    Toyota sells more of them, than Holden managed to sell total.
    Quote Originally Posted by brewdles View Post
    In short, some cunt at test and tune had a 250cc honda turning to 11ty and it sounded porn. Do that.

  4. #94
    on hoes? yohoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    3,044
    Quote Originally Posted by Soopy View Post
    If they thought the large RWD platformwas a no go, boy are they in for a shock.
    Yea it doesnt make sense..

    They decide the market doesnt want large 4dr saloons anymore - except for the niche that buy SS and HSV models

    ..then start playing with large saloons minus the potential for fun-bogan niche market? Wtf

  5. #95
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    ....................
    Posts
    5,805
    Why must a tow vehicle be RWD ?
    ......................

  6. #96
    Chrome bumper cunts! Soopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    6,203
    Because FWD's tow like shit. Cunt's get pulled around all over the place.
    Quote Originally Posted by oioioioioi View Post
    I've never said or implied everyone on that page was a deadshit - just that there's a concentration of deadshits there. Think of it like a mine, but instead of a rich vein of gold bearing quartz, it's a rich vein of spastic bearing facebook posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    Any peanut who thinks they could have done it better from the comfort of their armchair or work desk is a genuine mong level potato.

  7. #97
    Former hairdresser Captain_Slow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    9,101
    Does anyone tow with a Commodore anymore?

  8. #98
    Dismember Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    8,792
    My dad just bought a VF Calais, with lots of caravan trips in mind, to replace his VY. He thought about getting a 4wd, but decided it was a bit unnecessary for what he wants to do, and likes the whole comfort and quietness thing.

    I take photos of shiny things with wheels. www.rohanphillips.com

  9. #99
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    ....................
    Posts
    5,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Soopy View Post
    Because FWD's tow like shit. Cunt's get pulled around all over the place.
    Fair enough, I still don't understand the difference though.
    ......................

  10. #100
    Registered User irsa76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Queanbeyan
    Posts
    8,722
    Quote Originally Posted by yohoes View Post
    yea it doesnt make sense..

    They decide the market doesnt want large 4dr saloons anymore - except for the niche that buy ss and hsv models

    ..then start playing with large saloons minus the potential for fun-bogan niche market? Wtf
    I think this is where Ford has made the right move, they knew the market for large RWD sedans was shrinking, so they've tapped the gloabl models in segments that are selling. The Fiesta, Focus, Mondeo, Ranger, Eco-Sport, Kuga and Everest are all world class products that are significantly better than the offerings from Holden. They also now have the rwd V8 hero car in the Mustang, with no official indication that the Camaro will make it here anytime soon.

  11. #101
    Former hairdresser Captain_Slow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    9,101
    Except that Ford can't sell most of those cars!

  12. #102
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    ....................
    Posts
    5,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Slow View Post
    Except that Ford can't sell most of those cars!
    Is that cause the cars are horrid or that aftersales service is pathetic at best ? ?
    ......................

  13. #103
    Hungry Hungry Hippo Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    gong
    Posts
    14,623
    Quote Originally Posted by Soopy View Post
    Because FWD's tow like shit. Cunt's get pulled around all over the place.

    Your Drive wheels stay dry at the boat ramp.
    you cant spell advertisements without semen between the tits

  14. #104
    Racer 36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by irsa76 View Post
    I think this is where Ford has made the right move, they knew the market for large RWD sedans was shrinking, so they've tapped the gloabl models in segments that are selling. The Fiesta, Focus, Mondeo, Ranger, Eco-Sport, Kuga and Everest are all world class products that are significantly better than the offerings from Holden. They also now have the rwd V8 hero car in the Mustang, with no official indication that the Camaro will make it here anytime soon.
    You've clearly never driven an Eco-Sport.. I'd rather drive a Skompa special. The rest are pretty good though.

  15. #105
    Registered User ButtaS15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    531
    Quote Originally Posted by Stang View Post
    My dad just bought a VF Calais, with lots of caravan trips in mind, to replace his VY. He thought about getting a 4wd, but decided it was a bit unnecessary for what he wants to do, and likes the whole comfort and quietness thing.

    Same with my old man. Has driven Australia with the caravan on the back of his Calais. I'm sure he could have ventured more off the beaten track with an SUV but for the most part the Calais has gotten them to most of the places they wanted to go with no issues.

  16. #106
    PF's #1 soft roader advocate Captiva Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    The Crime Zone
    Posts
    29,689
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles View Post
    Fair enough, I still don't understand the difference though.
    Doesn't the thing on the back put weight on the rear wheels & take weight off the front wheels, reducing traction & making all the usual FWD issues worse?

    Quote Originally Posted by irsa76 View Post
    I think this is where Ford has made the right move, they knew the market for large RWD sedans was shrinking, so they've tapped the gloabl models in segments that are selling. The Fiesta, Focus, Mondeo, Ranger, Eco-Sport, Kuga and Everest are all world class products that are significantly better than the offerings from Holden. They also now have the rwd V8 hero car in the Mustang, with no official indication that the Camaro will make it here anytime soon.
    Opel's attempt here might be indicative of Holden not actually being able to choose from Euro stuff, but instead being told they had to sell Chevrolet (read: Daewoo) dross.

    Quote Originally Posted by yohoes View Post
    Yea it doesnt make sense..

    They decide the market doesnt want large 4dr saloons anymore - except for the niche that buy SS and HSV models

    ..then start playing with large saloons minus the potential for fun-bogan niche market? Wtf
    It's more that they decide the WORLD market doesn't want large RWD sedans, and that building here to just sell here isn't enough of a profit-generator.
    But there's still a Camry market, and since they're already making Camrys in Germany they may's well import them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Flibberty Gibbets View Post
    Nobody got this bent out of shape when they stopped producing RWD Corollas.
    There was nothing particularly good about Corollas beyond reliability, and FWD was gonna make no difference to that.
    Last edited by Captiva Fan; 27-10-16 at 09:15 PM.
    Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

  17. #107
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    ....................
    Posts
    5,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Forg View Post
    Doesn't the thing on the back put weight on the rear wheels & take weight off the front wheels, reducing traction & making all the usual FWD issues worse?
    Dont know that's why iam asking. apparently FWD's tow like shit. Cunt's get pulled around all over the place.

    Must be an AUS thing as many other countries seems tow just fine with FWD.
    ......................

  18. #108
    Chrome bumper cunts! Soopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    6,203
    You can do it, for sure. Fucked if I would want to though.
    Quote Originally Posted by oioioioioi View Post
    I've never said or implied everyone on that page was a deadshit - just that there's a concentration of deadshits there. Think of it like a mine, but instead of a rich vein of gold bearing quartz, it's a rich vein of spastic bearing facebook posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    Any peanut who thinks they could have done it better from the comfort of their armchair or work desk is a genuine mong level potato.

  19. #109
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    ....................
    Posts
    5,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Soopy View Post
    You can do it, for sure. Fucked if I would want to though.

    Why ?
    ......................

  20. #110
    bitch lasagne Bob Vegana.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Sonova Beach
    Posts
    5,896
    When you see a (UK-based) Fiat Panda legally towing a car trailer laden with a Range Rover Evoke, anything seems possible in the towing world.
    Quote Originally Posted by brewdles View Post
    In short, some cunt at test and tune had a 250cc honda turning to 11ty and it sounded porn. Do that.

  21. #111
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    ....................
    Posts
    5,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Flibberty Gibbets View Post
    When you see a (UK-based) Fiat Panda legally towing a car trailer laden with a Range Rover Evoke, anything seems possible in the towing world.

    ahh ok so a 500kg car towing a 2000kg car is not a good thing, is that allowed in Aus ?
    ......................

  22. #112
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Adelaide, Blackwood, Australia
    Posts
    699


    Only thing that can tow as a FWD

  23. #113
    Registered User FioriGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Western Isles
    Posts
    878
    i'd roll around in this FWD tow car any day of the week


  24. #114
    PF's #1 soft roader advocate Captiva Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    The Crime Zone
    Posts
    29,689
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles View Post
    Dont know that's why iam asking. apparently FWD's tow like shit. Cunt's get pulled around all over the place.

    Must be an AUS thing as many other countries seems tow just fine with FWD.
    Think nanny laws.
    Although in this case, it's a bit like it being illegal to clap your 'nads between a pair of house-bricks.
    Just because Johnny jumps off a cliff doesn't mean you have to.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles View Post
    ahh ok so a 500kg car towing a 2000kg car is not a good thing, is that allowed in Aus ?
    An interesting hypothetical question; the answer is that it would be legal if the 500kg car was rated to tow 2000kg, but I'm not sure what that rating involves. I mean you could engineer the 500kg car to cope, theoretically, but it'd royally suck to drive with the 2000kg load pushing it around.
    Last edited by Captiva Fan; 28-10-16 at 06:38 AM.
    Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

  25. #115
    Registered User FioriGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Western Isles
    Posts
    878
    loaded, semi trailer trailers weigh much more than the tractor.

  26. #116
    Registered User dnegative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,954
    They also have proper brakes and don't pivot on the back of the truck nearly as much as say a car trailer on a AU falcon.
    Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    Fuck I'm retarded

  27. #117
    Registered User FioriGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Western Isles
    Posts
    878
    obviously, i'm just throwing engineering ideas at fondles' 500kg tow car.

  28. #118
    PF's #1 soft roader advocate Captiva Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    The Crime Zone
    Posts
    29,689
    Towball in the middle of the roof?
    Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

  29. #119
    Registered User FioriGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Western Isles
    Posts
    878

  30. #120
    Former hairdresser Captain_Slow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    9,101
    Quote Originally Posted by Forg View Post
    Opel's attempt here might be indicative of Holden not actually being able to choose from Euro stuff, but instead being told they had to sell Chevrolet (read: Daewoo) dross.
    According to a book I've been reading, while Holden was basically told by GM to spend money on buying Daewoo, they thought it would work out well if they could get some local design and engineering input into the cars before putting Holden badges on them. Unfortunately that didn't happen for the first generation of Daewoo stuff they sold here, so you had rubbish like the Viva and Barina which were years behind the Opels they replaced.

    It was such an own goal, considering how well Holden had been doing with selling Opel products from an image point of view (if not profitability).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •