Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 134

Thread: Audi Q7 TDi V6 or similar - ver. new family car

  1. #1
    Registered User 2rismo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Wollongong
    Posts
    5,434

    Audi Q7 TDi V6 or similar - ver. new family car

    Looking for new family car/SUV type deal. Mostly in it for the internal space and towing as opposed to the off-road capability (don't care about 4WDing) so things like Land Cruisers and dual-cab utes don't really interest me. Wife will drive it most of the time so something that drives like a car is important. Also it'd be nice if it was something a little fancier with some nice shit in it than what she's had previously (her current car is a BFII XR6T).

    Looking at 2012-ish Q7s generally sees ~$48k-50k which is around the budget and we both like them.

    Questions;

    - What are the known issues with these things? Anything scary/mega-expensive to repair @ ~100k?

    - What are they like to service/maintain? Are they super-euro-exxy or cheaper than I think because VW?

    - What other cars should I be considering? ML350? earlier RR?

    Thanks in advance, carnts.
    Quote Originally Posted by piss98
    I wish Kochie would get blown out to sea and never found, in fact most of those dumb cunts standing in the rain telling people not to stand in the rain need to get fucked. Stupid tart on the news last night talking to the weather guy "wow you look totally drenched there whateverthefuckhisnamewas." No shit you vapid bitch he is standing in a fucking cyclone.

  2. #2
    Eurotrash :D
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    4,131
    basically its a 7 seat touraeg.

    my boss' wife runs one. good cars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marv View Post
    Only be concerned if that Dunning-Kruger Motorsports bloke is there and goes all Captain Damphands McGigglefingers on you after a couple of lemon squashes....


    I'M NOT A HOOKER BUT 20 BUCKS IS 20 BUCKS...

    robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

  3. #3
    ARE YOU REAAAAADY? Grunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    SYDNEY
    Posts
    3,720
    fucking big cars - we went the big engined Q5 instead.

    theres a great one at trade prestige with all the stuff, 30 odd thousand km in white for low 40's. Would have been a pluss $100k car a couple of years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by doods189
    Will throw in around $3000 worth of reptiles and acc as part payment and maybe if partner let's me a 50in plasma 3d tv

  4. #4
    ARE YOU REAAAAADY? Grunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    SYDNEY
    Posts
    3,720
    this one - http://stock.tradeprestige.com.au/de...di-Q5-29826410

    and for some reason - i think X6's fucken rule, maybe consider those?
    Quote Originally Posted by doods189
    Will throw in around $3000 worth of reptiles and acc as part payment and maybe if partner let's me a 50in plasma 3d tv

  5. #5
    turbo that is not so phat
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    ex bris
    Posts
    1,387
    unless you specifically need 7 seats, my recommendation would be the E70 X5 30D - they have them running through the auctions with a few options (MSports+Sunroof) between $50K & 60K depending on km's (most had less than 50K KM)

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    1,937
    Weird thing to say, but what about a Volvo XC90? Or if space is less of big deal, XC60?

    http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...-4275982/?Cr=5
    http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/de...3697796/?Cr=12
    Smug elitist wanker since 2013.

  7. #7
    ARE YOU REAAAAADY? Grunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    SYDNEY
    Posts
    3,720
    Just thinking, that Audi I posted has lost about $3 per kilometre driven.... Holy depreciation batman!

    Worst bit about all that is that I've got the same one only a couple of years newer...
    Quote Originally Posted by doods189
    Will throw in around $3000 worth of reptiles and acc as part payment and maybe if partner let's me a 50in plasma 3d tv

  8. #8
    Registered User 2rismo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Wollongong
    Posts
    5,434
    Quote Originally Posted by Grunt View Post
    Just thinking, that Audi I posted has lost about $3 per kilometre driven.... Holy depreciation batman!

    Worst bit about all that is that I've got the same one only a couple of years newer...
    2012 Q7 I'm looking at is $48k/100kms/major service done (100k?), tonnes of optional shit (21s, trim bullshit etc), and would've been a $120k car new, surely.
    Quote Originally Posted by piss98
    I wish Kochie would get blown out to sea and never found, in fact most of those dumb cunts standing in the rain telling people not to stand in the rain need to get fucked. Stupid tart on the news last night talking to the weather guy "wow you look totally drenched there whateverthefuckhisnamewas." No shit you vapid bitch he is standing in a fucking cyclone.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    bm
    Posts
    5,120
    family car if you want to tow is q7 all the way, q5 is too small inside and has a gay tow limit and equally gay twin clutch (unless you buy the rsq5)

    speak to seb on here for service details

    but basicallu\y see below when paying cash
    minor service 300
    major 500
    oil change every 7500km ( do it yourself $100 bux or get seb to do it $150)
    front and rear brakes and rotors 600 (every 50k)
    transmission service at 100k $600
    replaced water pump and diesel pump belts at 200k ( was 500-700?)
    and i have killed 2 batteries in 240k they are $500 each
    tyres last go about 25k (rears when towing alot, i tow every weekend), fronts 40k i swap to rear and buy new fronts
    besides that i have replaced a aircon blower for $500, head light globes $200 and a water temp sensor $30 in the last 240k that mine has done

    after 240k i think its worth about 5 bux so ill just drive it into the ground

    will report back after 300k.. hopefully still going strong
    Check out my shit for sale on facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Junk-...25870327473735

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    bm
    Posts
    5,120
    Quote Originally Posted by 2rismo View Post
    2012 Q7 I'm looking at is $48k/100kms/major service done (100k?), tonnes of optional shit (21s, trim bullshit etc), and would've been a $120k car new, surely.
    on runnout they were doing that with the v12 body kit drive away for 95k

    in 2015
    Check out my shit for sale on facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Junk-...25870327473735

  11. #11
    Registered User travisaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    1,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Grunt View Post
    fucking big cars - we went the big engined Q5 instead.
    this... I just picked up an SQ5 and the thing rocks. Plenty of space (for us) and the engine is a standout. The Q7 just feels like a massive car every time you go to drive it.
    Quote Originally Posted by psssi98 View Post
    will probably take it up the arse

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Adelaide, SA
    Posts
    1,516
    L322 Vogue TDV8 > everything else.

  13. #13
    Registered User 2rismo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Wollongong
    Posts
    5,434
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJonWB View Post
    L322 Vogue TDV8 > everything else.
    Yep, $80k > $50k.
    Quote Originally Posted by piss98
    I wish Kochie would get blown out to sea and never found, in fact most of those dumb cunts standing in the rain telling people not to stand in the rain need to get fucked. Stupid tart on the news last night talking to the weather guy "wow you look totally drenched there whateverthefuckhisnamewas." No shit you vapid bitch he is standing in a fucking cyclone.

  14. #14
    Registered User darkside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,635
    Quote Originally Posted by travisaus View Post
    this... I just picked up an SQ5 and the thing rocks. Plenty of space (for us) and the engine is a standout. The Q7 just feels like a massive car every time you go to drive it.
    As mentioned earlier depends on what towing capacity you need. Was a bit light on for my needs. Needed the bigger platform with 3.5t.

  15. #15
    Registered User bigshipengine.jpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wollongong
    Posts
    8,399
    Quote Originally Posted by fatz View Post
    family car if you want to tow is q7 all the way, q5 is too small inside and has a gay tow limit and equally gay twin clutch (unless you buy the rsq5)

    speak to seb on here for service details

    but basicallu\y see below when paying cash
    minor service 300
    major 500
    oil change every 7500km ( do it yourself $100 bux or get seb to do it $150)
    front and rear brakes and rotors 600 (every 50k)
    transmission service at 100k $600
    replaced water pump and diesel pump belts at 200k ( was 500-700?)
    and i have killed 2 batteries in 240k they are $500 each
    tyres last go about 25k (rears when towing alot, i tow every weekend), fronts 40k i swap to rear and buy new fronts
    besides that i have replaced a aircon blower for $500, head light globes $200 and a water temp sensor $30 in the last 240k that mine has done

    after 240k i think its worth about 5 bux so ill just drive it into the ground

    will report back after 300k.. hopefully still going strong
    Happy to be corrected but i think you'll find its the Q3 with the twin clutch and the Q5 has the ZF proper Auto like a Q7.
    Adrian only has 1 child i reckon a Q5 is plenty big enough. Which also means you should look at VW Touregs as there the same.
    Having said all that i love Q7's also...

    Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    It Places the lotion in the basket!

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    bm
    Posts
    5,120
    q5 has twin clutch except for sq5

    as above
    Check out my shit for sale on facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Junk-...25870327473735

  17. #17
    Registered User bigshipengine.jpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wollongong
    Posts
    8,399
    Ok ill shut up now....

    Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    It Places the lotion in the basket!

  18. #18
    Registered User darkside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,635
    And the toe rag is same platform as Q7. Q5 is Tiguan. Toerag 3.5t towing, Q5 2.5 afaik.

  19. #19
    Down with ma homies Greg Rust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Perf
    Posts
    11,070
    ^^ Dig you just get a Toerag?
    2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
    2007 KTM 250 SX

    Quote Originally Posted by Monza View Post
    I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

  20. #20
    Interested bystander
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    849
    Quote Originally Posted by fatz View Post
    q5 has twin clutch except for sq5

    as above
    Petrols are 8 speed torque converter autos. What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

  21. #21
    Registered User darkside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Rust View Post
    ^^ Dig you just get a Toerag?
    Yes Thus far, its a fkn good thing.

  22. #22
    Registered User darkside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,635
    Quote Originally Posted by elfturbomax View Post
    Petrols are 8 speed torque converter autos. What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days.
    Because TT V8, 250kw, 800nm and 8.7l/100

  23. #23
    Eurotrash :D
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    4,131
    q5 is a jacked up A4, No tiguan in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marv View Post
    Only be concerned if that Dunning-Kruger Motorsports bloke is there and goes all Captain Damphands McGigglefingers on you after a couple of lemon squashes....


    I'M NOT A HOOKER BUT 20 BUCKS IS 20 BUCKS...

    robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

  24. #24
    Compulsive modifier awdmoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    1,433
    Yep Tiguan is A3, Q3, Yeti or Golf V or VI.
    Lots of minis & mokes including a G13b powered Sports Sedan, a couple of Swift Gtis, a Goggomobil, Porsche 928S, Polo Gti, BMW 540i, a WRX and a few others.

  25. #25
    Registered User darkside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,635
    ^^ I stand corrected

  26. #26
    Registered User I'm DJ!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Beach-ville
    Posts
    9,118
    GL is the benz comparo. Love mine. Gl500 has the 5.5 275kw v8 with 7 speed box and runs 14.5km with nopics driving it around town over laat 30000kms.

    Brake discs at 100,000kms
    Electronic shocks are $600 a corner
    Airbags are the same
    Power steer pump seals go
    Otherwise pretty bulletproof. Proper 4wd but drives like a smaller car. Massive boot and last row of seats will fit two full sized adults. 3.0diesel is underwhelming and the 450cdi is an absolute cracker if you can find one in budget.

    No idea on q7 but a mate has one and complains about the interior being a bit shit in terms of general wear and tear.
    Quote Originally Posted by thebluerx7 View Post
    The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .


  27. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Adelaide, SA
    Posts
    1,516
    Quote Originally Posted by 2rismo View Post
    Yep, $80k > $50k.

    Mine has 106 on the clock. Probably only worth 50k. But not for sale.

  28. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    bm
    Posts
    5,120
    Quote Originally Posted by elfturbomax View Post
    Petrols are 8 speed torque converter autos. What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
    We're talkin tow cars not gay petrol
    Check out my shit for sale on facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Junk-...25870327473735

  29. #29
    Registered User kgc10-R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Sydney.
    Posts
    289
    Towed my nephews blown (as in 6/71...not BANG!) XY from Townsville to Brissy a few months back with an MY14 Q5 Diesel auto. Was a well sorted new trailer, but what an awesome car for the job! no fuss no issues at all.

  30. #30
    i like to ski redgsr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Mountains
    Posts
    802
    Quote Originally Posted by darkside View Post
    Yes Thus far, its a fkn good thing.
    Ditto. Got a R-Line earlier this year. Loving it.

    Q7 looks a lot longer in length when I see them around, Touareg is comparable to Cayenne in size.

    I didn't want/need 7 seats so I'm really happy with the size, yes it's a large/heavy car but it's not enormous.

    V8 shifts it along pretty well too.

    Quote Originally Posted by darkside View Post
    Because TT V8, 250kw, 800nm and 8.7l/100

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •