Thread: MX83 Series 1 + 1UZFE (SC400 version)

MX83 Series 1 + 1UZFE (SC400 version)

Hey guys

http://www.performanceforums.com/for...ht=jz+cressida
    So I want to ask some questions which are more specific to this specific forum. I'm going to glaze over some stuff and I'd really appreciate any feedback you might have.

So I've got this project, a MX83 Cressida (series one GLi). Immaculate Grandpa spec Cressida. Just needs a "I <3 Bowls" sticker.
    I have a 1UZFE from a Toyota SC400. I've purchased the required front sump to fit.

I intend on going with a turbo. I'm open to suggestions but currently I'm actually thinking of whatever was used on the BA Falcon XR6T's. Internal waste gate may actually be good for me in the "Keep It Simple Stupid" principal of engineering. I have no intentions of going over 400kw atw ever.

Current plan for engine management + TCM is either a Haltech Elite 2500 (Expensive option) or a Haltech PS2000 (much cheaper) option and a trans computer that was suggested to me by a mate. Sorry I can't be more specific atm.

I've already got my engine mounts for the MX83 S1 from xcessivemanufacturing. One area I'm stuck on right now is what rubber mounts I need from these to the X-member mounts. The original SC400 ones are dead. Cressy ones are still okay if they'll work.

Gearbox wise.
    I've got the original Cressida A340E with it's long extension housing and 2x SC400 boxes to play with at the moment. Currently trying to figure out the game plan for boxes, controllers and tail shaft. that's a lower priority atm.

As everything stands right now.
    The Cressida has it's original 7MGE and trans removed as well as the engine harness.
    1UZFE is currently on a engine stand minus everything. It's a long motor with no manifolds right now. Mice / rats got to to the OEM engine harness so I'm not even going to try it.

I'm all ears guys I'm know some of you magnificent bastards have experience with this stuff. I took this on with the mentality of "When you bite off more than you can chew, just take a bigger bite and chew like hell"

So yep. That's where I'm at. I'm trying to find a end game that results in me power skidding this thing. Getting it engineered and somewhat legal so I can at least cruise around without drawing attention to myself.
    Street car, fun, sleeper, I expect it's going to cost more than I'd ever have expected but if I can do under $10k i'm happy.

I can do some of the fabrication work myself. I'm learning. I intend on continuing to learn.
    Last edited by Crash Dummy; 15-11-16 at 02:56 PM.
    - Gary

It is better to say nothing and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

Excessive mounts should fit std MX83 rubber mounts.
    GT35 is ok, you won't make 400rwkw with it though. I would use a bigger turbo myself but it will work.
    Use the 1UZFE box and get a slip jointed tailshaft, much cheaper in the long run.
    Don't bother with a trans controller, manualise the auto.
    If you don't care for flex fuel then an Elite 550 is good enough. Or an Atom or Andytronic, whatever.
    Use yaris or 1UZ coils, the dizzy's and 5mm leads won't cut it.
    Don't go over low 400s atw unless you do headgaskets and studs.
    Use a 25 row engine oil cooler for the trans and a 3 solenoid valve body from MX83 box with shift kit and 3200 converter from MV.
    David Fraser - Automotive Historian!

Quote Originally Posted by bigmuz View Post
    You can't polish a turd but you can put 600hp in it and laugh your fucking arse off coming past someone sideways at Powercruise.

Quote Originally Posted by JZK25 View Post
    Excessive mounts should fit std MX83 rubber mounts.
    GT35 is ok, you won't make 400rwkw with it though. I would use a bigger turbo myself but it will work.
    Use the 1UZFE box and get a slip jointed tailshaft, much cheaper in the long run.
    Don't bother with a trans controller, manualise the auto.
    If you don't care for flex fuel then an Elite 550 is good enough. Or an Atom or Andytronic, whatever.
    Use yaris or 1UZ coils, the dizzy's and 5mm leads won't cut it.
    Don't go over low 400s atw unless you do headgaskets and studs.
    Use a 25 row engine oil cooler for the trans and a 3 solenoid valve body from MX83 box with shift kit and 3200 converter from MV.
    Thanks Al.

What about LS3 coils ? I've got a set at my disposal.
    - Gary

It is better to say nothing and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

Yeah I meant to say LS coils not 1UZ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David Fraser - Automotive Historian!

Quote Originally Posted by bigmuz View Post
    You can't polish a turd but you can put 600hp in it and laugh your fucking arse off coming past someone sideways at Powercruise.

Hey mate. Just wondering if there was any more progress on your conversion? I'm about to start my own 1uz into MX83 😊