Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Rosberg has Retired

Wasn't Wehrlein overlooked in favour of Ocon for the seat at Force India (this may or may not have had Mercedes input)?
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX19X View Post
    Shitbreak is the epitome of perfection.

From article

Either way, Mercedes has a lot to think about right now, and non-executive chairman Niki Lauda is none too happy about it.

The former world champion was angry at Rosberg for the timing of his announcement and the fact he gave the team no prior warning about what his future intentions were.

“What annoys me the most is that now Nico is telling us that he would have continued had he not won the world championship,” Lauda was quoted as saying by Germany’s Die Welt newspaper.

“This is something he could have at least hinted at when he signed his contract. In this case, we could have prepared a Plan B — we would have had to in order to be ready. But it is as it is.

“We all gave him the opportunity to become world champion in a fantastic car — and then he tells us he wants to retire.

“This has created a huge hole in this great working team. And we’re left looking dumb.”
    Hands up if you’re a world champion.

Hands up if you’re a world champion.Source:AAP

The 67-year-old won the title three times in his illustrious career and was surprised Rosberg didn’t want to defend his crown. He said things were different in his day, when backing up the following season was just as important as winning the trophy in the first place.

“(Back in my time) I definitely wanted to defend my title. It was a challenge to have No. 1 on the car and to beat the opposition again,” Lauda said.

“In fact it was the most important thing to defend the title. You only wanted to be champion to do that.

“Nico chose to go down a different path, he always wanted to. The problem is he never gave any signs that these were his plans. This is why it took us by surprise.”

Lauda told Gazzetta dello Sport he “took it badly” when he found out about Rosberg’s retirement, as did everyone else in the Mercedes garage.

“Rosberg’s decision has left us disorientated and unprepared, and all those who contributed to Nico winning the world title took it very badly,” he said.

And from Wiki....

Lauda's previously good relationship with Ferrari was severely affected by his decision to withdraw from the Japanese Grand Prix, and he endured a difficult 1977 season, despite easily winning the championship through consistency rather than outright pace. Lauda disliked his new teammate, Reutemann, who had served as his replacement driver. Lauda was not comfortable with this move and felt he had been let down by Ferrari. "We never could stand each other, and instead of taking pressure off me, they put on even more by bringing Carlos Reutemann into the team."[8] Having announced his decision to quit Ferrari at season's end, Lauda left earlier because of the team's decision to run the unknown Gilles Villeneuve in a third car at the Canadian Grand Prix.
    In September, Lauda finished 4th in Monza, and won the non-WC Imola event, still with the Alfa V12 engine. After that, Brabham returned to the familiar Cosworth V8. In late September, during practice for the 1979 Canadian Grand Prix, Lauda informed Brabham that he wished to retire immediately, as he had no more desire to "drive around in circles".
    Fuck off Lauda.

N-

The royal penis is clean tremolo's Avatar
    Joe Saward reckons Bottas will get the gig

Bottas to Merc, Pascal to Williams on a engine discount deal for them, could work. But then you have Stroll with 0 experience and Pascal trying to develop a new aero car.
    #teamtremolo
    Quote Originally Posted by brasher
    TJ is 99% African American.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    And i'd still fuck Betty....

Button's free & could go to Williams alongside Stroll for a year while Pascal chips away with Manor for a bit

The thing with Button is, he just spent the last part of his career stating he simply cannot be fucked going through another racing season - doesn't exactly inspire confidence for a fired up and committed guy.

Or that he even wants a drive if it was offered.
    #teamtremolo

Yeah I cant see Button coming back. Itd be too many Brits on a German team.
    #WHOTW award winner #blessed #susanalbumparty

When did Williams become a German team?

Yeah sorry, I read that out of sequence.

Cant see Button coming back either way, even less likely to Williams IMO.
    #WHOTW award winner #blessed #susanalbumparty

MS to make his third comeback

Just came here to say good on Nico, fuck the haters.

Achieved what he wanted to acheive, smart enough to realise its going to be hard to replicate, retire a champion enjoy your money and young family in a less stressfull enviroment.
    1978 Opel Manta SR Berlinetta 1UZFE - Project
    2013 Opel Insignia OPC - Daily
    2011 Hyundai iLoad - Work
    2015 Skoda Octavia Scout premium 132TSI - Mrs

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    The thing with Button is, he just spent the last part of his career stating he simply cannot be fucked going through another racing season - doesn't exactly inspire confidence for a fired up and committed guy.

Or that he even wants a drive if it was offered.
    Yeah you're right, it's probably unlikely as Button also outscored Hamilton when they were teammates. If Merc introduce a superior driver such as Button, Lewis may rage quit and they'd be left having to fill another seat.

one day TJ is going to stab you trem

hmmm
    Massa on a one year deal as a clear no2

Quote Originally Posted by trdee View Post
    one day TJ is going to stab you trem
    I'm just stating facts, it's not personal opinion

Hamilton rage quit after Malaysia apparently. So if Button were to join, it is inevitable he would rage quit again.

I do wonder if Nico has memory of working well with Ross Brawn, and how that went down the tube when Lauda and Wolff turned up.....figured he owed them no favours?

My thinking was Bottas to Merc. Wehrlein to Williams but that really does leave Williams without an experienced hand to sort out a new car. That does bring Button back into the picture.....

The much simpler answer is to draft Wehrlein into Merc. but raises the question, is he that good? or is Ocon better?

Very interesting...

Hamilton rage quit after Malaysia apparently. So if Button were to join, it is inevitable he would rage quit again.
    Spain*
    #teamtremolo

Ahh yes, correct.

Stop suggesting Button will go to Williams.

He was asked repeatedly about going to Williams when Massa retired and shot those rumors to shit over and over again. He is not going to Williams.

Merc on the other hand, stranger things have happened. It's easy to come out of retirement when you are pretty much guaranteed a championship contender of a car.

Anyone linked this yet? Cracked me up.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNmu-WzAM-h/

Chairbourn ranger! Mike Lowrrryyy's Avatar
    LOL.
    Toto is a genuinely funny cunt.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127386

Looks like Bottas is out of the equation

When asked about trying to lure the contracted Sebastian Vettel from Ferrari or Fernando Alonso from McLaren, Wolff said that was not high on his agenda.

"It's not my intention to interfere with Ferrari's internal issues," Wolff told Gazzetta Dello Sport.

"And I don't even know if Sebastian really has the intention to come to us.

"It's the same thing [with Alonso]: what would Ferrari and McLaren do without Vettel and Alonso in December?

"Or Williams without [Valtteri] Bottas? [That] option is the one I like the least.

Sounds like Massa, Button or Webs could return:

"The first [path] is to consider having a number one and a number two," he said,

"A bit like Ferrari during the [Michael] Schumacher and [Felipe] Massa era.

"That is, hire a driver that guarantees points for the constructors' [championship].

"The second hypothesis is to promote our young drivers, Ocon or Werhlein.
    Quote Originally Posted by Babalouie View Post
    Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

I reckon Button will go to Williams

outta left field, pierre gasly from prema racing?
    Sloth: [Sloff] Noun, like Skompa but with euro shitboxen, a large bearded person, with a penchant for cider and garlic pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by Rdyno View Post
    That's retardism cunt stop discriminating against me and my fellow retards.

I would praise the gods if Jenson came in and did a rosberg (won a few races) while Hamilton had engine failures making him lose by a few points. The shit show would be awesome.

Interesting little piece from Joe Saward:
    I still find it troubling that today a lot of people are reporting that Lewis Hamilton has "finally" taken to social media to congratulate F1 rival and Mercedes team-mate Nico Rosberg, as though Lewis was grudgingly acknowledging Nico's achievement four days after the event.

This is dishonest reporting. After the race in Abu Dhabi on Sunday, Lewis Hamilton said the following, in his first public statement after the race. "A big congratulations to Nico, of course, his first world championship. Good job, man".

Nico said: "I also want to say congrats to Lewis, you did a great season, great competitor, massively quick always. Congrats, always tough to beat you."

A few moments later, Lewis added: "I did everything that I could, particularly towards the end and obviously Nico had a very, very clean year without any real issues to be honest and that’s why we sit in this position right now. But he did a fantastic job, so big congratulations to him, it’s a great feeling to win the world championship and I look forward to fighting with him next year."

Sporting? Both men were. The stuff written since then is 24-carat crap.

I'm surprised Hulk hasn't been mentioned more. Surely he'd have a clause or be cheaper to buy out of a contract.
    Last edited by AndyMac; 05-12-16 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyMac View Post
    I'm surprised Hulk hasn't been mentioned more. Surely he'd have a clause or be cheaper to buy out of a contract.
    He'd also be a few feet taller than Hamilton though right?
    Shitbreak is the epitome of perfection.