Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Improved Production Mustang

Can you run Griggs Suspension?
    Are you optimistic or pessimistic about the end of the world?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Major View Post
    Can you run Griggs Suspension?
    I wish, just pulled the Griggs front control arms and K Frame out!

Improved Production must retain original suspension arms and K Frame. Uprights, hubs and shocks are free so long as the shocks and springs are in the original location

Ash

Would photos of the PinePac Group A Mustang be of any use to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Major View Post
    Would photos of the PinePac Group A Mustang be of any use to you?
    Before or after they balled it up?
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Quote Originally Posted by Gammaboy View Post
    Before or after they balled it up?
    Phillip Island 2007. So after the first big crash and before the second one.

They did fuck it pretty good.

"Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Gosh. That's a bit sad

Looks like a Lotus Esprit in the last pic.
    NA8B 89 KW's- P.I. 1:50.1, WNTN1:38.0, SDWN 1:27.6, WKFLD 1:10.4
    NB8B 181 KW's- P.I 1:43.8, WNTN 1:32.9, SDWN 1:22.0, BDFD 1:05.3
    VP- P.I 1:46.2 damp track

They did fuck it pretty good.
    Fork! I started scrolling down through the pics and wasn't paying attention, presuming (as I wasn't wearing my glasses) it was a diff centre or something.

Hate those pictures.
    1971 Mazda 1300 Estate Deluxe
    1973 Mazda 1300 Wagon
    1979 Mazda RX7 12APP
    1994 Mazda Familia GTR

Setting up pedal box and seating position. As you can see its important to use the correct racing boots whilst setting up pedal height!

I was wondering what had happened to this, glad to see it's still going. What are you planning for a brake light switch? I've got the same pedal box but can't really see a simple way of running a conventional switch so I'm going to use a pressure sensor to switch the brake lights via the Motec PDM. Would love to see a simpler solution if you have one.

Tee piece in the line, and screw in a brake light switch for a mini? Side stand switch from a bike on a bracket? Switch from the back brake pedal on a bike with it's spring? Plenty of ways to skin a cat.

Completely forgot about the brake switch, thanks for reminding me. Will probably make a bracket and have a switch to the pedal. Need to keep it simple

Tee piece in the line, and screw in a brake light switch for a mini? Side stand switch from a bike on a bracket? Switch from the back brake pedal on a bike with it's spring? Plenty of ways to skin a cat.
    This is exactly what i did for my pedal box. Went on ebay and searched for "motorcycle hydraulic brake light switch", got a $5 china switch and teed it into my rear brake line. I bought a couple thinking they would crap out but the original one is still going strong. You barely need any force to set them off so the lights come on as soon as you hit the pedal.

Quote Originally Posted by Barney View Post
    Completely forgot about the brake switch, thanks for reminding me. Will probably make a bracket and have a switch to the pedal. Need to keep it simple
    The Tilton pedals are a bit cunty for making a bracket, as suggested by others I'm going to look at a basic pressure switch.
    http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Pressu...-NPT,1971.html

Quote Originally Posted by Alexg View Post
    This is exactly what i did for my pedal box. Went on ebay and searched for "motorcycle hydraulic brake light switch", got a $5 china switch and teed it into my rear brake line. I bought a couple thinking they would crap out but the original one is still going strong. You barely need any force to set them off so the lights come on as soon as you hit the pedal.
    Hey lettuce know if you want to sell one as I always have issues with the switch off the bracket style that I'm currently running.
    xw Falcon 393 full race cam, NGK spark plugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Komdotkom View Post
    The Tilton pedals are a bit cunty for making a bracket, as suggested by others I'm going to look at a basic pressure switch.
    http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Pressu...-NPT,1971.html
    That looks very similar to the one used on Minis, E-Types and Alfas.
    Plenty of banjo bolt switches (single and double banjo) around though, I think i've got a single banjo switch in a box somewhere.

I'm planning on teeing into the lines somewhere and running one of the 1/8 NPT switches as well. Predicting setting up a regular switch on a floor mounted Tilton box is going to be a cunt.

http://www.jegs.com/p/JEGS-Performan...63631/10002/-1
    Emo 6 - Track
    '74 Mazda 808 - Daily/Resto project

Quote Originally Posted by monk_13 View Post
    I'm planning on teeing into the lines somewhere and running one of the 1/8 NPT switches as well. Predicting setting up a regular switch on a floor mounted Tilton box is going to be a cunt.

http://www.jegs.com/p/JEGS-Performan...63631/10002/-1
    Yep, I like that more than the banjo style.

Also, any more info on the Windsor for this?

Oh - a heads up on those 1/8th NPT switches - either mount them so the terminals point down, or bleed the brakes up, unscrew the switch, fill the recess in the switch with fluid, screw back in and re-bleed. Otherwise you wind up with air trapped in the switch.

I'm prob gonna keep the second one i got as a spare just in case.

Ok no probs.
    xw Falcon 393 full race cam, NGK spark plugs.

Mine only took about 5 days to get here and there are tons available on ebay with free postage. I did have to tap the tee fitting to the metric thread and chop the sensor down about 10mm but since they come with dowty seals you can just use one and it goes in like any other 1/8 npt sensor.

They also come in M10 x1.0, 1.25 and 1.5 - easy to wind up with the wrong one.

Also, any more info on the Windsor for this?
    Yates Headed 363Windsor with 8 Throttle bodies

Fuck me, this thing really has the potential to upset Ray's dominance of the series

Fuck me, this thing really has the potential to upset Ray's dominance of the series
    Well don't know about that but wanna give it a go, need to be able to drive it as well.

Also running Holinger and Cambered 9"

Ray is looking forward to it, he wants the competition

Ray has competition its a civic driven by Jordan Cox and now you as well.
    I told them I once raced cars (total lie ) pissed them right off I will think of something bigger.

turbosurfer

Wannabe internet expert
    I have a weird fascination with fox bodies. How did you get a hold of this car, did you personally import it or had someone else already brought it over to Aus? I like it a lot, love the colour. Can't wait to see this thing dominate at the track.