Thread: Hypergear Turbos

Hypergear Turbos

Just wondering if anyone on here has used a hypergear turbo? Thinking of getting one of there atr28ss for my datto aim is for around 250rwkw on E85 and there seems to be quite a few guys making these sort of numbers with it. Just not sure on reliability over a garrett?

Heaps of people on the Skyline aus forum run these.. same on Nissan Silvia... No issues

I had one custom-built for me. It was great.

The only reliability issues they've ever had, that I'm aware of, are related to install issues (eg. running oil restrictors where a turbo doesn't require) and they do require now that people run BOVs with all installs because they had a couple of warranty claims on this.

In particular they're also very good for hiflows.

I've got one on my tarmac rally car, it's been great. When I got the car dyno'd the tuner forgot to put the boost reference back to the wastegate so it did a few laps of Phillip Island at 40psi and didn't blow up, and has been going strong ever since.
    Better option than a Kando in my opinion, but I've never run his stuff, only highflows.

I think from memory they won their class in WTAC or something one year. They're particularly big in the drift scene, which is why anyone on here - because we're adults - haven't heard a lot about them.

The dude does all his testing on his own car. He bought a bucket series 1 R33 gtst. Did a simple RB25 rebuild with forged pistons and rods and used a non AFM ECU. Then that thing copped dyno run after dyno run daily for about 3 years testing all versions of his turbos and hiflows from 220rwkw to over 400. All at status tuning in Melbourne with Trent doing the pg-up work.

Then sold it off and got an S15 and rebuilt the SR and did the same work on that.

Always stands behind his work. Always happy to answer questions at provide dyno graphs and specific details of anything you want.
    I don't think I've seen anyone not happy over on SAU with his stuff

Yeah all the research Ive done everyone seems happy with them and he's been more than help full over the phone. Looks like I better put an order in.