Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Toyota Supra 2017? bullshit or possible?

Datso total agree but they're already using the platform ....

So what V6 twin turbo have they got in development ? Would they invest big dollars right now ?? Toyota haven't been on the front foot with innovation as far as motors go, I for 1 would love to see a new donk, anyway prob have to wait atleast 12mths +

Former hairdresser Captain_Slow's Avatar
    New Lexus LS500 has a 3.5 twin turbo V6, 310kw/600Nm. Launched this week. Should go nicely in a 13-1400kg Supra, no?

Screaming banshee
    It should, more interesting would be how it would go in the 15-1600kg Supra they might put it in though

1600kg at least you'd think

The last one, 20yrs ago was 1600kg.. think how much extra safety shit they have to shove in it

'infotainment' will add 500kg too.. get rid of that shit from cars, ffs.

the 3.5tt v6 would likely be the easiest donk long gone are the days of rear engined MR2, albeit short wheelbases
    That body would be awesome with a rear engined V6, L6 or flat six with all those bro scoops
    Last edited by datso; 14-01-17 at 09:47 PM.
    "The only people mad at you for speaking the truth are those living a lie" - Henry Ford
    “Nations survive its fools but not treason from within. Enemies at the gates are less formidable carrying their banner openly. Traitors move freely & use their victims accents even wear their faces & their arguments. A murderer is less to fear.” - Marcus Cicero https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj5eypBex-U Euronymous - PFs latest Jew halve dick

Unregistered User Permit Roadsailing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by datso View Post
    the 3.5tt v6 would be the likely donk chosen donk long gone are the days of rear engined MR2 albeit short wheelbase
    That body would be awesome with a rear engined V6, L6 or flat six with all those scoops
    MR2s were mid engined, wash your mouth out!

toyota needs to make a rear drive ute with a V8. design based on the Stout.

oh shit getting late yes should have read the daggy flying chicken badge on the wifes MRS "midship runabout"
    now time for bed and an image for horny dreams

As for toyota v8 pickup
    Id rather a flat 6 midengined pickup as the engine allows full use of a tray
    and the front a boot area for tools and shit that usually takes up space in the tray area
    something a bit more useful than this
    Last edited by datso; 14-01-17 at 10:20 PM.
    "The only people mad at you for speaking the truth are those living a lie" - Henry Ford
    “Nations survive its fools but not treason from within. Enemies at the gates are less formidable carrying their banner openly. Traitors move freely & use their victims accents even wear their faces & their arguments. A murderer is less to fear.” - Marcus Cicero https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj5eypBex-U Euronymous - PFs latest Jew halve dick

Former hairdresser Captain_Slow's Avatar
    It might not be that heavy. Cars are getting lighter again lately.

Quote Originally Posted by ROBAPHENT View Post
    Long delays? do you think Nissan is making there money off the GTR? the sales are a small part of nissan that even if they removed it they would probobly be better of money wise, but then they would not have anything to enter into race series. Toyota has the RCF/GSF had the ISF all cars that could compete in that RWD Sports car market. you need to remember the Supra will be going for that budget RWD Sports car or else it would become a Lexus
    Wouldn't they just chuck a Nissan badge on an RS01? Anyway the tech in the GT-R is a test bed for all range of models, flat out making money isn't the only reason it exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Slow View Post
    It might not be that heavy. Cars are getting lighter again lately.
    My stripped jza80 is 1470kgs. There's alot of aluminium panels in it too. No a/c, heater, stereo, interior carpet, leccy seats etc.
    DJ's don't need sigs

Most guesstimations have the specs between 1300kgs for base package up to 1500kg for hybrid.

I would think closer to 1800kg mark, but would hope for the 1400 mark. it is hard to tell and would all depend on size of the car, if it is close to RC coupe size then 1800 but if it is a inbetween the FT86 and the RC then i would hope for the 1400kg mark.

I would also think a lot of engines made by Toyota are under estimated considering engines like the 1UZ was not based on performance and yet can hold big power. i keep my eyes and ears open about anything FT1 related so hopefully hear some news, i will try and get over the the concept building again this year and see if i can see anything....

As for Toyota ute.....

They still have this sitting at the office.
    CISCOKIDS
    The Gentlemen's Club
    Midnight Rocker

I've got pics of that at the '04 Brisbane Motor Show. I reckon it was a good idea, shame it didn't get made.

Is the Volta still stashed away somewhere?

Opinionated Cunt perthdrivers.txt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm DJ! View Post
    My stripped jza80 is 1470kgs. There's alot of aluminium panels in it too. No a/c, heater, stereo, interior carpet, leccy seats etc.
    That's because the 2JZ - as good as it was - was a boat anchor of an engine. My track Soarer, a bigger car with no ally panels was easy 100kg less than that

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfturbomax View Post
    What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
    3x1UZ+1x2UR...

Quote Originally Posted by Stevil View Post
    Most guesstimations have the specs between 1300kgs for base package up to 1500kg for hybrid.
    Surely at that weight it would be physically really small?

Z5 is rumoured to be running c.f. chassis, lightweight c.f. plastic and aluminium panels so anything is possible ......he'll what did an NSX weigh back in 89

Quote Originally Posted by Stevil View Post
    Z5 is rumoured to be running c.f. chassis, lightweight c.f. plastic and aluminium panels so anything is possible ......he'll what did an NSX weigh back in 89
    that would finally be more like the promised 21st century mass produced car so many companies went on about for so long approaching y2k

Quote Originally Posted by I'm DJ! View Post
    Mine is ~1550 with 85kg ballast for driver. No rear interior but with halfcage and full fluids except fuel. S2 rz spec so no electric seats.
    Last edited by ma61turbo; 17-01-17 at 02:55 PM.